Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who goes in January

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely fed up with Jonny,Semedo,Podence.
They can all go as far as I am concerned.
Will shed a tear for Jonny,ruined by injuries..will drink a pint each in celebration if Semedo and Podence is out.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes and Semedo hopefully. Guedes is like a fish out of water in the PL and Semedo has regressed hugely to the point he takes the safe option of passing back nearly every time which combined with an inability to defend aerial balls makes him a hindrance not a help. Wouldn’t shed a tear if Podence went too though he does at least try something diffeeent but unfortunately most of the time it fails.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be very suprised if Guedes goes. J-Lo knows him and the club won’t want to give up on him after 4 months.

Similarly no way does Semedo and Jonny go, one of them will stay. Amazes me that people talk about the small squad then want to get rid of both senior right backs

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive stuck by Semedo for a long time now, but after last nights performance he needs moving in. A friend of mine did say he's going to Madrid in January, which wouldn't surprise me.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't like Podence, but I'd be reluctant to see him go, in a way. He and Adama are the two most frustating players imaginable, both supremely talented and can undo a rugged defence, but both can only be relied upon to be unreliable because they only want to do what they want to do, and neither can be coached. And yet they're our two most dangerous weapons when on song.

Pod's histrionics and flashiest of Harry flicks and tricks to give the ball away do my head in, but he's always likely to put a pass through or score, he's positive in his approach, and his positioning can be excellent. But, like Adama, he's a luxury you can afford if everyone else picks up the pieces but he stands out like a shaved cat when things are going badly.

In a better team he's worth keeping but in our current position we need reliability, good decision making and efficiency, and Podence is not that.

Guedes, I think, will improve. Semedo is a bomb scare, but then so was Saiss in the latter half of last season and most miss him now he's gone. Difficult to judge.

The one player who no longers offers anything much on the field, sadly, is Moutinho. The tempo and direction of our general play will absolutely not improve while he is at the hub, he's a metronome set to half speed who spends most of his time chasing shadows.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Left Field Guesses"
Raul leaves on an "undisclosed fee" perhaps to the MLS
Fabio Silva sold

Sensible Guesses for sales
Semedo
A Traore
Ronan
Sanderson

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would like to see Semedo gone, never rated him, he is a mediocre defender and offers next to nothing in the final third. Has some pace and that seems to have fooled some for a while. Him for Doc is the worst business we have done by some distance.

Agree with most about Moutinho as well, should not be a starter anymore. Ronan can go obviously, no idea why anyone thought he had a chance to break into the side.

Forward wise i wouldn't be surprised if Jimenez left. Adama perhaps. Podence won't yet but maybe in the summer. Doubt we extend Costa either in the summer.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think one of either Jonny or Semedo goes to make space for a new right back.

If we can get money for Adama then he will be gone as would Raul if the deal is right.

It's a good bet that Ronan and Sanderson will be moved on for a couple of million with big sell on fees.

I expect three in very early in the window to give us a fighting chance, then possible two or three British based ones for the future. Using the last bit of "premier league" status to prepare for the worst, a sort of fall back strategy for the championship. Someone like Diaz or the big lad from Coventry who bolsters the squad and could be very useful next season if the worst happens.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang to end his Wolves nightmare (and his stock has risen during the world cup so should attract a decent fee )

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would like to see Semedo gone, never rated him, he is a mediocre defender and offers next to nothing in the final third. Has some pace and that seems to have fooled some for a while. Him for Doc is the worst business we have done by some distance.

Agree with most about Moutinho as well, should not be a starter anymore. Ronan can go obviously, no idea why anyone thought he had a chance to break into the side.

Forward wise i wouldn't be surprised if Jimenez left. Adama perhaps. Podence won't yet but maybe in the summer. Doubt we extend Costa either in the summer.

10000% agree with the Semedo comment. **** poor player ever since we brought him, shockingly poor positionally, crap going forward, lightweight, frightened to have a go. So, I am not his biggest fan.

I have said it before, we could have spent less than £5m on half the full backs in the championship and I doubt we would have had a worse deal.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo probably as he is wanted by others
Traore if we can get someone to buy him
Podence same as above
Ronan
Probably loan one or two out thats about it

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s best to let JL have some time to evaluate the squad. We can’t accurately judge the players during the Bruno era. Morale and confidence were in tatters…..losing game after game, week after week.

JL will separate the good from the bad in time and even then that might take about 2 or 3 windows.

Wolves are in no condition to move too many players out this window. The departure of Coady, Saisse, Dendoncker and Boly was perhaps a bit too hasty.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks as though Julen is going to get a chance to sweep the carpet of old bits and bobs, which is a good thing.

For me the following can depart:

Jonny - Just not the same after his injury
Semedo - Offers nothing in attacking situations like Bueno/RAN on the other side and can be a liability defending
Moutinho - Wonderful footballer. One of the best I've seen. But he slows the game down too much and father time is getting him
Podence - Possibly the second most infuriating player in the squad. Not shown his best here and it's been nearly 3 years.
Guedes - I was so excited when we signed him, but he just looks like he isn't interested and doesn't want it.
Ronan - Not sure why he didn't go in the summer.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are good for funds, rather keep them all and have depth rest of the season.
The problem with that is we are only allowed 17 None home grown players we currently have 16 make that 17 if the Cunha deal is done, so we have to create space for new signings, I'm aware of the 2 long term injuries which will allow 2 more NHG's 1 will probably be David Garcia, possibly Isco but we still need a decent right back, unless Julen has already sorted some Hg players.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with that is we are only allowed 17 None home grown players we currently have 16 make that 17 if the Cunha deal is done, so we have to create space for new signings, I'm aware of the 2 long term injuries which will allow 2 more NHG's 1 will probably be David Garcia, possibly Isco but we still need a decent right back, unless Julen has already sorted some Hg players.
Glad we’ve widened our scouting and hoped we’d look outside of Europe but I never imagined for one moment it would extend to Mercury!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just look at contract lengths and it paints a picture of who will be off over the next few windows.

