Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Why do you hate/dislike a certain club or clubs?

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
St#ke
St#ke
St#ke and....St#ke

Its the absolute #rsehole of humanity, they are the dandruff on this shiny planets head and are 3rd world, graving drinking, foot dragging gimps.....so to make that clear, its St#ke and only St#ke !! :oops:

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Birmingham -

They're the only club I genuinely dislike.

Went to St Andrews in 2000 when their scumbag fans were throwing bricks at the coaches. Can remember hearing them hitting the roof.

We've had more of a recent history with them as well. So much of what made staying up in 2010/11 sweet was that it ****ed them off with it. They've never recovered since. And I like the fact that they haven't been relegated to League 1 and had a chance to rebuild like us, Sunderland, Leeds, Sheff Utd etc were able to. Just having them pathetically linger around mid to lower Championship level is perfect.

Last edited:

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Swindon. I lived near there when they scored a last minute goal around Xmas one year. About 5 lads in my local didn’t shut up about it until Easter.
I was at that match - peed down if IRC. Boxing Day 1998.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Torquay Utd - For ruining the 2nd Sherpa van trophy run we had and stopping us getting a return to Wembley to try and win it twice.. Roger Hansbury had a mare! Always hated them since
I was there for that as well. Wasn't that game 3 days after Hillsborough? I remember the whole feeling was flat around the stadium as if neither the players or the fans actually wanted to be there.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
St#ke
St#ke
St#ke and....St#ke

Its the absolute #rsehole of humanity, they are the dandruff on this shiny planets head and are 3rd world, graving drinking, foot dragging gimps.....so to make that clear, its St#ke and only St#ke !! :oops:
I was at college there in the 70s when they had a tasty team - Hudson, Greenhoff J., Samuels, etc then the roof blew off the stand and it all changed. Horrible, horrible fans tho'...

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always disliked Leeds - horrible stadium and Billy Bremner.

Wildman

Reaction score
I was there for that as well. Wasn't that game 3 days after Hillsborough? I remember the whole feeling was flat around the stadium as if neither the players or the fans actually wanted to be there.
It was indeed, everything just felt off that day on and off the pitch. I was quite young but still remember it vividly.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was at that match - peed down if IRC. Boxing Day 1998.

Yep. We had Keane and Bully up front

Match should have been postponed as football was impossible. Their goal was a last minute lump up to a 7 foot striker.

Few years later we beat them at their place again but only after their centre back maimed Lee Naylor and they equalised directly after. Referee just wave play on.

Horrible club

Last edited:

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always disliked Leeds - horrible stadium and Billy Bremner.
You need to have watched Leeds in the 60s/70s to appreciate how dirty and vile they were. The manager, Don Revie, was equally a cheat as a player (so my Dad reckoned). Bremner and Giles were the worst cheats I have ever seen. Don't feel any different 50 years later.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't carry the word "hate", but there are one or two clubs I havn't a particularly desire for over the decades, namely:

Tottenham Hotspur - UEFA Cup Final + LC semi-Finals

Bolton Wanderers - Burnden Park & Bully

Spurs (again) - a kicking from their Park Lane Boot boys in the 70's

Huddersfield Town & Brighton and Hove Albion as we rarely beat them

Leeds United, 1972 at Molineux, and the aftermath

There must be a few others but those above immediately spring to mind.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. We had Keane and Bully up front

Match should have been postponed as football was impossible. Their goal was a last minute lump up to a 7 foot striker.

Few years later we beat them at their place again but only after their centre back maimed Lee Naylor and they equalised directly after. Referee just wave play on.

Horrible club

Remember the 3-1 win against Swindon the season prior. One of their players almost snapped a young Carl Robinson in half and Bully was sent off for his reaction to the challenge.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Grimsby for a particular game that led us to bottling promotion.
I realise you mean the one where a certain 'combative' RB sold us down the river. I can't hate them for that.

However there was an evening game around the same time at theirs we desperately needed to win to make the playoffs (like most of that period). They were taking great delight in telling us they'd see us again the following season. That soured my view a bit (even though they did have the best chippy in the League)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man Utd because I grew up in the Seventies when all you ever heard was Man Ubleeding nited. Virtually all my mates supported them and I was the only Wolves fan. From memory we never used to beat them so I was constantly tormented. The only club I detest with a passion. There are a few that come close, the Boggies and Brum.

