Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Which of the loanees would you bring back in January if wolves fail to land their targets?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves currently have a sell to buy policy and we may not have the funds to bring in several players. Our bench is light with players on there like luke cundle who has no experience and is not trusted to play.
With money in short supply which players on loan would you bring back in january?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are only 3 there I’d consider ready to have in the squad, even factoring in inexperienced players like Cundle, Campbell etc are in it and 1 of them (Sarkic) we don’t need this season… for me that leaves MGW and Sanderson however in an IDEAL world I’d leave them both where they are

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea. Would depend on whether there are any injuries as to what players we need to bring back.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless we have a centre half lined up for 1st January, we pretty much have to recall Dion, don’t we? Saiss gone, Boly injured/gone, so he could potentially be back and straight into the team for a nice easy game at United.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless we have a centre half lined up for 1st January, we pretty much have to recall Dion, don’t we? Saiss gone, Boly injured/gone, so he could potentially be back and straight into the team for a nice easy game at United.
Genuine question. With Boly's lack of game time is he guaranteed a squad place for AFCON? I thought Ivory Coast were half decent. They must have some CB's who are getting minutes elsewhere?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question. With Boly's lack of game time is he guaranteed a squad place for AFCON? I thought Ivory Coast were half decent. They must have some CB's who are getting minutes elsewhere?
I’m not sure mate to be honest, I don’t even know if he’ll be back in training by then. Either way, I suspect we won’t see him in a Wolves shirt any time soon.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just checking’ but Bennett, Doc and Nuno weren’t loanees, right?..
Dang….thought so. Oh well.;):p

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giles has more assists than any other player in the championship.
MGW seems to score a screamer every other week! It's now or never for the both of them!
Bring them back for a month, give them a proper chance and see what happens!
Play 4 at the back, Giles left wing , and MGW behind Raul. We really need to try something and these kids could save us a fortune!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
If we don’t get our targets in (and surely we will do this time), then has to be at least one of MGW or Sanderson.

If it’s MGW, then Dendoncker can provide defensive cover whilst Saiss and Boly are away.

Goldust

Reaction score
MGW is the only one I would even consider...which is doesn't say much about those we have on loan.

justfriggin

Reaction score
Sarkic is very decent. Would have him on the bench with the other two goalies. . As for the above loanies. Stocking fillers. Wouldnt add much. Existing bench. Wouldnt add much.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None - I think the club and the players are better suited from leaving them to develop.

True in a way but if we arent signing anyone then some of them will have to be recalled or the squad strength will be an absolute shambles. MGW, Sanderson and Giles all to come back with Marcal being made full time centre back to cover the loss of Boly and Saiss. MGW to start every game as well as a no10 with Giles and RAN competing for left wing back and Sanderson competing with Marcal for the centre back role.

I'd also consider recalling others such as Gomes depending on our defensive options.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW only.

The others would not improve us in any way!

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Depends on rans injury. If he is out I can see Giles definitely coming back along with Sanderson and gibbs white.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given our injuries and the strong likelihood Fosun and Shi will do f*ck all in the transfer window, I voted MGW, Sanderson and Giles.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it's pointless bringing back MGW, and that there's a good chance same thing will happen as last year. Let him develop on loan.

Reactions: Ned

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bolla, Giles, Sanderson, Gomes & MGW

Need cover for RB Hoever’s Wolves career will have a bad shadow over it now.

Giles a form player competition for LWB incase of injuries nobody knows when Jonny is back.

Sanderson because we desperately need a CB
Gomes can play LCB too both are talented.

MGW a in form attacking player which we don’t currently have

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sanderson would be the only one I would bring back, even if we sign a centre back. It’s an area we need cover in.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Sarkic is very decent. Would have him on the bench with the other two goalies. . As for the above loanies. Stocking fillers. Wouldnt add much. Existing bench. Wouldnt add much.

So you’d have 3 GKs on the bench?! :eek: rather leave Sarkic to develop and bring him back once Ruddy leaves.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since we can't bring back the player we already sold, we have to bring the other 2 strikers we still have on our books.

Bring back Leo Bonatini and Patrick Cutrone.

They might just be better than what we have.
Cue howls of protest from the loyalists.

Yes I AM joking.
Sort of.

Chill!!

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh and by the way, since the poll poses the question of "if Wolves fail to land their targets",

What ****ing targets? There are no targets. We might get someone in on loan, but I doubt they would be someone we would salivate over or is on our (fan's) wishlist.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh and by the way, since the poll poses the question of "if Wolves fail to land their targets",

What ****ing targets? There are no targets. We might get someone in on loan, but I doubt they would be someone we would salivate over or is on our (fan's) wishlist.
The club need to prepare for the back lash if we fail to spend once again

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought of voting for MGW but if we did recall him I think he would find himself sitting on the bench again, so there is no point, unless we are going to utilise a system that plays to his strenghts and talents.
Would the following team enable us to create a few more chances and attacking options without jeopardising our defensive strength?
Playing 4 2 1 3
Sa

Semedo
Coady/Another
Kilman
Ait Nouri

Neves
Dendonker

MGW

Traore/Podence/Trincao
Jimenez
Neto (When fit)

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was surprised they let MGW go out after his bright pre-season ( and despite zero midfield recruitment) but now he’s out and thriving Id leave the poor lad be. Really dont think any of the others would really strengthen the squad significantly. Have a feeling the window may pass us by once again- unless Jeff gets an offer he can’t refuse (“good business”- wise) that feeds the coffers and then forces a token purchase to placate the fans/ coach!
So I wouldnt recall any of them but I think it highly likely that MGW and Sanderson will be recalled if just to tide us over for a few weeks.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will have to bring back Sanderson as we wont have enough centre backs. I could even see them bringing Gomes back as well.

We have to do something in January JOS and I reckon we will know very early in the month. Reinforcements are required whether they are permanent transfers or bringing back loan players.

It could be an interesting transfer window.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did Bruno not say that he was considering calling Sanderson back? I would have him and MGW (who I never understood was allowed to go on loan in the first place) back. The problem with that is that Bruno is even more conservative in team selection than Nuno was and they could easily be left sitting on the bench for the remainder of the season. I wouldn't risk bringing Giles back for that very reason. I'm surprised that Ronan wasn't included on the list, I know many on here are highly critical of the Scottish Premiership but I would suggest it is on a par with or slightly better that the top Swiss division. Also aren't Jonny and Neto due back in January? Do we really need to buy replacements in January?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** me, if our season is to rely on a bunch of youngsters then God help us all. I thought we were a club aiming to get to the next level? If Coady is injured we will have to draft in a cb as cover - Sanderson? January will give us all an indication of where Fosun want to take us; at the moment it looks like bottom half, which considering where we were 18 months ago is pretty damn poor.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW would walk into our current first eleven ahead of Hwang and Trincao who are contributing zilch in the last month.
If I'm honest, I think he'll end up in the same boat as trincao, showing a fee nice touches here and there but largely not playing a part.

Back
Top Bottom