Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Where are our points coming from?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goal shy Wolves have 11 goals, whereas Forest have 13.

They also have more points. So I guess what I’m saying is fine margins are going to make a huge difference come the end of the season.

Currently all the margins aren’t really in our favour.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really think the West Ham game is a toss of a coin. They're nowhere near as bad as other sides down there and have been very unfortunate at times this season. Plus, I think Zouma is back against us and he makes a massive difference, might even be the first time him and Aguerd play together. So, it's a very, very tough game.

Anyway, after that it's City and Liverpool.

If we don't beat West Ham it's 14 or 15 points from 21 games if we lose to City and Liverpool, which is obviously highly likely.

That leaves us is in a pretty disastrous situation and with many teams playing each other over the next few weeks, we're probably going to be 5/6 points from safety at least.

That puts is under so much pressure. Of course, it's still possible to come back from and we need to believe but there's no doubting it's going to be very, very difficult.

We need to pick up at least three points from these next three games just to stay in touch IMO. So, there's a lot riding on this West Ham game.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All I know is I can't even get 4 results right on a weekend yet alone the next 20.

It's going to be a close call either way I think we all knew that, we've started ok under Julen and with a few signings and depending how Cunha settles in we look like we are going to be a completely different side the second half of the season so it gives me more hope.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
how many wins do you think then out of interest?

we played the best we've played for years last night, and came away with 1 goal, and 1 point.

I hate to break it to you mate, but playing well, and consistently only scoring 1 goal in games isn't a recipe to stay in this division.
Or to put it another way, since Lopetegui arrived we've won at Everton, been a bit unlucky to lose to United and outplayed an in form Villa for most of the game. You've somehow turned us playing well into a negative.

Not that any of that was really my point, which was literally wasted on you.

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone looked at the fixtures for Crystal Palace, other than Southampton I can see them going on a good run of losses maybe another team in the ****e

Well it made me look. If that was our fixture list, half this forum would already have given up!

To enlighten people, Palace's games are

Chelsea (a)
Newcastle (h)
Man U (a)
Brighton (h)
Brentford (a)
Liverpool (h)
Villa (a)
Man City (h)
Arsenal (a)

Obviously they have a much easier run (on paper) after that, but they could easily get dragged into a scrap by the end of February

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole point of this thread is to say we are down and your mad if don't think so. It's like, look look we will never beat them or them or them and if we do beat them then look who we have next we will never beat them.
One or two results and expectations shift massivly. Look at Forest everyone's favourite laughing stock signing MGW for 40m ha. Now they are above us and looking a lot less like whipping boys.
Our own expectations are sadly weighed down by those first 15 games, but we are already a different prospect. In the last 3 we have been more organised, more determined and are getting fitter and are definitely creating more chances. Therefore we just have to not get beaten by the past or the future unknown, it's only what we do each and every day until we are safe or R that counts.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got that old Nuno feeling going into games now under Julen, I feel like we can get a result in every game we play. Even last night with 9 changes v their strongest possible 11 I felt we could beat them.

The question 'Where are our points coming from?' For me, Everywhere!

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got that old Nuno feeling going into games now under Julen, I feel like we can get a result in every game we play. Even last night with 9 changes v their strongest possible 11 I felt we could beat them.

Certainly not Mike ****ing Dean.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes - I do as well now.

Under Lage, as soon as we conceded I felt: That's that then. Under Julen, I just feel we have something about us.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have looked so much better under JL. If we can get some quality additions in January I feel very confident we will pull away from the relegation zone. Leeds and Saints are being linked with some good players so it is important that we strengthen too. Personally I think Bournemouth, Everton and Forest will be relegated.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we are back to now being able to give anyone a good game. I wouldn't be surprised if we take points off Man City and Liverpool. We have got everything needed to take all three points from West Ham.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it made me look. If that was our fixture list, half this forum would already have given up!

To enlighten people, Palace's games are

Chelsea (a)
Newcastle (h)
Man U (a)
Brighton (h)
Brentford (a)
Liverpool (h)
Villa (a)
Man City (h)
Arsenal (a)

Obviously they have a much easier run (on paper) after that, but they could easily get dragged into a scrap by the end of February
Ouch!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really think the West Ham game is a toss of a coin. They're nowhere near as bad as other sides down there and have been very unfortunate at times this season. Plus, I think Zouma is back against us and he makes a massive difference, might even be the first time him and Aguerd play together. So, it's a very, very tough game.

Anyway, after that it's City and Liverpool.

If we don't beat West Ham it's 14 or 15 points from 21 games if we lose to City and Liverpool, which is obviously highly likely.

That leaves us is in a pretty disastrous situation and with many teams playing each other over the next few weeks, we're probably going to be 5/6 points from safety at least.

That puts is under so much pressure. Of course, it's still possible to come back from and we need to believe but there's no doubting it's going to be very, very difficult.

We need to pick up at least three points from these next three games just to stay in touch IMO. So, there's a lot riding on this West Ham game.

Yeah, very similar to the Villa game for me. Either side could have won that 2-1.

Lose it and I think you're right, with the teams around us playing each other, we could be rock bottom after Liverpool on 4th Feb, with Southampton and Bournemouth then becoming 9 pointers, let alone 6 pointers.

I don't think we will be as far adrift as you think though. Maybe 4 points from safety by the start of Feb if we lose to West Ham.

From the next 6 league games West Ham home, Man City away, Liverpool home, Southampton away, Bournemouth home, Fulham away, we could really do with 9 or 10 points. Big ask!

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Performances are improving every game so far. Believe under Julen and the playing squad we have there is enough to get enough results to keep us up. Table looks bad currently but there is a lot of teams who can be dragged into a relegation scrap. 13th is only 3 points away currently.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Villa (A) - W
West Ham (H) - W
City (A) - W
Liverpool (H) - W
Southampton (A) - W
Bournemouth (H) - W
Fulham (A) - W
Spurs (H) - W
Newcastle (A) - W
Leeds (H) - W
Forest (A) - W
Chelsea (H) - W
Brentford (H) - W
Leicester (A) - W
Palace (H) - W
Brighton (A) - W
Villa (H) - W
United (A) - W
Everton (H) - W
Arsenal (A) - W

Get the passports out!

Jade you were the only one to get the Liverpool result right as far as I can see, no prize unfortunately but 2/4 so far.

Anyone else want to rethink their answers now?

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jade you were the only one to get the Liverpool result right as far as I can see, no prize unfortunately but 2/4 so far.

Anyone else want to rethink their answers now?
I don't contribute to this prediction thread, but I do predict on another where there are 96 participants. Only 5 of those, including me, predicted a Wolves win. In view of Liverpool's recent form and the impact of JL on the team, I couldn't see it any other way, Even the pundits all went for a draw. I also predicted the Wolves win at Liverpool on 29 December 2011. I suppose it is down to interpretation of the circumstances and a bit of luck.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't contribute to this prediction thread, but I do predict on another where there are 96 participants. Only 5 of those, including me, predicted a Wolves win. In view of Liverpool's recent form and the impact of JL on the team, I couldn't see it any other way, Even the pundits all went for a draw. I also predicted the Wolves win at Liverpool on 29 December 2011. I suppose it is down to interpretation of the circumstances and a bit of luck.

Any chance of picking my ACCA for this weekend?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saints away WIN
Bournemouth home WIN
Fulham away WIN
Liverpool away DRAW
Tottenham home WIN
Newcastle away LOSS
Leeds home WIN
Forest away DRAW
Chelsea home WIN
Brentford home WIN
Leicester away DRAW
Palace home WIN
Brighton away LOSS
Villa home WIN
Man Utd away LOSS
Everton home WIN
Arsenal away LOSS

The European race is back on for Jules!!

33pts =53pts maybe get top 10?!

D

Deleted member (smith)

Saints away WIN
Bournemouth home WIN
Fulham away WIN
Liverpool away DRAW
Tottenham home WIN
Newcastle away LOSS
Leeds home WIN
Forest away DRAW
Chelsea home WIN
Brentford home WIN
Leicester away DRAW
Palace home WIN
Brighton away LOSS
Villa home WIN
Man Utd away LOSS
Everton home WIN
Arsenal away LOSS

You are obviously sniffing the good stuff .

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Saints away WIN
Bournemouth home WIN
Fulham away WIN
Liverpool away DRAW
Tottenham home WIN
Newcastle away LOSS
Leeds home WIN
Forest away DRAW
Chelsea home WIN
Brentford home WIN
Leicester away DRAW
Palace home WIN
Brighton away LOSS
Villa home WIN
Man Utd away LOSS
Everton home WIN
Arsenal away LOSS

You realise you have got us winning every home game?

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All about Home Form

Leeds, Everton, Villa, Palace, Bournemouth, Brentford at Home (and even Spurs and Chelsea don’t currently hold normal fear).

Away looks tricky

Arsenal, Manchester United, Newcastle, Liverpool, Brighton, Fulham and even Forest and Leicester are both in decent home form.

So all about the home fixtures with an unexpected point here and there away.

So - we need to be 12th man and really support the lads. Starting Saturday vs Bournemouth.

Back
Top Bottom