Similar. But not just the seventies. The Eighties, Nineties, it never stopped being a Man Utd love-in. Still hasn't. It's that when we beat them, all the reports are still about *them*, how badly they played. There have been reports on Man U defeats that didn't mention the opponent once.

Though I hate Arsenal more. They were always arrogant. The 1978/79 semi-final defeat to them kick started the hate. Then the hold they had over us for decades. We hardly played them, but it was invariably humilating when we did. Remember a cup match around 2002 with Dave Jones in charge, where Arsenal put their under-21s out against us. We had Rae, Ince, Miller etc, surely we could beat them? No, their under 21s thrashed our Premier League first team 5-1. That spell under George Graham when they won things by playing ultra-cynical didn't endear them to anyone. And then Wengere? Yes, he revolutionised the game in England. But he was also a cynical , at times nasty piece of work, as indeed were much of his team. Yet all got ignored because Arsenal is London City United and (like Man U) we are apparently all supposed to love them second only to our main club. And their fans..don't get me started (what were they on at our match last season? The arrogance was so heavy, you could see it) . Our total demolishment of them under Nuno still remains one of my top 5 favourite matches ever :D

An odd one - I have a hatred of the Dutch international team that everyone else thinks is an irrational hatred, but to me is natural and sensible. Yes, I loved them in the 70's when they played stunning football like we'd never seen - but won nothing. Over time, though, they morphed into a team of cynical cheats, typified by trying to kick box their way to a World Cup in 2012, the diving antics of Robben and a whole stream of cynical thugs. Yet none of this ever gets noticed, they get a free pass because :"Cruyff". That time they knocked (literally) England out of the World Cup was the wake up call for me. They've been playing International Pullis-ball for 25+ years, and hardly anybody noticed. Infuritating that the pundits also have this attitude that the Dutch are somehow the "second team" for the English. That once England are knocked out, all English people innately switch allegiance to the Dutch ahead of Germany, France, Italy whoever. You don't have to read too far between the lines to detect it, when you know it, you see it. I'm always cheering on the opposition against yet another underachieving Dutch team as they try and hack and dive their way to another stolen win in a way that would horrify Cruyff.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bolton is an obvious one for me

Oxford is a slightly irrational one, but hated going to their crappy ground in the 90s with their open terrace, always pouring with rain and we never got a result

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bolton is an obvious one for me

Oxford is a slightly irrational one, but hated going to their crappy ground in the 90s with their open terrace, always pouring with rain and we never got a result

Yes, I'd almost forgotten about both of them. Lets hope they both stay forgettable. Bolton especially, a team that sends the chill down the spine when you see them climbing up the league table. Grimsby are another that I remember from several miserable matches in the 90's and never want to see again. It seemed we always needed a win to get in the promotion picture, they were always at the bottom, yet they always won or snatched a draw.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal:
Largely because I grew up with many Arsenal mates and they’re always quick to give it out when Wolves are ****. I also have attended many games at the Emirates with said mates as I lived in Highbury & Islington in my 20s/30s for a few years (freebie tickets of course) and find the general attitude of their fans very self-entitled.

Not that I’m bitter or anything :tongueclosed:, but they’ve also handed out two of the most gut-wrenching defeats I’ve been in a stadium to witness. Firstly, the 1-0 defeat in extra time in 2010, when Henry was sent off (unfairly, if I recall correctly)… I know how great an ET winner is, but their fans that day were acting like they’d just beaten prime Barca outside the ground.

Then of course last season, I was sat in the home clock end when we lost 2–1 late on. TBF with Lage’s tactics and time wasting we probably got what we deserved, but the comments from some home fans around us about Raul were truly vile.

Liverpool:
“This means more” - **** off does it, you whiny *****.

Birmingham:
I’ve always found Birmingham fans to be worse than WBA, particularly around St Andrews. Scummy area, scummy fans.

Reading:
Hate/ dislike is probably a bit much. But I always found it odd that in their desperation to get a rival (Swindon and Oxford are the closest thing they have) they tried to make it us circa 1995-2006… it always seemed like a cup final for them, whereas for Wolves fans it was a bit “meh”.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me, it's usually fans or players/managers that makes me hate certain teams.

Liverpool is the fans. Arsenal is the managers. West Ham is the fans I know personally. Leeds is the fans. Everton is the club in general actually.

