Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Why do you dislike (hate) the teams you do?

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our local Albion and Villa rivalry does not always translate into a real deep seated hatred of them.

I wondered which teams you really hate with a passion and why that is.

I will start us off

Birmingham City. About 35 years ago I worked with a real ahole blues fan and he was merciless in the stick he dished out at the time we were at our lowest point. For years he gave me stick and I hate blues with a passion as a result.

Bolton. I don't think I have to explain.

R

reanswolf

I hate Manure but only because of glory-hunters in every town, and because of the disproportionate amount of press they always get.
Albion only because they are our local rival, but no other reason, though those singing ""Billy Wright is dead" can rot in hell.
Anyone else who hates us - stoke, Walsall, blues. But if anyone from any club wants to chat football I don't hate them.
I really don't hate Bolton (its too long ago) though I will always hate McGinley.
Think I'm just mellowing with age.

W

we8wba

Wba - because our rivals
Birmingham - I hate the most due to awful away visit each time, ******** fans, OTT exgarrations when took over - just vile tin pot club
Bolton - John mcginlay

Now rest more teams I dislike than use word hate
Villa - for being villa
Palace - ginger ***** broke my heart
Walsall - I used to like until L1 year then just become the young bro who’s voice had broken for a week
Stoke - another ****ty place like blues
Coventry - just never got result there
Sheff Utd - we always seeemed to get one up on them when it matters (so sure dislike us more) but was always fierce place to go and dislike started with that Marcelo handball

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
WBA/Villa/Blues: No explanation required

Bolton: Fat **** mcginlay
Palace: PlayOffs & FA cup bumming
Stoke: Dirty gob****es
Cardiff: multiple Welsh reasons
Leicester: Steve Walsh

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Wigan. Happily see them close down. Was never keen on them and their plucky press, then Whelan and his bs happened.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wba - because our rivals
Birmingham - I hate the most due to awful away visit each time, ******** fans, OTT exgarrations when took over - just vile tin pot club
Bolton - John mcginlay

Now rest more teams I dislike than use word hate
Villa - for being villa
Palace - ginger ***** broke my heart
Walsall - I used to like until L1 year then just become the young bro who’s voice had broken for a week
Stoke - another ****ty place like blues
Coventry - just never got result there
Sheff Utd - we always seeemed to get one up on them when it matters (so sure dislike us more) but was always fierce place to go and dislike started with that Marcelo handball
You forgot Wolves

M

Mr Wolf

Growing up I used to hate Everton, Spurs & Villa. They were just nothing clubs who never went down or challenged for titles, they just seemed to spend my teenage years in the Premier League not doing anything.

Everton haven’t really changed barring the odd season.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bin dippers. Growing up in the 70s/80s their plastic glory hunting fans were everywhere and the press never shut the **** up about them. Support a local team not who’s top of the league.

D

Deleted member 4382

I hate Manure but only because of glory-hunters in every town, and because of the disproportionate amount of press they always get.
Albion only because they are our local rival, but no other reason, though those singing ""Billy Wright is dead" can rot in hell.
Anyone else who hates us - stoke, Walsall, blues. But if anyone from any club wants to chat football I don't hate them.
I really don't hate Bolton (its too long ago) though I will always hate McGinley.
Think I'm just mellowing with age.
Hi mate, there is a set of Man U fans far far worse than the out of town plastics... the Mancunian plastics.

They brag, boast, puff their chest out. They ridicule, poke fun, and mock.

Ask if they ever get to Old Trafford, and they have the same generic answer “can’t get tickets mate”.
Bull****, you can’t get tickets. I get offered them all the time.

So, my red scum friend, are you a member to put you in a better position to get tickets? No. Do you have some sort of supporter number to try and get tickets? No.
Early euro rounds and League cup are an absolute piece of **** to buy direct from the club.
Tickets from “someone at work/ a mate down the pub” come up all the time up here.

So we have a breed of fan, who doesn’t have the level of commitment to travel only a few miles once a season that thinks it is fine to have a go at the ones that travel 170 mile round trip (as it is in my case) week in week out to support their team. And the lower the opposition, the worse the digs are. I had this in the 80’s when I was at school. My lad has had it since league one too. And they dont mellow with age.

