Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Why is it always the managers fault??

superwolves

Reaction score
Every manager is only as good as the players he has at his disposal. It's not a managers fault if he loses his best player to injury. The loss of Jimenez is why weve dropped off this season. Hes been forced to play semedo out of position today again due to injuries. We have a new striker now who will help fill the gap left by Jimenez. Johnny or marcal will be fit soon our results will start getting better then. Give Nuno the credit and respect he deserves the injuries have cost us this season

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think nuno is without fault but some players really need to pull their fingers out.

Tbh Nuno needs to stop the sentiment and give others a chance

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno isn’t faultless but ultimately these players need to be taking a long, hard look at themselves. We couldn’t even play a 10 yard pass today without it being under hit, over hit or misplaced. The “unforced errors” count would be shocking. They need to grow a pair of balls, stop feeling sorry for themselves, roll their sleeves up and put in the ****ing work to turn this ship around.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re all too deep because that’s how they’ve been trained. They’re negative because of Nuno’s ideas.

60% of the managers in the prem would get more success out of the attackers we have
60% eh? Can you share your data?

superwolves

Reaction score
Nuno provides the ideas, the solutions, the vision. His fault.
Would it make him a better manager if he had Salah kane van dijk to pick from?? Every manager is only as good as the players at his disposal and Nuno is without his best players

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nuno isn’t faultless but ultimately these players need to be taking a long, hard look at themselves. We couldn’t even play a 10 yard pass today without it being under hit, over hit or misplaced. The “unforced errors” count would be shocking. They need to grow a pair of balls, stop feeling sorry for themselves, roll their sleeves up and put in the ****ing work to turn this ship around.

Couldn't pass the ball today, no movement etc very little ideas

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every manager is only as good as the players he has at his disposal. It's not a managers fault if he loses his best player to injury. The loss of Jimenez is why weve dropped off this season. Hes been forced to play semedo out of position today again due to injuries. We have a new striker now who will help fill the gap left by Jimenez. Johnny or marcal will be fit soon our results will start getting better then. Give Nuno the credit and respect he deserves the injuries have cost us this season
It would have helped if Nuno/Fosun had recruited an experienced back up for Raul - Callum Wilson anyone? Also, we could all see in the summer we needed a creative mf; how come Nuno couldn't? Injuries happen to all teams, we should have planned for it; we didn't - Nuno's and Jeff's fault. This situation is down to bad management.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is his dreadful negative tactics that have us in this mess. It has sucked the life out of some of our players from what I saw today. Put some of these players in sides where managers place emphasis on attack rather than ten men behind the ball rubbish and they would look different players. I am afraid that Nuno has majorly ****ed up this season and seems clueless to answers at present. Same comments after every defeat but little to see improvement in any way shape or form in attack, creativity and possession of the ball. What do he and his coaches do in training during the week? I cant see anything on the pitch at present that gives me any clue to what they are doing.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It is his dreadful negative tactics that have us in this mess. It has sucked the life out of some of our players from what I saw today. Put some of these players in sides where managers place emphasis on attack rather than ten men behind the ball rubbish and they would look different players. I am afraid that Nuno has majorly ****ed up this season and seems clueless to answers at present. Same comments after every defeat but little to see improvement in any way shape or form in attack, creativity and possession of the ball.

Tactics are half the issue the other is the team itself, if no one is moving for the ball, or creating options than they are not going to create. The players are as much to blame considering how good they can be.

I know Nuno is Defensive, but there's more than defenders on the pitch, just got to create chances put the ball in the box, play quicker

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because it is his fault. We are a negative side and that is tactical. We have made appalling hash of signings the last few years and that is showing because we have a few injuries.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno is living off past glories and deserves to - for a time set by Fosun and not the fans. Make no mistake, they will already have a list of replacements ready to go.

Players get managers the sack. We know that.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

If we had messi and Ronaldo up top with a prime iniesta Nuno would still play negative defensive football. Nuno would sacrifice creativity for shape and rigidity as its who he is.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If the players can't even pass the ball to each other and move it quicker, it isn't the managers fault, the players need to start getting their finger out and quick you can't just keep on blamingI individual players., there isn't a day goes past where someone's singled out on here, None of them are playing well and the whole lot of them need to shape up

D

Deleted member 4008

I would give Nuno a 15 year contractwe are only 4/5 years into the project.

Obvious to me you need to improve the players and not buy kids .as we ****ed the champ as the players were better so we need to improve them and not rely on 18 / 19 year olds to get us to 7/8th

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would it make him a better manager if he had Salah kane van dijk to pick from?? Every manager is only as good as the players at his disposal and Nuno is without his best players
Nuno has signed this lot so QED he carries the can. Lovely guy but don't think he can sort this. Both WBA and Fulham looked way better than us today. Relegation form sadly. Don't see us getting any points in the next 3 home games. Nuno may well go.

superwolves

Reaction score
It's easy to be a manager sitting behind a computer and picking a team every week

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How can he evidence his opinion?

it’s clear to most people that this is tactical not because we don’t have good enough players I would have thought

He changed tactics he tried to play 4 at the back and he had to change it back due to the players, Nuno isn't without fault by no regards but the players are not up to scratch currently

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the transfer committee who sanctioned last summer's business and David Luiz bear the greatest responsibility for the current mess.

What we are seeing now are the consequences of an open wound of playing without any competent PL striker game after game after game. The majority of players have lost all confidence now and have no belief in themselves to actually win football matches. The only 3 games we have won since the Arsenal game were all won through individual players doing something amazing on their own, not any shred of excellent team attacking (Neto solo run vs Chelsea, Traore in the cup with a piledriver, Vitinha with a swerver from distance at Chorley).

When you are low on confidence about winning games, you inevitably revert into defensive mindset and the greater focus on not to concede so at least you take a point from the game.

We can only hope that Willian Jose helps to change this very quickly...

Last edited:

North Bank

Reaction score
Manager is the easy one to blame. First in the firing line.

‘he trains the players’ ‘he motivates the players’ etc

Its not FIFA or Football Manager, Nuno doesn’t literally control the players. He can’t control the poor underhit passes or the runs into the wrong areas. They are conscious choices by the players on the pitch.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet when he changed to a back 4 to get an extra forward on he got criticism for being to open and to go back to a back 5

Then he should find a way for us to play 4 at the back like most top coaches do rather than this utter crap we are currently seeing.

superwolves

Reaction score
Nuno has signed this lot so QED he carries the can. Lovely guy but don't think he can sort this. Both WBA and Fulham looked way better than us today. Relegation form sadly. Don't see us getting any points in the next 3 home games. Nuno may well go.
Do you not think our results are gonna improve now with the signing of Willian; podence getting match fit and Johhny marcal getting fit?

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Then he should find a way for us to play 4 at the back like most top coaches do rather than this utter crap we are currently seeing.

I believe he can but the lack of results and focal point caused it to change again

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m a business-owner...

If my team is bloody useless and I go under...

...who’s to blame?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But only one attacking player has been injured . But I agree the balance of the squad is terrible.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you not think our results are gonna improve now with the signing of Willian; podence getting match fit and Johhny marcal getting fit?

With the current tactics and style of play? No.

Back
Top Bottom