Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Where are the goals going to come from?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strikers cost money and in this window we’ve strengthened other areas we badly needed to. With Fabio and Sasa coming back, Raul and Costa probably off I would fully expect us to sign exactly what we need in this area in the summer.

Just need to find some reliable routes to goal between now and the end of the season to stay in the league. It’s a gamble but I’d assume it’s a well thought out gamble.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically the goals aren't going to come from everywhere. They are going to come from the 2 wings and the occasional Neves wondergoal/penalty.
We are where we were before, but with more options and fitter players. Will that be enough? Who knows.

MIKE SLATER

Groupie
Reaction score
You do know ridiculous means laughable. Seriously, though I think your right, Cunha will keep us up

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So yes, we have a serious goal creation problem and (though recent numbers may be skewed by playing City)
We've played Everton, West ham, Man City, Man United and villa. I would argue that was a pretty fair representation of the league, rather than skewed in any way!

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll be working on getting more goals from midfield rather than relying on the forward line. The whole team needs to improve and to create more chances and then we need to start finding a way to take some of them. We have been creating opportunities but failing to finish. That is the biggest change we need... that plus VAR going our way occasionally and bent ref's actually doing their job properly.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like I said a couple of days ago, 25 goals in the last 18 games at least. Three down already

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Basically the goals aren't going to come from everywhere. They are going to come from the 2 wings and the occasional Neves wondergoal/penalty.
We are where we were before, but with more options and fitter players. Will that be enough? Who knows.

You were saying?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll be working on getting more goals from midfield rather than relying on the forward line. The whole team needs to improve and to create more chances and then we need to start finding a way to take some of them. We have been creating opportunities but failing to finish. That is the biggest change we need... that plus VAR going our way occasionally and bent ref's actually doing their job properly.
I think this pretty neatly sums up what happened today. No threat whatsoever from the 'strikers' but goals from a defender and a mf. We created good chances and finished them. We also got the rub of the green today (for a change) as well for the og and the ball headed out straight to Dawson.
I'll be happy when a forward other than podence actually starts scoring :)

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m starting to think the solution to the goals problem is Craig Dawson… he must of won 15 headers in our box today! Just imagine how many he’ll score if we stop fannying around with short corners!

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Time to bump this thread again. Lots of players getting it in the neck- the usual scapegoats. But the single biggest glaring weakness is not their fault. And the players whose fault it is need to be called out.

There are three players on our books considered Centre Forwards who are very badly letting the side down and are performing nowhere near expectations. They are the single worst set of Centre Forwards in the League. They can't hold the ball up, they can't run the channels, they can't shoot, and they haven't scored a goal since last March.

I get its a team game and they need service, but this team also needs them to step up, take the game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen. They are owed it. I know they all have different personal issues and battles but Raul, Costa and Cunha really do have a lot to answer for. They are badly letting their team mates, the management and the fans down. I wouldn't be surprised if they are taking home a cool £250k between them every week. For what?

I don't care if Nunes misplaced a few passes, if Semedo's crossing could be better, if Podence was anonymous when coming back from injury or if Moutinho has lost any athleticism he had. The biggest problem is not their fault. It is Raul's, Costa's and Cunha's and until they man up and deal with it, we will remain relegation candidates.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Closing in on a full calendar year without a striker scoring a league goal. It really is crazy. No wonder we are in a scrap to survive.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Closing in on a full calendar year without a striker scoring a league goal. It really is crazy. No wonder we are in a scrap to survive.
It's crazy that we didn't get in a number 9 in January.

In the summer we did at least finally take steps to address the issue and signed Sasa. He got injured, we again took steps to get a number 9 and signed Costa because he was a free agent. He hasn't scored any goals. So, then the market re-opens and we decide to do nothing. It's very strange..

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's crazy that we didn't get in a number 9 in January.

In the summer we did at least finally take steps to address the issue and signed Sasa. He got injured, we again took steps to get a number 9 and signed Costa because he was a free agent. He hasn't scored any goals. So, then the market re-opens and we decide to do nothing. It's very strange..
By all accounts, Cunha is the number 9 that Julen wanted. One look at his goal scoring record seemed to indicate he wasn’t the answer but here we are.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s extraordinary. It’s been the elephant in the room since David Luiz intervened in our collective lives, and here we are…

Nothing seen yesterday suggests that for all the spending, the issue has been properly addressed!!

Imagine having agreed to spend all that money and still going down because we can’t score any goals!!!

Nightmare…

Back
Top Bottom