This is the reason I hate Man U with venom.

Scum.

Others I hate (other than the Albion etc).

Bolton (since before that fat ****). Fans are inbred ****ers with ideas of grandeur. I will party for a month if they go bust. I might even do a vlog.

Liverpool, butvthis is more a regional thing plus the victim/ never at fault attitude.

The rest of the teams I just dislike a lot.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate the stripey baggie boilers with a passion.All the others are a non entity.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think I'm a bit weird, don't really hate any teams/players/mansgers (well except Colin W). Just concentrate on Wolves....just don't care about anybody else. I do like to see my local little teams do well though, Shrewsbury, Telford and Walsall.......I'll just put my tin hat on and hide under the table

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WBA/Villa/Blues: No explanation required

Bolton: Fat **** mcginlay
Palace: PlayOffs & FA cup bumming
Stoke: Dirty gob****es
Cardiff: multiple Welsh reasons
Leicester: Steve Walsh
Actually l loved the Steve Walsh/Bully battles. I think the fact that they normally left the field talking to each other showed a level of mutual respect.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi mate, there is a set of Man U fans far far worse than the out of town plastics... the Mancunian plastics.

They brag, boast, puff their chest out. They ridicule, poke fun, and mock.

Ask if they ever get to Old Trafford, and they have the same generic answer “can’t get tickets mate”.
Bull****, you can’t get tickets. I get offered them all the time.

So, my red scum friend, are you a member to put you in a better position to get tickets? No. Do you have some sort of supporter number to try and get tickets? No.
Early euro rounds and League cup are an absolute piece of **** to buy direct from the club.
Tickets from “someone at work/ a mate down the pub” come up all the time up here.

So we have a breed of fan, who doesn’t have the level of commitment to travel only a few miles once a season that thinks it is fine to have a go at the ones that travel 170 mile round trip (as it is in my case) week in week out to support their team. And the lower the opposition, the worse the digs are. I had this in the 80’s when I was at school. My lad has had it since league one too. And they dont mellow with age.

This is the reason I hate Man U with venom.

Scum.

Others I hate (other than the Albion etc).

Bolton (since before that fat ****). Fans are inbred ****ers with ideas of grandeur. I will party for a month if they go bust. I might even do a vlog.

Liverpool, butvthis is more a regional thing plus the victim/ never at fault attitude.

The rest of the teams I just dislike a lot.
I've come across similar Arsenal/Spuds/Chavski plastics in London.

Re Bolton, that 'one and only Wanderers song' boiled my pee the first time l heard it.... **** them

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bin dippers. Growing up in the 70s/80s their plastic glory hunting fans were everywhere and the press never shut the **** up about them. Support a local team not who’s top of the league.
Leeds in the late 60/early-mid 70s was the same..

cowshed

Reaction score
Man U, from the 50's, all you read in the Papers was about "The Busby Babes" They got all of the credit while Wolves very rarely got a mention. My best friend at school decided to become a Man U fan, never spoke to him again.

Leeds because of all of their supporters who think they have a God given right to be in the Champions League, being a Publican I meet all sorts but I must admit that the plastic Man U fans do not know a lot about football and have jumped on the band wagon. As for Leeds fans, about 1 in 10 you can almost talk to, the others just like the sound of their own voice and its always a one way conversation

Liverpool are fast becoming another team, who to be honest I admired in the 70's and 80's but sine King Kenny returned they have gone down the shoot as far as I am concerned

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me it’s the fans. All about the fans.

Albion because they ALL appear to be the same, snidey type and they really hate the Wolves.

Man U because of the constant egomaniac world they all live in where only they exist. The bandwagon jumpers and the way they refer to the club as ‘we’ even though they’ve never been to a game. ****ers.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The **** as their fans always come out with some sort of bull ****, every time growing up in the 90s we had a good player, be it Bull, Keane, Richards, they had some other ****e comparisons.
They do it with everything, saying their ground is better, academy etc
It’s not just localised to one fan either, deluded lot.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't hate any other teams, although I'll admit there's one or two I'm not keen on :D

D

Deleted member 4453

Arsenal, Villa, Bournemouth.

