Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who would you swap GON for??

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would have said nuno, but I actually think O’Neil is better than nuno. Mainly because nuno had money for players.. Neves, Jimenez, Moutinho etc. Gaz has took a bunch of lads (that lop said was crap) from fighting relegation to pushing for europe. Bloke is a hero

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Only Klopp as he has proven again and again in his career that he can turn talented, promising players into world class players. We have plenty of talent in the squad. Klopp's style of football is also much more attractive than Pep's, in my opinion, and would suit our team.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Only Klopp as he has proven again and again in his career that he can turn talented, promising players into world class players. We have plenty of talent in the squad. Klopp's style of football is also much more attractive than Pep's, in my opinion, and would suit our team.
If we lived in a fantasy world and I could choose anybody to be our next manager... Klopp after his break from football. 100%. For me, he is the best currently active manager in the world. Used to be Jose for me but he's lost his touch I think.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not just the pant wetters capable of speaking utter *******s, then. No fewer than twelve people on this thread so far have said they would not replace Gary O'Neil with any other manager in the league - not Pep, Klopp, Arteta, or Emery.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have we found, in Gary, a genuine diamond in the rough? I mean a coach of the highest caliber? Far too early to tell but I’ve irrationally got a little hope that Gary might yet become one the all time great coaches in the PL.
(When I say irrationally it’s because Wolves are not allowed to have nice things ;) )

What might he go on to accomplish in the next 10-15 years or so, with or without us?

Rowzed

Reaction score
Have we found, in Gary, a genuine diamond in the rough? I mean a coach of the highest caliber? Far too early to tell but I’ve irrationally got a little hope that Gary might yet become one the all time great coaches in the PL.
(When I say irrationally it’s because Wolves are not allowed to have nice things ;) )

What might he go on to accomplish in the next 10-15 years or so, with or without us?
I’m hoping he’ll do a Brian Clough and turn an unfancied Midlands club into European Cup (CL) winners
Perhaps without pickling his liver in the process

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
I’m hoping he’ll do a Brian Clough and turn an unfancied Midlands club into European Cup (CL) winners
Perhaps without pickling his liver in the process
Personally I'd be OK with a few domestic cups- but we can dream! Hell, one cup would make GON the most successful Wolves manager in my lifetime. Sadly, as the years go by without a trophy, that is becoming the case for more and more supporters.

I'm really starting to believe he'll change that, though. If not this season, I think he'll have a proper go at both cups next season. The League Cup is a shout, the Sky 6 are 'valuing' that competition less and less each season.

Reid1877

Reaction score
Nobody the guys worked miracles and completely won me over despite initially being a massive critic, especially after the Ipswich result.

I think had we backed him in Jan and delivered the needed forwards we would now be in the semi’s.

However the financial security of the club is paramount and GON understands this.

He’s a keeper for sure and wouldn’t swap him for the world.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not swapping Gon at all stick with him give him a. Squad qtr final and 9th fantastic **** to lose against Coventry but we were 2nd best

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mark Robins.
Mark Robins is hugely underrated for the job he's done at Coventry City, and was my leftfield suggestion to replace Lopetegui.
That said, I'm extremely happy with the job GON has done, though for some reason I still can't warm to him.
That's my problem though, not his!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mark Robins is hugely underrated for the job he's done at Coventry City, and was my leftfield suggestion to replace Lopetegui.
That said, I'm extremely happy with the job GON has done, though for some reason I still can't warm to him.
That's my problem though, not his!
I agree with you over Robins. I'm amazed that he hasn't been given a PL post.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who would I swap Gary for?………..how about this coach.

Meet Tihana Nemcic. This 24-year-old former model from Croatia is the coach of a fifth division Croatian men’s football team NK Viktorija Vojakovac.

Check mate :) I win.

1710619630547.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom