Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who do we sell?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In order to get to the next level but at the same time satisfy financial fair play, we may need to sell players in the summer if we are to spend big on a few quality additions.
Which players do you move on for money without weakening the squad?
Signing players like Ruben dias won't come cheap and so far we are only guaranteed 15 million for Costa when he moves to Leeds. Cav is currently struggling after a good start so it is unlikely fulham will shell out 12 million for him. Not making the cav transfer an obligation to buy at the end of the season was a mistake as his value will drop and he will be surplus to requirements. In the summer cav had other suitors and we need the money for quality additions. We are a business not a charity so the loan fee better be good.
In my opinion we should make three quality additions and sell:

Morgan Gibbs white 5 million
Ryan Bennett 2 million
Cav 9 million
Bonatini 1 million
Rafa mir 500,000
Niall Ellis 250k
Bright 200k

20 million isn't a lot but would go some way towards big quality purchases. I would keep saiss as he is the most valuable squad player in terms of filling in defence or midfield.
Would any of you take 50 million for a 29 year old Raul and replace him with Cutrone?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
none right now

squad is small enough to take a couple of quality players on board

(we need bennett.... £2m?!)

re cav - someone will buy him for £8-£10m, sooner or later. otherwise he comes back and can play a role as an impact sub

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone cant score. I would sell him
21 years old in a new country away from his home for the first time and you’re writing him off already?

His work ethic and intelligence is clear to see for me. Goals will come with time.

In my opinion he’s not been brought to make an immediate impact anyway, time is on his side. He’ll replace Jiménez long term and will score plenty of goals in time.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When a player gets to 24/25 that is the age their value is at their highest!

you have to make a wise decision as and when a big team comes.

as I’ve said previously the club will have an idea of 4 or 5 players they want to build the team around for a while!

only ridiculous money could poach the likes of Neves, Jota and Traore

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This summer will be critical. I reckon Nuno is the key to it because it's not lost on him that his star is on the rise and bigger clubs will want him.
If I were Nuno, I'd be asking for a big enough transfer budget to get us to the Champions League. Otherwise I reckon he'll be poached.

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In order to get to the next level but at the same time satisfy financial fair play, we may need to sell players in the summer if we are to spend big on a few quality additions.
Signing players like Ruben dias won't come cheap and so far we are only guaranteed 15 million for Costa when he moves to Leeds. Cav is currently struggling after a good start so it is unlikely fulham will shell out 12 million for him. Not making the cav transfer an obligation to buy at the end of the season was a mistake as his value will drop and he will be surplus to requirements. In the summer cav had other suitors and we need the money for quality additions. We are a business not a charity so the loan fee better be good.

Ryan Bennett 2 million
Cav 9 million
Bonatini 1 million
Rafa mir 500,000
Niall Ellis 250k
Bright 200k

20 million isn't a lot but would go some way towards big quality purchases. I would keep saiss as he is the most valuable squad player in terms of filling in defence or midfield.
Would any of you take 50 million for a 29 year old Raul and replace him with Cutrone?
Your valuations are way off the mark. Mings can go for £20m but you take £2m for Bennett?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So thinking about next season. Cav and Costa will I imagine leave as planned, whilst Vallejo will almost certainly return to Madrid?

I'd allow Ruddy to move for first team football and bring in a new reserve GK.

I'd consider loaning out a few of our younger players if good moves could be found e.g. MGW, Sanderson, Perry, Jordao and Kilman (perhaps to decent championship or european sides).

If a really good offer came in for Bennett or Saiss I might consider it (given their respective ages), though both are very useful squad players I'd be happy to keep.

As well as a new keeper, I'd then look at bringing in a rwb, cb, cm and a wide forward. Lets say something along the lines of Gedson Fernandes, Hwang Hee San, Malang Sarr and Cedric Soares. A mix of youth/experience and some real quality without breaking the bank.

Last edited:

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Ryan Bennett 2 million
Cav 9 million
Bonatini 1 million
Rafa mir 500,000
Niall Ellis 250k
Bright 200k

I’m more intrigued, who d you think will sign MGW for 5m??????

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
40 million will buy anyone in our team and I'd be happy about it. Except Traore.

D

Deleted member 4152

Ryan Bennett 2 million
Cav 9 million
Bonatini 1 million
Rafa mir 500,000
Niall Ellis 250k
Bright 200k

How do you know how we need to satisfy fair play?

Idiotic post. Troll

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well my post was popular :)

lets see shall we ? For me he doesnt fit the system. Tries hard but thats all. Amazing I get all the stick when the op said sell raul. Who does of course actually score....

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t sell anyone unless:

1) The price is significantly higher than we believe their work is; or
2) Player wishes to move and will be disruptive if stays (and the price is at least in line with our Valuation);

In either event I would wish to have someone as good (at cheaper price) or better lined up.

This could apply to anyone in team.....but most likely older players - Ruddy, Saiss and Bennett.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PS - I’d also add that each year we should refresh team with 2-3 players (keeps players fresh and on toes whilst not making wholesale changes).

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ryan Bennett 2 million
Cav 9 million
Bonatini 1 million
Rafa mir 500,000
Niall Ellis 250k
Bright 200k

Doesn’t that become £35 when we get the £15 million Leeds are obligated to pay for Costa at the end of the season?

That would be very nice thank you!

And no I would not take 50 million for Raul and replace him with Cutrone. Keep them both. Raul is the best striker we have had since Bully. God forbid if he was sold he would have to be replaced. What’s the point of that!

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone cant score. I would sell him
Got to be a wind up surely!
Generally comes off the bench for the last 10mins and you've written the bloke off, he's only 21. He needs a good run in the side before judgements are made.

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tough decisions need to be made to improve

coady
saiss
maybe doherty

all very good players but to get to the next level......
If upgrades come then yes that’s probably the order but I would have thought better to buy first and then let the new kids on the block fight for their places unless of course it’s a Rui, Moutinho or Jimenez type signing who is already well established. We have a light squad and need depth so not many to sell right now

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So maybe learn and dont be so quick to judge. Nuno has already shown he can train Traore and prove you wrong, why then jump to a conclusion on another young forward?
We will see. The thread is who should be sold. I would sell cutrone

Back
Top Bottom