Although after playing Bournemouth in December I feel something has been settled and I can't say I'm as irked by them anymore.

Villa are deluded and have no real reason to be. Wow, look at your nearly 40 year old Euro Trophy. Probably compiled now by the FFP saga last year. I can't say I would've been fussed about Tammy coming here but would've been nice to **** up their plans, all while he sat on the bench. Whenever I hear their fans speak my blood boils. The club acting in the same way lately too.

Arsenal is more down to their fans. Their are 91 other clubs in the Top 4 league's and they think they have a right to everything. If something doesn't go their way, toys out the pram (see Wenger saga). As for the players, I always tend to notice they take playacting to the next level. I can enjoy the other big clubs to some extent. Chelsea, City, Spurs, Liverpool, even United but Arsenal infuriate me. Oh, and they refer to themselves as 'The Arsenal', that also drives me up the wall!

I do hate the Albion but probably just because their our main rival. There's no other real reason for it. Certainly hate Villa more. Feel the same way about Walsall as I do Bournemouth too, don't really mind them anymore.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal, Villa, Bournemouth.

Although after playing Bournemouth in December I feel something has been settled and I can't say I'm as irked by them anymore.

Villa are deluded and have no real reason to be. Wow, look at your nearly 40 year old Euro Trophy. Probably compiled now by the FFP saga last year. I can't say I would've been fussed about Tammy coming here but would've been nice to **** up their plans, all while he sat on the bench. Whenever I hear their fans speak my blood boils. The club acting in the same way lately too.

Arsenal is more down to their fans. Their are 91 other clubs in the Top 4 league's and they think they have a right to everything. If something doesn't go their way, toys out the pram (see Wenger saga). As for the players, I always tend to notice they take playacting to the next level. I can enjoy the other big clubs to some extent. Chelsea, City, Spurs, Liverpool, even United but Arsenal infuriate me. Oh, and they refer to themselves as 'The Arsenal', that also drives me up the wall!

I do hate the Albion but probably just because their our main rival. There's no other real reason for it. Certainly hate Villa more. Feel the same way about Walsall as I do Bournemouth too, don't really mind them anymore.
Living in Islington and knowing a fair few gooners l can comment on this. Most of them are decent but a few are the sort of bigtime entitled clowns you mention. 'The Arsenal' goes back to their earliest days. They were founded as a work team at Woolwich Arsenal so 'The Arsenal' was literally a physical place. They have carried on using the term ever since.
Incidentally l have heard a fair few Wolves fans refer to us as 'The Wolves'.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4453

Living in Islington and knowing a fair few gooners l can comment on this. Most of them are decent but a few are the sort of bigtime entitled clowns you mention. 'The Arsenal' goes back to their earliest days. They were founded as a work team at Woolwich Arsenal so 'The Arsenal' was literally a physical place. They have carried in using the term ever since.
Incidentally l have heard a fair few Wolves fans refer to us as 'The Wolves'.

Ahhh, interesting that. It always comes across very arrogant when I've heard it said, so perhaps why it riles me. Learn something new everyday though.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ahhh, interesting that. It always comes across very arrogant when I've heard it said, so perhaps why it riles me. Learn something new everyday though.
Welcome. That's where they get their gunners nickname and cannon in the badge from too.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To add to the plastic Man Utd stories.

I went in a bar in Windsor Ontario a few years back, there is a guy in there in a Man U bench coat hears my accent comes up for the usual “where you from, who do you support etc...” he had a Northern Irish accent.
Me: Wolves mate.
Him: arrr Derek Dougan, the big rough and ready centre half.
Me: no mate, the Dougan who played for us and YOUR national team was a forward.
Him: arrr anyway, tonight we are having a meeting to plan the inaugural first match in this bar of the official MU supporters Club Windsor chapter ( by this time there is about 15 red ****ers in the bar) we play City the blue **** this coming Saturday. Utd, Utd, Utd, blah blah blah...

So, I go to take a pee and above all of the urinals is a poster advertising the upcoming weekend event.
I go back in the bar.
I enquire who made the posters in the ****er. The Chairman proud as punch owns up that it was him.
Me: Well you might want to know that the 2 players on your poster John O’Shea and Wes Brown don’t play for MU they play for Sunderland..... ta-ra.

That weekend City beat them something like 5-0, I would have loved to have been in that bar.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Chelsea fans are the most bigoted and arrogant fans I have come across.

S

ShropshireLad

Birmingham City. About 35 years ago I worked with a real ahole blues fan and he was merciless in the stick he dished out at the time we were at our lowest point. For years he gave me stick and I hate blues with a passion as a result.

Bolton. I don't think I have to explain.
Ditto Bolton.

As for Wet Spam, Arsenal and Chelsea, much the same reason as you...knowing idiot fans of theirs. Palace because of the pivotal loss 1-2 at home under Lollbacon when our new Pole was crocked and never to be right again...along with knowing a few up their **** fans.

I don't think I have to explain Man U...and Liverpool since Benitez's tenure.

Oh, and Villa because of idiot fans and the recent shenanigans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So basically every club has a lot of deluded fans who talk *******s, think they have a God-given right to success and if you come across more than the odd one of them it’s justification to hate thee team they support. If you come across more such fans who support Liverpool you hate them more than Man Utd and vice versa.

Personally living in Stafford and supporting Wolves I have a duty to dislike Stoke. As I grew up in the ‘70s I don’t like Leeds and Liverpool as they were the teams with most glory hunters whilst at school.

Nowadays I find that the manager of a club determines my view of a team now. It’s hard not to want teams managed by miserable ****s like Mourinho, Hughes and Moyes to lose!

S

Shifnal Wolf

Birmingham (Not bothered by any other Midlands club tbh).

Leeds - For being run all over the place by their fans after we beat them in the FA Cup @ their place.

Celtic & Rangers - Can’t understand the fuss/noise about them, well supported clubs playing conference standard football.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To add to the plastic Man Utd stories.

I went in a bar in Windsor Ontario a few years back, there is a guy in there in a Man U bench coat hears my accent comes up for the usual “where you from, who do you support etc...” he had a Northern Irish accent.
Me: Wolves mate.
Him: arrr Derek Dougan, the big rough and ready centre half.
Me: no mate, the Dougan who played for us and YOUR national team was a forward.
Him: arrr anyway, tonight we are having a meeting to plan the inaugural first match in this bar of the official MU supporters Club Windsor chapter ( by this time there is about 15 red ****ers in the bar) we play City the blue **** this coming Saturday. Utd, Utd, Utd, blah blah blah...

So, I go to take a pee and above all of the urinals is a poster advertising the upcoming weekend event.
I go back in the bar.
I enquire who made the posters in the ****er. The Chairman proud as punch owns up that it was him.
Me: Well you might want to know that the 2 players on your poster John O’Shea and Wes Brown don’t play for MU they play for Sunderland..... ta-ra.

That weekend City beat them something like 5-0, I would have loved to have been in that bar.
I’m quite impressed he’d even heard of the Doog !

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from the obvious dislike for WBA, there are these I dont like (hate is too strong a word):

Man Utd - Visited Old Trafford a few years back. The tour guide asked each of us which team we supported, and laughed arrogantly when I said "Wolves". Also, during the 90's all my mates here supported Man Utd and had a lot of fun at my expense for supporting Wolves

Liverpool - The "darling team" of Danish television. Constantly on Match of the day in the 80's, constantly chosen as "match of the day" for our Champions League coverage here, even when facing inferior opposition, Constant s***t about The Kop, the special atmoshere, etc. Even last time when we played Spurs, they spend half the preview talking about Liverpool...

Villa - Didnt mind them too much, until last season, Terry, Bruce, Xia and them obviously thinking they're bigger than anyone else in The Championship.

MK Dons - Stole a club. Nothing more needs to be said.

I used to dislike Bolton (playoffs and McGinlay), but now I feel pity for them more. Same with Birmingham, who will probably go bust sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom