Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who do we sell?

D

Deleted member 4184

I'd sell Bennett, Mir, Cav, Ronan

Loan out MGW to a top league 1 team

I'd only sell Bennett if he wants to go as the rumours say

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady is ok with two big players either side but doncks and saiss are bypassed too easily and don't get critical blocks in. All 3 are good players but only one midfielder should be in the back 3 at any time.

BanburyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I truly believe the way we're doing business now we're buying the backup and bedding them in rather than scrambling for a replacement when the time comes.

Neto, Cutrone, and some extent Vinagre...one day these guys will be playing first team football.

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
I question the assumption in OP's question that we are under pressure for FFP

If we sign two players for 30m each on a five year deal, it's only 12m a year from FFP's calculations. I expect we are well below FFP thresholds.

The issue is probably cash. Fosun have put in plenty and have notionally got an excellent return. They are looking for capital now from another company, because why wouldn't they? It makes good sense.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think Jimenez is the most likely to leave. Its just makes sense. He is probably at the top of his game and we would get some decent money for him. The only other player in that bracket is probably Boly.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I question the assumption in OP's question that we are under pressure for FFP

If we sign two players for 30m each on a five year deal, it's only 12m a year from FFP's calculations. I expect we are well below FFP thresholds.

The issue is probably cash. Fosun have put in plenty and have notionally got an excellent return. They are looking for capital now from another company, because why wouldn't they? It makes good sense.
We have been linked to 50 million pound players like Ruben dias and our match day income isn't anything like man city. We also made a big loss in the championship promotion season. There was a theory put forward that Raul's signing was a loan to buy rather than straight buy to mitigate against financial fair play regulations. Costa will bring in 15 million but so far expenditure outweighs income.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem solved,since we don´t have to sell a single player to clear FFP.
Shortterm FFP is no more,and longterm FFP of 105 mill in accum losses is not an issue since we are making good profit this season,and we made a profit last season as well.

We need a bigger squad,and we should add top quality to what we allready have.
Agreeing on that we should have sold Cav last summmer though.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
40 million will buy anyone in our team and I'd be happy about it. Except Traore.
You really think that we would let Raul, now an established Premier League striker, go for only £8m more than we paid for him? Deluded!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless we spend silly money or can get like for like replacements, I can't see many leaving.
Squad players and under 23's maybe. Out of the regular starters I think the most replaceable is Bennett, but only because he does not have Saiss or Donks versatility. Ruddy is replaceable. MGW, Bright, Mir etc also very much so. It will be interesting whether Nuno sticks with young up and comers like Killman and Sanderson or look to buy in .

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he runs around a lot. I’ll give you that

Please watch his contribution to first and fourth goals against Besiktas (If you actually watch Wolves, you must have the memory of a goldfish).

Cutrone was a fox in the box at Milan, but he's already showing in his fleeting moments on the pitch how he is learning to link play. His touch is impeccable and his work ethic ("running around" as you put it) is phenomenal.

Bring those aspects together over the next season or two, and you have a player (at his age) worth £40-50m. Same with Neto. These and other players will follow the same path as Jimenez, Traore etc.

If you can't see this and want to cast off players before they realise their potential then more fool you. Thankfully most Wolves fans have seen the evidence before their eyes now and just trust Nuno & co.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we have to sell anyone then it has to be squad players. I can't see us being too restricted by ffp right now and to strengthen the squad you don't sell first teamers or fringe players.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None of them. I expect Ruddy will leave if he gets a first choice offer from somewhere and maybe Bennett if he wants to play more but I wouldn't look to sell any of our players.

I reckon Fulham will buy Cav he is hit and miss this season (like with us, that is Cav all over) but the fans seem to like him and at that level he is a good player which Fulham will need if they sort themselves out for a promotion push in the next few years.

I especially wouldn't sell MGW for 5m he might need a championship loan at some point but he's young, english and Nuno thinks there is a player in there he will be worth many times that in a few years.

Still confuses me when people put Doherty on a list to 'upgrade'. He's a proven very good premier league player, I can't think of any obvious upgrades in our price range that would match his decent defensive ability bit most importantly his attacking game.

Bigcheese

Reaction score
Neto will be worth a fortune in a couple of years, just look at his cross for yesterday's goal.
With a couple more years of Nuno in his ear he's going to be some player.
It's who we buy to eventually replace Moutinho that will present the biggest problem.The best player I have seen in a gold shirt.

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Benno and John Ruddy will probably go with our blessings in the summer. MGW surely has to go on loan to a good Championship side to get some games in. Raul's La Liga mutterings suggest he may be away in the summer too. I think anyone apart from MGW gets away In January

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benno and John Ruddy will probably go with our blessings in the summer. MGW surely has to go on loan to a good Championship side to get some games in. Raul's La Liga mutterings suggest he may be away in the summer too. I think anyone apart from MGW gets away In January

Raul ain´t going nowhere for a fair while.
I guarantee.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You really think that we would let Raul, now an established Premier League striker, go for only £8m more than we paid for him? Deluded!

You could argue both Boly and Neves would have higher values too!

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough decisions need to be made to improve

coady
saiss
maybe doherty

all very good players but to get to the next level......
Don't you think Coady is the heartbeat of the team ? I think he is far more than just his playing performance, he is Nuno's captain!

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please watch his contribution to first and fourth goals against Besiktas (If you actually watch Wolves, you must have the memory of a goldfish).

Cutrone was a fox in the box at Milan, but he's already showing in his fleeting moments on the pitch how he is learning to link play. His touch is impeccable and his work ethic ("running around" as you put it) is phenomenal.

Bring those aspects together over the next season or two, and you have a player (at his age) worth £40-50m. Same with Neto. These and other players will follow the same path as Jimenez, Traore etc.

If you can't see this and want to cast off players before they realise their potential then more fool you. Thankfully most Wolves fans have seen the evidence before their eyes now and just trust Nuno & co.
i do trust Nuno but i'm not sure Nuno trusts cutrone. look, i am entitled to my view. i would flog him. he might turn out OK but i very much doubt it

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i do trust Nuno but i'm not sure Nuno trusts cutrone. look, i am entitled to my view. i would flog him. he might turn out OK but i very much doubt it

The same was said about Dendoncker and Traore and they are now first team regulars. It will take a bit of time but he's 21 with time on his side and ability.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The same was said about Dendoncker and Traore and they are now first team regulars. It will take a bit of time but he's 21 with time on his side and ability.

I would hold my hand up and say I absolutely didnt rate Dendonker last year and said so. Having done that though I'm going to learn my lesson, and not start dismissing players Nuno has barely had half a season to mould....

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do we need to sell? Why would we sell?

all I hear over the mix, is ‘squads to thin’, ‘not enough depth’, ‘wouldn’t come to warm the bench’
Why would selling players to get new ones in solve the first or second.
The third point may be trickier, however do city have a problem with Jesus/aguero, or silva/silva etc
Given the amount of games we could potentially play this season ( and next all being well), rotation, squad depth and game time shouldn’t be an issue.

so who do we sell? - no one, unless they want to go and we get the offer we want.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As far as MGW goes the first consideration should be his fitness problems. Not unlike a number of young players physical changes are going on and are more likely to get injury problems during this period. If I remember correctly didn't this happen to Stevie Gerard. These players need to be nursed over this period not just shelved out to another club on loan. We need patience as some will develop into good players and some will not.
Second point is that if Ruddy and Bennett will go it will be with our thanks for their efforts here. We have got to the stage where we are struggling to find the deadwood that was so easy to find in previous seasons. As long as a player has helped us to get to the next stage that is all we can ask.

M

Mr Wolf

Don't you think Coady is the heartbeat of the team ? I think he is far more than just his playing performance, he is Nuno's captain!
Should be eased out for me Batth style, love the guy but his defending simply isn’t good enough overall for this level. Easier said than done mind with everything else he brings. I’m not sure he can step up again to the next level.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Costa and Cav are already off for a combined £25million. That should help fund a new player. I wouldn't sell a young player like MGW though as the OP suggests, there's literally no upside. Better to keep them around to develop them or sort out a loan.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for, you can put a new engine in a boat but if you lose the rudder, you'll just go round in circles faster !

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
We have been linked to 50 million pound players like Ruben dias and our match day income isn't anything like man city. We also made a big loss in the championship promotion season. There was a theory put forward that Raul's signing was a loan to buy rather than straight buy to mitigate against financial fair play regulations. Costa will bring in 15 million but so far expenditure outweighs income.

So selling Bright for 200k will solve it? That would be 0.1% of our revenue

I don't think you understand our finances now. We earned 127m last season. This season with Europe it will be close to 150m. We haven't spent much against that have we?

It's been posted on here countless times but FFP assumes the price paid for a player is spread over their contract.

But Dias for 50m
Five year contract
10m a year for FFP

You are mixing up cash in/out with the accounting rules

Last edited:
H

Heart of Gold and Black

This summer will be critical. I reckon Nuno is the key to it because it's not lost on him that his star is on the rise and bigger clubs will want him.
If I were Nuno, I'd be asking for a big enough transfer budget to get us to the Champions League. Otherwise I reckon he'll be poached.
Can we cut all this media driven "bigger club" Fosun have not sold a single player they didnt want to sell/loan out. If our own fans can't see the direction of travel we are heading in, what chance have we got?

Chelsea were not a massive club before Abramovich rocked up, Man City before their owners took over. When they were both on the way up, I doubt there fans were constantly worrying about people leaving to so called 'bigger clubs'

Let people outside the club keep underestimating us and thinking we are the next Southampton, where teams can come along and cherry pick our best people, let people outside the club say "Nuno can manage a top 6 club"
"Traore will go to Spurs"

Well Arsenal couldn't unsettle Nuno and Levy would only pay enough for Adama's right bicep.....then he can just do 10 press ups..... and grow a new one anyway

Ours owners have told us where they plan to take us....I don't see anything to suggest they are going to fail.

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
Can we cut all this media driven "bigger club"

Totally agree. Manure, Arsenal and Spurs are struggling because they assumed they would always be the best.

The best clubs came from the ground up. Arsenal and Manure, under Wenger and Alex were made as dynasties. They did well, got the best players because of success and the circle continued.

This could be the future for us.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do we need to sell? Why would we sell?

all I hear over the mix, is ‘squads to thin’, ‘not enough depth’, ‘wouldn’t come to warm the bench’
Why would selling players to get new ones in solve the first or second.
The third point may be trickier, however do city have a problem with Jesus/aguero, or silva/silva etc
Given the amount of games we could potentially play this season ( and next all being well), rotation, squad depth and game time shouldn’t be an issue.

so who do we sell? - no one, unless they want to go and we get the offer we want.
Bang on.
Where is all this ‘selling’ coming from? Is it part of our Wolves inferiority complex, in our DNA that we don’t deserve/can’t have something good? ......which is understandable. That will take a bit longer to fade away.
Wolves may sell but only if it suits us.....not because we need too. Great feeling.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You are indeed, but I'm just saying look to other examples before making a final decision and writing someone off

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think Jimenez is the most likely to leave. Its just makes sense. He is probably at the top of his game and we would get some decent money for him. The only other player in that bracket is probably Boly.

Raul ain´t going nowhere for a fair while.
I guarantee.

I don't want to lose any of our current squad but from a business perspective Raul's value is never going to be higher and depending on how Cutrone develops towards the end of the season , I also see Jiminez being sold for big money.

Back
Top Bottom