Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who should replace Bruno (if sacked)?

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage needs putting out of his misery, things just aren’t going to happen. Sack him now before it’s too late.

But does Jeff have a clue as to what to do next? It’s likely he doesn’t!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they want him out quick Moutinho as player manager till they can find a guy (can I say 'guy'?!). I am being serious because he WILL have the support and recognition of the players.
I'd have had Moutinho in charge at the back end of last season after the Brighton game, just to the end of the season. The issue I see now is if we sack Lage without a replacement lined up (because perhaps we're waiting on someone specific to be available) and offer it Moutinho, he could still be running the show when the World Cup comes around, a World Cup he'll be playing in while we need a head coach here sorting us out. So only on that basis, I wouldn't put Moutinho in temporary charge. But, I agree with the general sentiment, he'd have the instant respect of the players and fans and were it not for the World Cup coming up I'd have absolutely no issue with putting him in charge as player-head coach

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Marco Rose, someone tell me about him, from what I can see an attacking manager.

Lopetegui, from all I hear is desperately defensive and unattractive and if a further step backwards.
My first choice, pretty typical German high press style. Direct in the way Liverpool are rather than long ball. Think he likes 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2 diamond.
Won the league with RB Salzberg twice in Austria (not the worlds hardest achievement)

Took over Gladbach after they had finished 9th and had them 5th, 4th and 8th his last season, even got them to the CL knockouts one season. Think they got beat by City but I can't remember exactly.

Went to Dortmund and finished 2nd but it wasn't a brilliant year for them.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'd have had Moutinho in charge at the back end of last season after the Brighton game, just to the end of the season. The issue I see now is if we sack Lage without a replacement lined up (because perhaps we're waiting on someone specific to be available) and offer it Moutinho, he could still be running the show when the World Cup comes around, a World Cup he'll be playing in while we need a head coach here sorting us out. So only on that basis, I wouldn't put Moutinho in temporary charge. But, I agree with the general sentiment, he'd have the instant respect of the players and fans and were it not for the World Cup coming up I'd have absolutely no issue with putting him in charge as player-head coach
This is just mental to me, guy who has been part of the dreadful football for 3 seasons & has not done his coaching badges is given the reigns of a Premier League club.
League 2 teams don't do **** like that.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is just mental to me, guy who has been part of the dreadful football for 3 seasons & has not done his coaching badges is given the reigns of a Premier League club.
Wouldn't put him in permanently, I'd have him in temporary charge but I'm saying why I wouldn't put him in temp charge now. I'm not saying give him the job, think you mis-read the post a bit

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
My first choice, pretty typical German high press style. Direct in the way Liverpool are rather than long ball. Think he likes 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2 diamond.
Won the league with RB Salzberg twice in Austria (not the worlds hardest achievement)

Took over Gladbach after they had finished 9th and had them 5th, 4th and 8th his last season, even got them to the CL knockouts one season. Think they got beat by City but I can't remember exactly.

Went to Dortmund and finished 2nd but it wasn't a brilliant year for them.
So with that our squad should suit him?

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed.

Mountinho does not seem like a leader to me. He would be wearing the armband if he was.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

So with that our squad should suit him?
Hmm, probably a forward light as he does like 2 proper strikers. Our wide players not being proper wide men would suit him though. Midfield is a bit of an odd one, he likes a sitter like Neves with two ball carriers and then a 10. Tempted to say he might go

Neves
Nunes -- Neto
Podence

TBF he is pretty adaptable, also played 4-3-3 I think there as well.

My worry would be the fitness of the group being asked to press hard very quickly.

D

Deleted member (smith)

I have no idea who is better than Bruno and who is available and who would take the job.. But I commend the posters on this thread because this is the right question….no point sacking Bruno until after you can answer those questions ….