Moutinho, Costa and Traore all out of contract in the summer. They will probably all be off.

Semedo is out of contract this summer too, but we have a 2 year extension option. I expect we will activate that to protect his value and then sell him.

Jimenez, Podence, Neves and Ronan's contracts run until June 2024, so 1 year left at the end of the season. They will likely be sold in the summer. Neves the only huge loss and could maybe be persuaded by Lopetegui to stay and sign a new deal if we stay up.

Hodge's contract is up in 2024 too, but I think he will sign a new long-term deal very soon.

Jonny and Sarkic's contract run until June 2025, so 2 years left this summer. Both could be sold then, or summer 2024.

That leaves the following players on longer-term contracts come the summer (3-4 years).

Sa
Collins
Kilman
Toti
Mosquera
Bueno
Ait-Nouri
Hodge
Nunes
B. Traore
Chiquinho
Guedes
Hwang
Kalajdzic
Neto

Most of them could be in and around the squad and starting XI going forward.

Stay up, and I the squad could look something like this next season....

GK: Sa/Sarkic
RB: NEW/Jonny
LB: Ait-Nouri/Bueno
CB: NEW/NEW/Collins/Kilman
CM: NEW/NEW/Nunes/B. Traore/Hodge
AM/WF: NEW/Cunha/Neto/Guedes/Hwang/Chiquinho
CF: NEW/NEW/Kalajdzic

That's 9 new players over 2 windows (including Cunha), with 8 players leaving.

First XI maybe something like this.....

Sa

NEW--NEW--Kilman--Ait-Nouri

NEW--Nunes

Neto--Cunha--Guedes

NEW
Leaving the options of.....

Sarkic

Jonny--Collins--NEW--Bueno

B. Traore--NEW/Hodge

Chiquinho--NEW--Hwang

NEW/Kalajdzic​

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo 100% 5m the weak link in the team

Jonny 50% if we can sign someone else 5m not been right for a while

Mosquera loan obviously they don’t think much of him atm

Collins whoever will take him. Even looked dodgy at the back against gillingham I know they had one shot on target but still mistakes that shouldn’t happen every single game
15m I would honestly consider cutting our losses and bring in someone else

Guedes 15m no where near the required levels

Podence 10m one of the most frustrating players to watch constantly makes the wrong decision and one of the reasons we don’t score enough

Adama 5m out of contract take what we can

Moutinho free his legs have gone such a sad sight either that or he’s not fit like Julen said about most of the squad isn’t fit enough

Enough room to sign 7

Sa
AWB Felipe Garcia Bueno
Neves Nunes Bouba
Cunha Raul Hwang

Last edited:

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Time to go:
Jonny (sorry)
Semedo
Ronan
Podence
Moutinho (really sorry, maybe stay on with coaching staff?)
Traore (sorry)

Possible loans:
Toto
Hodge

Scary that's over half the first team squad, but that's the position we're in right now.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My guesses at who might leave, rather than who I want to leave in January or next summer…

Raul - in January if a club in Mexico or US he wants to move to comes in for him
Jonny - in January if anyone wants him
Semedo - in January assuming we have a good, experienced right back coming in, otherwise he likely stays until summer
Adama - if a club is willing to offer a few million to secure him in January rather than compete for his free signing in the summer
Podence - in January assuming Cunha and Guedes are preferred choices, and Neto returns in Feb to add depth

Costa & Moutinho - leave in the summer when their 1 year contracts expire
Ryan Giles - in the summer if Boro can afford him, if not to another champ club newly promoted to the PL
Unfortunately I think it’s also likely Neves will leave next summer if Barca finally put their money where their mouth is, and perhaps also Neto if he recovers from his injury and regains some decent form.

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Surely you mean Royal Mail now?

I'd much rather Hermes chucked it over the fence with a 50/50 chance of breaking than never see it in the first place!!
Evri aren't they? Just the joke didn't work (and it was weak enough already!). Still missing my Everton tickets though, so maybe even they are better than Royal Mail.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope Semedo and Podence leave.

Both big fees particularly the former, both failed to deliver, again in particular the former.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i agree i thought costa looked useful, laying stuff off as well
He looked better than he has, but he’s a former elite centre forward playing the bottom club in the entire league. He should be scaring them into a living death.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive stuck by Semedo for a long time now, but after last nights performance he needs moving in. A friend of mine did say he's going to Madrid in January, which wouldn't surprise me.
I agree with you and have stuck by him but last night he was poor.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Old Wittonuan I have not written off Costa yet. If we sign Cunha (all but done) and Isco (now a free agent) them together with Nunes could very much provide Costa with the bullets to fire. Costa is looking pretty fit and makes good runs but we fail to find him most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom