Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Why do you hate/dislike a certain club or clubs?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have found it interesting that in the Relegation thread many posters want a certain club or clubs to go down. Personally I don't have a preference. But it got me thinking as to why people hate/dislike certain clubs; for me I hate Man U simply because over the years where ever you go (London, Yorkshire, Cornwall) you see young kids walking around in Utd shirts and you can bet your bottom dollar they've never ever been to Manchester. For some reason it did and still does **** me off. I notice Rhos mentions Leeds and Everton due to 'personal experiences attending games' - a pretty good reason for disliking clubs imo, esp if you've had a bad time there. Anyone on here want to tell the reasons why they hate/dislike a certain club?

paxrax

Groupie
Reaction score
leeds- coz my mate supports them

everton - coz my nephew supports them

forest - they lost to man u in the first game of the season donkeys years ago after going 1-0 up when i was in rhodes on a ****fest and we were the nominated forest fans for the day

southampton - sent my watch to someone who lived there once and it came back still not working

thats the bottom 4 sorted, feel free to ask me for any more random reasons and grudges ;)

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City - cheats

Arsenal - they bost Raul

Newcastle - too much money, I hate them more for what they’ll become

United - the worst, most entitled fans in history, and Bruno Fernandes

Liverpool - whiny victims

Spurs - dirty, rotational fouling, bottling *******s

Villa - think they’re bigger than they are because they won a European Cup a very long time ago

Brighton - tiny club, annoyingly good

Brentford - cynical time-wasters

Fulham - Mitrovic

Palace - Armstrong and Zaha

Chelsea - boring to watch, even when they were good. Also more racists than most :tearsofjoy:

Bournemouth - Tiny, nothing club

West Ham - Dildo brothers and Brady

Leicester - Steptoe

Leeds - Dirty, dirty, dirty club

Forest - Awful fans, proven this season

Everton - Entitled. Think they’re huge when they are terrible

Southampton - pointless

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Man Utd because I grew up in the Seventies when all you ever heard was Man Ubleeding nited. Virtually all my mates supported them and I was the only Wolves fan. From memory we never used to beat them so I was constantly tormented. The only club I detest with a passion. There are a few that come close, the Boggies and Brum.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t hate them, but i really want Everton to go down because they spent so much money they didn’t have and lied about it - they were clearly over ffp by a mile, but just carried on as if everything was fine. ****ed me off. Plus they’re a traditional top half club, good to have one of those go down.

I dislike Liverpool because they’re another “we’re a legendary club” bunch of fans, with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Then there’s any team managed by Eddie Howe, the gamesmanship ****er.

There’s probably more, but they’re the top 3!

dgm6769

Reaction score
Man u for being media darlings who can't seem do nowt wrong.
West Ham mainly because of their fans causing a fat git like me to do a Usain Bolt impression at Leyton Orient while having anything and everything thrown at us when they showed up at orient.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City - cheats

Arsenal - they bost Raul

Villa - think they’re bigger than they are because they won a European Cup a very long time ago

Fulham - Mitrovic

Chelsea - boring to watch, even when they were good. Also more racists than most :tearsofjoy:

Leicester - Steptoe

Southampton - pointless
Fully agree

Add to the list

Tesco for obvious reason

Blues for obvious reason

Walsall for obvious reason & Lindsey

Bolton - John Mac for play offs

Reading - got crushed when scoring an Elm Park on the terraces.

Wrexham - they hate us English

Wigan - tin pot club

S****horpe - for not selling us Billy Sharpe cost me about £40 in calling team talk premium line number to keep checking

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Man City - cheats

United - Bruno Fernandes

Chelsea - Also more racists than most :tearsofjoy:

agree with all that.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City - cheats

Arsenal - they bost Raul

Fulham - Mitrovic

Leicester - Steptoe

Southampton - pointless
I agree with all of your hatred points. And if you total them all up and multiply by a million you get my dislike for the s h1t

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea……really dislike them even more than C&W ‘music’……and that’s saying something. :)

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Swindon. I lived near there when they scored a last minute goal around Xmas one year. About 5 lads in my local didn’t shut up about it until Easter.

12 months later, we beat them at their dump and I couldn’t find any of these people. When I cornered one, he claimed that he supported Celtic.
Another actually dived down an alleyway to avoid seeing me.
The others must have avoided the village for life.

If you can’t take it, don’t dish it out.

Other than that lot, my dislike is for the usual suspects plus Forest and Wrexham

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa - delusions of grandeur, arrogant fans

Forest - Morgan Gob ****e, annoying fans

Utd - glory hunting fans who couldn’t locate Salford with an atlas

Leeds - fight after the cup QF when they missed the pen

Spurs - Harry cheating **** face Kane

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like S****horpe,
Why?
Because I can call someone a S****horpe and every one knows exactly what I'm saying. :p

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Northampton Town for ending our winning run in 1986, even getting a draw in the reverse fixture, & then beating us again the following title-winning season...and selling us Phil Chard. Tony Adcock was one of those forwards who always seemed to have a good game against us around that time, like Tony Naylor & Craig Hignett.

Also putting us out of the League Cup in 2014-Ivan Toney scored one of the goals against us & then had the cheek to fail a medical when we tried to sign him that season.

Last edited:

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. Never thought I'd read a thread like this without the word Bolton in it. Hope they don't go up this season again. Karma is visiting them these last few seasons.

Maybe the slap we gave them on our way up quietened some demons for some.

Edit: can't really say that without enjoying said slap again:

Last edited:

Teddy Ruxpin

Groupie
Reaction score
S****horpe - for not selling us Billy Sharpe cost me about £40 in calling team talk premium line number to keep checking
What! Were you a slow adapter or something, the internet and forums were well established by this time, didn't even know it was still going then.

Anyway back on subject, whilst I don't really hate any team, there's a fair few reasons why I don't like a fair few and indulge in a pantomime 'hatred' of them

Forest - work with a few over that way and the ones really, really annoying. Not in a football way just a work way

Lids - I mean they're Leeds the fans are generally annoying and overstate their importance.

Everton - the macabre side of me wants other fans to suffer like we have, time to taste relegation and life after Premier League

Arsenal - I've never met one who isn't deluded, also 90% of the ones I've met aren't from anywhere near there, also that team in the late 80s early 90s was proper awful value for money for the neutral.

Liverpool - the fans, always the fans.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm not much of a hater of other clubs but Leeds obviously, horrible fans and a history clouded by dodgy dealings.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. Never thought I'd read a thread like this without the word Bolton in it. Hope they don't go up this season again. Karma is visiting them these last few seasons.

Maybe the slap we gave them on our way up quietened some demons for some.

Edit: can't really say that without enjoying said slap again:
Coady to Afobe-great pass. What a disappointing career Afobe ended up having-such a waste.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aldershot - 86/87 play off final and a match in a park.
Crystal Palace - horrible place to get to and a weird set of fans who seem to be the media’s darlings with their ‘atmosphere’
Carlisle - should be playing in Scottish league as it’s too far to go for a normal fan - I live in the North and it’s still 2.5 hours from me. Also means they take up an away allocation that could be used for home fans when they bring 100 travelling supporters.
Bolton - obvious reasons

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bolton - John McGinley
Villa - there fans actually think they are massive, we all have banter but they actually think it.... ****s
Albion - obvious reasons
Stafford Rangers - odd one I know but a strange bunch

R

reanswolf

Apart from Albion for local reasons ( add in Walsall and Shrewsbury a bit) , I don’t like the scummy element of Blooze.