I save my hate/dislike for a few clubs but don't really like anybody other than us.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are plenty of clubs I dislike and am happy to see lose, but it shifts over time and is usually to do with a horrible player or manager, or a recent result. I'll never feel anything but antipathy towards Wigan, Huddersfield, Birmingham, Portsmouth, West Brom, but (even for the latter) it's not hate.

Hate I reserve for Bolton and only Bolton.

That play off tie coincided with an awful time in my life, a terrible break-up, a loss of identity and motivation. Bolton unfairly cost us so many years in the wilderness, and for me they became synonymous with black dog depression.

I'm generally a nice, even-tempered person, but Bolton bring out the very worst in me. I even just muttered "bunch of ****s" under my breath while typing this. Couldn't help it. A few years back when they were in financial trouble, some posters said "Think of the fans, I wouldn't wish that on anyone" and my response was, **** that, Bolton don't count. I would laugh in the face of every Bolton fan if they folded, from weeping five year old in his first replica shirt to a pensioner held up by sticks and string.

Every day that Bolton lose is a good day, and I am willing them to get hammered in the L1 playoffs with every molecule in my body. I ****ing loathe them.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
St#ke
St#ke
St#ke and....St#ke

Thanks for that, I live there !

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You need to have watched Leeds in the 60s/70s to appreciate how dirty and vile they were. The manager, Don Revie, was equally a cheat as a player (so my Dad reckoned). Bremner and Giles were the worst cheats I have ever seen. Don't feel any different 50 years later.
And they wore those stupid things on there socks ...and went about 30 games unbeaten...didn't and don't like them

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool and Man Utd for their glory hunting fans.

Albion for their fans that that take huge pleasure in us losing.

Contrary to popular opinion, I quite liked Arsenal and Leeds, from when I was a lot younger, not bothered now.

Liked Arsenal pipping Lverpool in 89, and the Leeds side of Strachan, Chapman, MacAllister et al.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vile, Leeds & Man Utd their arrogant fan base is enough for me delusional lot can’t stand them

Albion because they hate us more so the equal love is there. Love it when they lose and we win

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t hate any club or any player, life is too short for that.

However, apart from the obvious one, I don’t like Leeds United. If todays fans think Eddie Howe is the master of the dark arts, they should have seen Revie and his players. They used any trick in the book, plus plenty more as well. They even tried to bribe Frank Munro (allegedly).

Though Billy Bremner met his match when he tried his dirty stuff on Dave Mackay. Bremner picked on the wrong person that day.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In particular , all East Midlands clubs and Coventry .
Ipswich , Norwich , Newcastle , Boro.
Bolton Walsall .
To me the above are all nothing clubs ......never liked them never will .
Albion , joke club ......make out their main rivals are us then Villa ......whenever it suits . Tinpot outfit of the highest order .....I couldn't name one of their players , they're irrelevant.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are plenty of clubs I dislike and am happy to see lose, but it shifts over time and is usually to do with a horrible player or manager, or a recent result. I'll never feel anything but antipathy towards Wigan, Huddersfield, Birmingham, Portsmouth, West Brom, but (even for the latter) it's not hate.

Hate I reserve for Bolton and only Bolton.

That play off tie coincided with an awful time in my life, a terrible break-up, a loss of identity and motivation. Bolton unfairly cost us so many years in the wilderness, and for me they became synonymous with black dog depression.

I'm generally a nice, even-tempered person, but Bolton bring out the very worst in me. I even just muttered "bunch of ****s" under my breath while typing this. Couldn't help it. A few years back when they were in financial trouble, some posters said "Think of the fans, I wouldn't wish that on anyone" and my response was, **** that, Bolton don't count. I would laugh in the face of every Bolton fan if they folded, from weeping five year old in his first replica shirt to a pensioner held up by sticks and string.

Every day that Bolton lose is a good day, and I am willing them to get hammered in the L1 playoffs with every molecule in my body. I ****ing loathe them.
The one about Leeds was a reply to you

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t hate any club or any player, life is too short for that.

However, apart from the obvious one, I don’t like Leeds United. If todays fans think Eddie Howe is the master of the dark arts, they should have seen Revie and his players. They used any trick in the book, plus plenty more as well. They even tried to bribe Frank Munro (allegedly).

