Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who's going Stoke away then?

B

Big George

I'm going, got a feeling not many will be going tho...

Bet Wolves are kicking themselves by taking the full allocation.

D

Dewsburywolf

Nope, working Saturday morning then watching game at a mate's (curry & beer) then back into work all day Easter Sunday. $$$$ing stupid KO time due to ESPN

J

Jungleee

Nope, working Saturday morning then watching game at a mate's (curry & beer) then back into work all day Easter Sunday. $$$$ing stupid KO time due to ESPN

IMO 17:30 is a brilliant kick off time for a Saturday!

D

Dewsburywolf

IMO 17:30 is a brilliant kick off time for a Saturday!

If you live within an hour of the ground (actually I just about fall into that category :embarassed:) it is & you've got mates who also want to go. A bit gutted to be fair as there's usually a group of us who stay over at the Holiday Inn by the ground but what with our poor form & general apathy settled in ....................................................

B

Bostin

Been doing some work in Longton recently, lovely area :rolleyes: It was gorgeous sunshine every time I left Wolves, and freezing cold every time I got to Stoke.

I think I'll stay in the warm after our 'performance' there last year! Watching Stoke winds me up anyway

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be there with my brother-in-law, unfortunately sitting amongst the red and white inbreds.

I asked him if he wanted me to drive but he said he'll be going on the giant Stoke City bandwagon he jumped on along with eveyone else 4 years ago as usual.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah...I'll be in The Frog, Clapham, SW4. UTW

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah, pulled out of it to have a relaxing weekend.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Three of us ..

Wolves are for life not just Christmas !

J

Jack

Five of us going up, making an all dayer of it. Say what you want, taking less than 1500 to Stoke is shocking support and we deserve the derision that will follow...

Oh for the days when we took 5200 and took the $$$$, we were crap then as well

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not going and you're all free to call me what you want. My closest game of the season so in my own way I'm making my own protest as to what is going on.

R

Redditch Wolves

Suprised there 50 going!! The board have caused this and then the players with there complete shower of $$$$ performances.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon 1000 at the max, empty seats in a 1400 allocation. Embarrassing.

Kindly explain to me why it's embarrassing? While you're on the subject also explain after 2 and 2/3 seasons with Magic Mick and Top Cat travelling all over the country with them I have to go to Stoke?

J

Jungleee

I reckon 1000 at the max, empty seats in a 1400 allocation. Embarrassing.

Genuinely surprised you find it embarrassing.

- Weak economy; bleak future; is it worth it?
- Everything that's going on with the club at the moment. Are people not allowed to have some sort of protest? Rather away from home than at Molineux.
- We're essentially down anyway (just not mathematically yet). What's the point of spending money following the team if it's not the relegation party when pre-season is coming up and all those decent fixtures in the Championship?
- No-one really gives a stuffing about Stoke. Hurts me more if we lose to Barrow
- Stoke play $$$$ football, so do we.
- Stoke's a $$$$hole

Hope that's enough reasons. x

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Nope.

Junglee's given many good reasons for not going.

I dont go to many away games and aint goin gto start now considering the situation. I will go to the remaining home games because I have already paid.

Next season, new league, new season ticket and I hope new manager and players.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

- Everything that's going on with the club at the moment. Are people not allowed to have some sort of protest? Rather away from home than at Molineux.
- We're essentially down anyway (just not mathematically yet). What's the point of spending money following the team if it's not the relegation party when pre-season is coming up and all those decent fixtures in the Championship?
- No-one really gives a stuffing about Stoke. Hurts me more if we lose to Barrow
- Stoke's a $$$$hole

Yeah agree with all that ... but don't you think with the right support we might just win this one ? :rolleyes:

If anyone sees a big bald bloke with a sun tan and a WARDINHO on his back and the logo mainly peeled off from the front - that'll be me. Sounds like I'll be easy to spot.

If the game hadn't been so unpopular then my son and I would never have got tickets :D

B

Big George

- Stoke's a $$$$hole

If we got allocated 1400 from the start people would be moaning, club normally bang on with allocations and they even asked 2800 at the start.

700 tickets sold so far is embarrassing, pretty sure we took over 2000 last season in midweek and we was same position (OK, a little better but we still $$$$ed at the time), 90% of fans said we were $$$$ed after that game as well.

J

Jungleee

If we got allocated 1400 from the start people would be moaning, club normally bang on with allocations and they even asked 2800 at the start.

700 tickets sold so far is embarrassing, pretty sure we took over 2000 last season in midweek and we was same position (OK, a little better but we still $$$$ed at the time), 90% of fans said we were $$$$ed after that game as well.

2800 is right for Stoke, if we're still competing in the league. However, we're not.

700 will increase to 1000 by the time of kick off, a lot will buy on the door if possible as Stoke ay that far.

Anyway, think of it this way. The 700+ of you that are there will be die-hards and the atmosphere will be decent. Guarantee you it won't be the same demographic away as Norwich... (Awful). Fulham away was also on the TV and was one of the best away atmospheres for me this season.

E

Edgmond Wolf

My son was giving me grief as he wanted to go to this away match until I pointed out we are on holiday....

It will be a $$$$e game anyway it's Stoke!!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Kindly explain to me why it's embarrassing? While you're on the subject also explain after 2 and 2/3 seasons with Magic Mick and Top Cat travelling all over the country with them I have to go to Stoke?

As you ignored my original post I'll try again for a reply.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worst manager in PL history leads worst team in the league against the worst footballing side in the league in the worst city in Europe.

Can't think of anything worse.....

J

JR's Boots

Stoke are the only PL side I refuse to watch in any form. Their style of football is horrible and cynical and the home game two years ago was comfortably the worst game of football involving Wolves I have seen in 40 years.

For a neutral Wolves are worth watching for comedic value and as a text book example of how not to defend. Junior coaches all over the country can replay our games as perfect learning material of what not to do and laugh at the idea that Connor is a top coach and manager of the PL side.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worst manager in PL history leads worst team in the league against the worst footballing side in the league in the worst city in Europe.

1 0 zubar !

J

JR's Boots

Don't let ESPN see this; they will be using it as a trailer.

B

Big George

As you ignored my original post I'll try again for a reply.

Didn't know how to double quote.

We even take over 1000 to Old Trafford, if you say 700 tickets sold with a few days left, to a game which is just down the road isn't embarrassing then got to agree to disagree mate.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There must be some well-off people on here??!!! I can think of a million better things to do with my hard-earned cash than blow it on Wolves at present - and esp so after our disgraceful performance there last season.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't know how to double quote.

We even take over 1000 to Old Trafford, if you say 700 tickets sold with a few days left, to a game which is just down the road isn't embarrassing then got to agree to disagree mate.

Perhaps you want to remember some people have spent thousands of pounds following us away since our return to the Prem. You might be one of them? I don't know. However I am and I've had enough is that ok with you?

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
700 is not correct, we'd sold nearly 800 as of this afternoon. TO said sales have been very slow, expecting to have sold 900 by the end of the week.

B

Big George

Perhaps you want to remember some people have spent thousands of pounds following us away since our return to the Prem. You might be one of them? I don't know. However I am and I've had enough is that ok with you?

Yep. Home and away season ticket holder. Just thought we would have more people who want to go to a local game (albeit it being on TV), which we might not visit again for a couple of years. Obviously our position in the league has had a massive effect on ticket sales.

I don't blame anyone for not going and I certainly understand why people have chose to pack it in, I'm not going Sunderland or Swansea, but as I just said I thought we would have more fans still wanting to go regardless because it's local.

Back
Top Bottom