But the only club I detest, or more importantly their supporters from afar is Man Utd. There are anchors in every town and it weeds them out to Manure. Liverpool to a lesser degree.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa - won a bunch of trophies in the reign of Queen Victoria when there were only 12 clubs, did nothing for 50-60 years after that, were a 3rd division club in the early 70's while we were a top end Division 1 club and regularly in Europe. Fluked a League title in 1981 when Liverpool had a massive down year. Scraped through to win the European Cup (but fair play for doing it) and then nothing since John Major was Prime Minister. But they bang on all the time about how they've always been the biggest club in the Midlands and are on a par with Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc...

iamthenewno2

Reaction score
Gillingham - The fact they think they are a big club (in a Kentish sea pond of minnows), the ex-owner and that away stand, how is it temporary if it has been there for decades? Fondly remember us destroying them at their place in the early 00s.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City - cheats

Arsenal - they bost Raul

Fulham - Mitrovic

Leicester - Steptoe

Southampton - pointless

That’s a good list to be getting on with, and I can’t disagree with any of it. I’ll add my personal angle..

Everton, Liverpool and Man Utd - all clubs that everyone else liked in my school in the Wirral when I was small. Everton the worst, since they have no reason to be so arrogant except for not being relegated in 70+ years! Liverpool pushing my hatred button in recent years with their relentless victim mentality despite near constant favourable VAR decisions!

Brighton - bad experience of a poor Wolves defeat at the Goldstone when I was a boy, and then ribbing at school (now in Scotland) from a Brighton fan.

Forest - MGW and Cooper’s insufferable mugs every time they win, and their dirty tricks.

One club came off my hatred list though…

Aldershot - yes I was there for that depressing second leg at Molineux. But many years later, they gave my daughter a couple of summers of interning while she was at Uni, which ultimately helped her secure her first steps to becoming a football physio. She said they have a display in their ground of that victory against Wolves, and it’s their biggest success, which is quite sweet really!

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
Aside from the obvious in order: WBA, Blues, Villa, Utd (fans general entitlement), 'Pool (fans), **** (fans)

West Ham - They think they are massive, only finished in the top 6 about 3 times in there history..!!!

Bolton - mid 90s

Leicester - A similar club to ours have won so much over the last 20 or so years...jeez

Spurs - UEFA cup

Southampton/Palace - Inert

Celtic - I'm Ex-military so say no more...

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
wba,geographical being born and bred in Coseley mainly all Wolves but a few annoying **** fans.
bolton,that git mcginlay,enough said.there are a few others but nowhere near the dislike of these two tinpot outfits.

Last edited:

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What! Were you a slow adapter or something, the internet and forums were well established by this time, didn't even know it was still going then.

Anyway back on subject, whilst I don't really hate any team, there's a fair few reasons why I don't like a fair few and indulge in a pantomime 'hatred' of them

Forest - work with a few over that way and the ones really, really annoying. Not in a football way just a work way

Lids - I mean they're Leeds the fans are generally annoying and overstate their importance.

Everton - the macabre side of me wants other fans to suffer like we have, time to taste relegation and life after Premier League

Arsenal - I've never met one who isn't deluded, also 90% of the ones I've met aren't from anywhere near there, also that team in the late 80s early 90s was proper awful value for money for the neutral.

Liverpool - the fans, always the fans.
I used to have a slow adapter. Took forever to charge my iPhone. Well if you will buy from Poundland...

Wildman

Reaction score
Torquay Utd - For ruining the 2nd Sherpa van trophy run we had and stopping us getting a return to Wembley to try and win it twice.. Roger Hansbury had a mare! Always hated them since

WBA - Obvious

Liverpool - Every man and his dog was force feeding them as the team to support when I was a kid (John Barnes, Ian Rush era), my school was full of Pool fans. Glory hunters the lot of em, if they had been born 30 years later they would have been city fans,

Bolton - John McGinlay!

Villa - Worked in Brum for 20 years, surrounded by the fans, most a bunch of turds

Blues - Went with a gf to watch wolves v blues at st andrews, when walking by the stadium bunch of their fans just ran over and started spitting at us for no reason, was a harrowing situation especially for her.

Honourable mentions - Man Utd (glory hunters) Swindon Town (no idea why!) Coventry (I didn't mind them but they HATE us for some reason so on the list)

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bolton only Bolton................

OK, and Leeds, Forest, so bad they both had songs sung by all clubs saying how much they hated them.......and Arsenal, Man Utd, Villa, Albion, Bristol City....Liverpool

Back
Top Bottom