Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What's up Doc?

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's have a special mention for this guy today. Looked absolutely knackered after three minutes, did sod all when he was on, slow, cumbersome, may as well have not been on the pitch

****ing awful
Certainly a strange substitution. Needed some fresh impetus in the game and we bring Docherty on for a forward. Baffling!!

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's have a special mention for this guy today. Looked absolutely knackered after three minutes, did sod all when he was on, slow, cumbersome, may as well have not been on the pitch

****ing awful
Doherty always looked perma-tired, even when scoring.

I thought he did alright.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His **** and tits are as big as mine.

Not acceptable for a PL player. He's been here long enough to lose that timber.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

****ing awful
Harsh ,

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can understand the Doc coming on we were overun in midfield needed to get a foot in and the doc can also get up the pitch and affect the box, but not Cuhna going off

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

****ing awful
And yet still did more than Silva by getting on the end of a cross to the back post, thought he may have put it away as he has done numerous times in the past....
You've got no idea!

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

****ing awful

Set Semedo up with a golden chance that was blocked....

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am totally against O'Neil as a Premier League manager, but there was logic to this sub.

Robertson and their left side was running riot in the second half. Whether it's injury or not, Hwang was not tracking back properly, and he needed to be subbed.

After Doherty came on, Robertson's influence down the left was restricted (and yet we still managed to let him win them the game), so you could argue it worked.

However, I'd question why a more attack-minded player couldn't have done the same job.

The biggest issues with the subs were RAN and Lemina going off with 'injuries'.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think its a bad call playing Doc and Semedo together, the Doc affects the box more than Semedo and between them can keep it tight down the right. Semedo is frustraiting in so much as he has great ability but the amount of space and goals that have come from the right side is concerning

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I am totally against O'Neil as a Premier League manager, but there was logic to this sub.

Robertson and their left side was running riot in the second half. Whether it's injury or not, Hwang was not tracking back properly, and he needed to be subbed.

After Doherty came on, Robertson's influence down the left was restricted (and yet we still managed to let him win them the game), so you could argue it worked.

However, I'd question why a more attack-minded player couldn't have done the same job.

The biggest issues with the subs were RAN and Lemina going off with 'injuries'.
I agree with all that, except that the biggest issue for me was Fabio rather than Sasa for Cunha. Ball never stuck up front again.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think its a bad call playing Doc and Semedo together, the Doc affects the box more than Semedo and between them can keep it tight down the right. Semedo is frustraiting in so much as he has great ability but the amount of space and goals that have come from the right side is concerning
4-5-1 mick did the same with foley rm it worked

Bentley
Semedo Kilman Toti RAN
Doc Lemina Gomes Bellegarde Neto
Sasa

Use the likes of Semedo doc ran Neto to link up get the high balls across to Sasa and others

Might make us more competitive in the second half of games if Garden Gnome Gary can work it out

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with all that, except that the biggest issue for me was Fabio rather than Sasa for Cunha. Ball never stuck up front again.
Yeah.

Trying to be kind to O'Neil, but could see the logic with that as well. Fabio is more mobile and Liverpool were pushed right up, and that mobility with Cunha was key to us playing well first half. Can Sasa be effective against a defence that is on the halfway line?

I really think Lemina and Ait-Nouri let us down by going off as they did yesterday. I will obviously take it back if they're injured, but I don't think they are. It happens far too often with Ait-Nouri, not sure he has the heart when the going gets tough, and Lemina seemed far too keen to come off with cramp considering he is supposed to be our leader/warrior.

If those two had stayed on, or even just one, then Sasa could have come on on about 80 mins to partner Silva to give us more of an outlet.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

****ing awful
He created a chance semedo missed

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And yet still did more than Silva by getting on the end of a cross to the back post, thought he may have put it away as he has done numerous times in the past....
You've got no idea!
He was awful pal, worst player on the pitch when he came on, not even close. He was only ever useful in a very specific role at this level, he's completely done now

Benny78

Reaction score
I know he isn’t the answer for us progressing however what a champ Doc is. Reported he shouldn’t really have played with a groin strain but fronts up and puts in 90, no complaints. He was much loved before and I still love the guy- still as honest as ever and a top squad member.

Benny78

Reaction score
In true fashion, I had to trawl back half a dozen pages to find his thread.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he isn’t the answer for us progressing however what a champ Doc is. Reported he shouldn’t really have played with a groin strain but fronts up and puts in 90, no complaints. He was much loved before and I still love the guy- still as honest as ever and a top squad member.
Agree. Changed my verdict on his performance a lot reading that. Well done Doc!

floydstreet

Reaction score
yep, he was a little below normal for me but then having read why I think a fantastic attitude and performance.
A great option and in context - the only summer signing in our starting eleven.

which equally tells you how little we spent this summer vs sales and equally tells you what a decent job GON AND the players are presently doing

Back
Top Bottom