Though Billy Bremner met his match when he tried his dirty stuff on Dave Mackay. Bremner picked on the wrong person that day.
Oh I do hate Leeds

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's Blues over Albion for me. Growing up in a Brummie new town estate (Winyates in Redditch) it was 50/50 Blues/Villa with a sprinkling of weirdo **** fans. The Blues lot were way worse than the others. They're like our scrappy younger brother, but it's always interesting when we go there.

Outside the area it's: Leicester, Pompey, Stoke, Utd, Liverpool and West Ham. Leicester because they have a difficult to fathom superiority complex ('champions of England, you'll never sing that' hahaha - tin pot ground, fans, history) and West Ham because living in Essex for 5 years I was constantly meeting dick heads who thought they were in the ICF and could have you by looking at you - absolute melts to use one of their own **** words. I live in Sheffield now and to be honest don't have a problem with any of the South Yorkshire clubs, they're all pretty proper.

I've no strong feelings about Forest, Villa or Leeds either to be honest. Big-ish clubs, decent fan bases, and better to be playing them than the likes of Bournemouth or Fulham. See also: Brentford, Southampton, Norwich (I lived in Norwich and Yarmouth, even they know they're crap).

SeaWolf

Reaction score
Blackpool
Notts County
Bolton Wanderers
Newcastle United
Blackburn Rovers
West Ham United
Sunderland
Crystal Palace
Everton
West Bromwich Albion
Leeds United

...... all managed by Sam Allardyce.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blackpool
Notts County
Bolton Wanderers
Newcastle United
Blackburn Rovers
West Ham United
Sunderland
Crystal Palace
Everton
West Bromwich Albion
Leeds United

...... all managed by Sam Allardyce.
Didn't really mind him (and I love Warnock, the **** house) until he claimed he wasn't a Wolves fan when it suited. You ain't getting your £2m Sam, you're adding another club to your relegated column.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The answer is it’s the fans that feed the dislike.

Which is why I absolutely detest Albion and Man U in equal measures.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barcelona and Real Madrid.

those two clubs have the most bandwagon fans in the entire world.

Don't get me started on the Argentine national club, either.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I don't hate or even dislike any other team.
Simply put I have total love for just one club...
COYW!!! :)

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Hate isn't good for me.

Local rivals that dine out on results against us from sometime in the stone ages whilst they languish in a lower league are a bit irritating, though.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Albion all day. The Billy Wright songs, the “league one ay ya” banner, the 5-1 harping, “slap a dingle”. ****ing inbreds.

After them Blues and Stoke (met some clay heads in magaluf in late 90s ****s).

Also love Manchester United losing. I know quite a few born and bred in Wolverhampton.

Outside of that not really *****.

SellyWolf

Reaction score
I don’t have particularly massive hatred for any clubs based on geography because I grew up in the South West with Plymouth Argyle as my nearest team. Any dislikes I’ve picked up are purely from how I’ve perceived their fans over the years in various interactions (some at Wolves games and some otherwise).

Arsenal - see Arsenal TV for details.

Birmingham - just a horrible away day experience every time.

Spurs - no reason. Just don’t like to see them do well. Maybe it’s a North London thing.

Bristol City - bar one 4-1 victory had some shockers there over the years (I wasn’t there for the 2-1 Bennett moment). Bristol Rovers is the proper team in Bristol for me.

Odd soft spots - Exeter City and Portsmouth (fan ownership) and Rochdale (archetypal lower league stalwart).

Wellington Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Stoke. Got nutted in the face by some low life for zero reason. We’d lost 3-0.
I went to the Victoria Ground to see us play and remember a fan being nutted for no reason on the way back. Odd place Stoke. Port Vale fans were awful too.

Dippers for me

Wellington Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Now that was a game that set me up for a life of disappointment. We were on holiday for the Sherpa Van win year before. And my old man promised that when we beat Torquay then we could go that year. Its that old bloke in goal for Torquay that sticks in my memory that day.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Leeds are an annoying club with an unjustified sense of self importance fed by the media. They've won less than us and most of what they have won was done by cheating. They also have this false rivalry with Man Utd to try and make it seem like they're relevant.

The company I work for has an office in Leeds and I was on a call with one of their STH's only last week. He said to me with a straight face that "no club has ever suffered a decline like Leeds and only a club like them could bounce back from such adversity".. I didn't know where to start with that one and I think that sums up a large proportion of their exaggerated fan base.

Back
Top Bottom