Everybody is unhappy with the first five results but it is important to know the best plan to improve results….I regret I don’t because I am an ignorant football fan with absolutely no knowledge of how to manage a team.I do know firing mick and appointing Terry was a very poor knee jerk decision…I have confidence that Fosun are far more thoughtful and will plan their strategy in meticulous detail.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeah, best case would be the Sporting guy worst case Jardim or someone like that.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
It’s an absolute minefield. There’s better managers out there but also worse ones. If the board are gonna make a change they need to think carefully and probably need a plan in place. Sacking the manager and THEN starting to find a replacement rarely ends well:

Jeru360

Reaction score
Hmm, probably a forward light as he does like 2 proper strikers. Our wide players not being proper wide men would suit him though. Midfield is a bit of an odd one, he likes a sitter like Neves with two ball carriers and then a 10. Tempted to say he might go

Neves
Nunes -- Neto
Podence

TBF he is pretty adaptable, also played 4-3-3 I think there as well.

My worry would be the fitness of the group being asked to press hard very quickly.
I would love a coach who liked to press.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Alan Shearer? ...That made me giggle before bed.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage needs putting out of his misery, things just aren’t going to happen. Sack him now before it’s too late.

But does Jeff have a clue as to what to do next? It’s likely he doesn’t!
Oh come on. Jeff knows a lot more than most of us.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s an absolute minefield. There’s better managers out there but also worse ones. If the board are gonna make a change they need to think carefully and probably need a plan in place. Sacking the manager and THEN starting to find a replacement rarely ends well:
I’d really hope after the terrible last few months of last season Fosun have already got a shortlist and are sounding them out.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But all the great players make great managers, like... Pirlo, or Lampard, or... Gerrard.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But all the great players make great managers, like... Pirlo, or Lampard, or... Gerrard.
seems that like jwolfie, you didn't read the post correctly, or stopped before the end

To reiterate, I WOULD NOT put Moutinho in charge on a permanent basis, and with the upcoming World Cup I WOULD NOT put him in charge on a temporary basis now, but I would have put him in on a temporary basis after the Brighton game last season for the final few games

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
seems that like jwolfie, you didn't read the post correctly, or stopped before the end

To reiterate, I WOULD NOT put Moutinho in charge on a permanent basis, and with the upcoming World Cup I WOULD NOT put him in charge on a temporary basis now, but I would have put him in on a temporary basis after the Brighton game last season for the final few games

I did read it, but I don't see what the point of having him for 4 games last year would have been! And why would he even want to do it?

When was the last time any club in the world had a successful player/manager or player immediately turning manager?

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
You'll need to narrow the parameters here as other posted mentioned.

It's which Gestifute client do we want as a manager

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was so depressed watching the game last night that at one point in the 2nd half I found myself thinking about Neil Warnock...

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
You do wonder whether Mourinho would give this a go. Or I do anyway.

A very flat management structure.
He essentially runs the operation.
Straight line into Mendes.
Back into the spotlight of the PL.

I realise this sounds ****ing mental, but I don’t see him appearing in the top 6 again, and given that our squad is full of Portugeezers, and he’d have the run of the place…

Stranger things have happened.
I’m sure he said he would have been interested but had just gone to Roma

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I truly do not have any clever answers to who replaces Lage, but his further presence is not likely to assist a solution to our problems.
How this fellow was chosen I have no idea, but he doesn't seem overwhelmed with intellect or personality, so they have some idea of the type of replacement they don't want. However, perhaps a short-term recruitment would be best, with someone to get the players just a little enthused and prepared to give the odd bead or two of sweat. But, the merry go round of management will provide someone who ticks a few boxes, and above all looks to be 98.4degrees more often that not. It's just a matter of time.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it would be likely a mendes client...

fonseca
conceicao

i like the looks of amormin

could be jardim

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did read it, but I don't see what the point of having him for 4 games last year would have been! And why would he even want to do it?

When was the last time any club in the world had a successful player/manager or player immediately turning manager?
I'd have just done it to try and 'bounce' into the European spots. It was clear as day that we weren't going to make it under Lage after the Brighton game and the downward spiral in results had truly started, so we had nothing to lose by trying it (though as you say, it would have needed him to want to do it). My original post on the subject last night was just reasons I wouldn't ask him to do it on a temp basis now. Long term obviously, going for someone like Moutinho would be a massive gamble, I'd want him to have a few years coaching before entertaining him for the top job on a permanent basis

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was so depressed watching the game last night that at one point in the 2nd half I found myself thinking about Neil Warnock...
it was certainly depressing and frustrating have not been that riled up or negative about a game for a while

Back
Top Bottom