Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Why defend a lead!!!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since we lost the semi to Watford, the tactic of bringing on a defender for a forward or midfielder has never worked.
Why does Nuno continue to be negative when we are a goal up?

agggghhhh
I dunno, but he needs a slap for it.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will never learn. He is too defensive and it is costing us and it will cost him his job

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NEGATIVE unfortunately should be his middle name, I wouldn't mind if it worked but it rarely does. Anyway after his little dig at the owners with 2 goalkeepers on the bench he might not be here much longer.
The Chinese don't take dissent lightly.

I await the "In Nuno we trust" posts.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That stat that we have only lost 2 points this season from a winning position doesn’t support your case, that we shouldn’t defend leads. But I agree we should attack more.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NEGATIVE unfortunately should be his middle name, I wouldn't mind if it worked but it rarely does. Anyway after his little dig at the owners with 2 goalkeepers on the bench he might not be here much longer.
The Chinese don't take dissent lightly.

I await the "In Nuno we trust" posts.
That's the worse conspiracy theory I've ever read

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many times are we doing to snatch draws/losses from the jaws of victory?

Watford, Sheffield United, Burnley, Arsenal, Brighton. I'm forgetting loads.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For someone who bangs the "learn" and "improve" drum in nearly every post match interview... it's clear this doesn't apply to Nuno.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should the title not be Why didnt we defend the lead. It wasn't a trying to defend the lead approach that cost us today just poor defending and overall a really poor second half. The changes maybe had more of an affect on us not offering much going forward to get back in front but with any half way decent performance from us and we easily defend the 2 goal lead

Last edited:

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wasn't the approach that cost us. It was mistakes. They went to a back 4 and that gave them an extra man in midfield which made a lot of difference. Once we went to a back 3 we came back into the game a lot more (notwithstanding they equalised from a set piece) and they rarely threatened to score a fourth. Desperately need a presence upfront for our next match as Silva is nowhere near ready.

D

Deleted member 8123

Our set pieces, both defending and attacking , are embarrassing.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I don’t really think he had any other options tonight. Needed to get some height on the pitch given how susceptible we were looking from set-pieces.

Only other change he could have made was Otasowie for Moutinho or Corbeanu for Silva. Neither of which I would say would be attacking changes.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No nothing, but I do know that the Chinese are a very proud nation and don't take being embarrassed lightly.
What are you blathering on about? Yeah I bet they're fuming he put a second goalkeeper on a bench of 9 for some experience, terribly embarrassing that is

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are you blathering on about? Yeah I bet they're fuming he put a second goalkeeper on a bench of 9 for some experience, terribly embarrassing that is
You must be joking if you think putting 2 goalkeepers on the bench wasn't a subtle dig. If you wanted any player to get experience wouldn't it have been one that could possibly come on and get some.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno did nothing wrong tonight.

It's nothing to do with the system that Moutinho has a brainless moment and puts us under pressure. Likewise, the set-piece has nothing to do with it.

We simply don't have a good enough squad, which brings us back to the summer window.

If you want to blame anyone for TONIGHT, it's Moutinho.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
You must be joking if you think putting 2 goalkeepers on the bench wasn't a subtle dig. If you wanted any player to get experience wouldn't it have been one that could possibly come on and get some.
With the injuries we have, anyone who was the 9th pick sub really wasn’t going to come on...
on the other hand, the third choice keeper may be involved in the FA Cup.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the point, he has a bench full of players who won't come on so it matters not a jot who makes the numbers up. If you honestly think that was Nuno trying to prove a point, you're a million miles off

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the point, he has a bench full of players who won't come on so it matters not a jot who makes the numbers up. If you honestly think that was Nuno trying to prove a point, you're a million miles off

He could have had Shabani on there and puts another G/K on? Weird decision.

stevev53

Reaction score
We didn't go defensive our most experienced player made a crap attempt at a tackle . We have a problem concentrating . We needed to see out the first 15 mins and we would have won !!

Sirstancullis

Reaction score
Since we lost the semi to Watford, the tactic of bringing on a defender for a forward or midfielder has never worked.

agggghhhh

There was also Norwich at home in our promotion season and Cardiff away when we just about hung on with those 2 missed penalties!!!!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

agggghhhh
This is results oriented thinking.

It has worked far more often than it hasn't. I.e. it's worked in practically all of our wins, whilst it's failed to work in just a handful of games.

Back
Top Bottom