Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What were your expectations?

Expected Finish:

• Top 2

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Playoffs

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Midtable

Votes: 98 81.0%
  • Relegation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
After a terrific spell the last few games have deflated a lot of sails. Being honest with yourself though at the start of the season where did you see us finishing? Myself thought mid table as I thought this league would be tough.

1, Top 2
2, Playoffs
3, Midtable
4, Relegation

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we'd finish about 9th or 10th. However, with the way the season has panned out, it's ludicrous that we haven't made the top six. Losing at Blues and only getting a point yesterday are both shocking results given the standard of opposition.

But it's been a successful season no matter what. We've got a platform to build on now and only top six will be good enough next year IMO, given how close we've come this time.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top half would of been progression and that's what I would of been happy with.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'Happy' with mid-table? Total nonsense!!!! Record point scorers in League 1, mid-table should have been a minimum. It certainly isnt progression.

DawleyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wasnt there a poll on this question before the season started?

C

ChesterWolf

Thought we'd challenge for the play offs for most the season but fall a bit short, but we have exceeded my expectations in regards to points tally.

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought 10thish so put mid table. As things went on though I thought we might nick in so my optimism rose.

Next season I think top six with a chance of auto.

D

Deleted member 4436

It's impossible at the start of the season to say 'x' would be a good position, without seeing how the league pans out.

Looking back at key moments in the season - i think it was November? We didn't win a game. I don't even think we picked up a point. It coincided with Dicko getting injured and playing Clarke upfront on his own.

Even a very average November would have picked up 3/4 points, and we'd be right in it. For me, the blame has to lay at the blame of the board for a genuinely atrocious Summer and appalling recruitment.

It's not been a bad season - but looking at Ipswich yesterday, it's not been great, has it. We've done okay.

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In the pre season poll I thought we would manage to finish at least as high as Bournemouth did when they were promoted. They were 10th and we cannot be lower than 8th. I did not expect promotion this season and am happy with the progress made so far. I think that the bulk of the poll indicated a mid table finish.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we'd finish about 9th or 10th. However, with the way the season has panned out, it's ludicrous that we haven't made the top six. Losing at Blues and only getting a point yesterday are both shocking results given the standard of opposition.

But it's been a successful season no matter what. We've got a platform to build on now and only top six will be good enough next year IMO, given how close we've come this time.

Pretty much where I stand on it too.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
At the start of the season I felt 12th. Anything above that would be fantastic, anything below disappointing.

With two games to go, we're going to finish somewhere between 6th-8th, so for me we've had a fantastic season. Tinged with disappointment at just falling short of the Play-Offs, but people will do well to remember where we were when Kenny took over, and the progress we've made.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Have consistently said 8-10th with the potential for slightly higher with sensible investment. Unfortunately, the Afobe signing came too late and we ultimately paid the price for:

(a) not having sufficient cover/strength in depth to cover the absence of Dicko and defensive lapses in November.
(b) some poor/unfortunate individual errors in crucial games over the last week.

Am still pretty pleased with the season overall though and the development of some of our younger players. Slightly above my expectations.

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed,

I thought 10th but am now disappointed if we don't make the play offs.

And I still don't get any of the its too early to go up, we will be promoted next seaon fans.

All teams that go up will have to spend in order to stay up. It is still possible that the 3 promoted teams from last season will come back down this season but with a lot of money to spend on new players (QPR aside due to FFP). We will be losing our "star" player and a lot of people have more faith than me that SM (or JM) will be investing money in our side.

Jed Wallace will sign as the next big thing, I really hope I am proved wrong and we sign 3/4 quality players of the standard to get us promoted but I just can't see it.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Minimum of play-offs. For Wolves this should always be the ambition.

Reason this wasn't accomplished was down purely to lack of ambition from the top management and the lack of resources to compete.

W

we8wba

I thought we'd end up being where Blackburn and sheff weds are around 10-12th but never in the mix

Will board, managment and players spoke good game before season in promotion talk, sadly everyone talks good game off it

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Thought we would be lower mid table provided we had few injuries. The team has performed well above my expectations, so massive well done to Jackett and the players for doing so well this season.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Play offs for me..... Gutted that we have blown up at the wrong time and given silly points away.
This league is not great this season and if you guys thought finishing 10-12th would be great, I'd be inclined to to disappointed that missing out on a possible top 2 due to lack of investment and recruitment in the right areas and right time.
But anyone think we'll do better next season with loss of Sako (yes we have a good win ratio without him) but he offers something other players cannot .... Fear in opposition.
This might change with Afobe next year, but how long we keep him is another matter.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you had told me THAT day after Brighton away that we would be back and finishing just outside the play-offs within a year i would have laughed at you, KJ has worked miracles here, i fully expect play-offs next season but its been a good season either way

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With a young side, with little Championship experience , and no perceived strengthening in the summer . I didn't expect as much as we got. I am not one of those who are happy just because my low expectations were exceeded. I am very unhappy :dong:

B

BigBadWolfie

There was a poll before the start of season and I said it would depend on investment in the team.

At the time I didn't think we were investing enough to better a top ten finish. Not enough for Automatic promotion or the play offs. We needed an Afobe type signing for the whole season (Wilson) and quality centre half (Maguire). The fact we are flirting with the Play offs is above expectation. We are slightly above where I expected us to be and that is down to the signing of Afobe in January.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Essex Wolf

Midtable.

Where things went wrong for me is I believed all the hype and BS being spouted about promotion and at one point Wolves actually started to look as though they really did have a chance.

D

Deleted member 4453

think I said 8/9/10th, cant remember.
Anything else would've been a massive bonus, so I guess I cant really moan.

Once you get in the mix, you want to carry on for aslong as possible

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I thought with a couple of improvements we could make the top 6.

Afobe was one............:dong:

Oh well!

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

I expected (and would have been happy enough with) midtable, being closer to the play-offs rather than relegation, giving us a season of consolidation and something to build on for the future. To be right in the thick of things as more expensively assembled teams have fallen right away has been very pleasing.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I thought we would finish about 8th with a chance of a run at the play-offs. That's how I remember it anyway!

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
'Happy' with mid-table? Total nonsense!!!! Record point scorers in League 1, mid-table should have been a minimum. It certainly isnt progression.

absolutely.

i predicted 2nd at the start and it was actually quite achievable.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Somewhere around 7th to 10th I thought was a realistic target so we've not done badly at all.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pushing for the play offs. Disappointed with how things have unraveled in the last week but pleased with the season as a whole.

Next season = play offs as a minimum, hopefully with at least a decent tilt at automatic.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course I would have loved to seen Wolves go up, however that said I was wary to under estimate the gap between league one and championship.

Yes Wolves romped through League one, but Championship was always going to be a different kettle of fish.

I had hoped for a play-off place but too many poor runs amongst the good runs have cost wolves this season.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back to the OP, I predicted midtable. Still disappointed by letting top 6 slip away

P

Phys Ed Wolf

I've said 7th all season. To still be in with a shout at this stage (although a slim one) is a good effort.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought with a couple of improvements we could make the top 6.

Afobe was one............:dong:

Oh well!

Timing as well. Afobe 3 months earlier. Or in fact someone to replace Clarke three months earlier.

W

Wichenford Wolf

Before the season started I expected a below midtable finish because I thought that top league one teams equal lower Championship. I have been surprised by the poor quality of some of the teams in this division and amazed that Watford and Bournemouth remain ahead of Derby - who I thought would romp the league this year. If we add five new quality players in the close season I think we should make top six next year. For automatic, I think we need eight to have a strong enough squad.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you had told me THAT day after Brighton away that we would be back and finishing just outside the play-offs within a year i would have laughed at you, KJ has worked miracles here, i fully expect play-offs next season but its been a good season either way

Spot on . At the start of the season I said 10th . With backing , a clearing of the dross and the signings of 4-5 quality players promotion next season is very possible . Its an exciting league the Championship but as Wolves fans we always say if we havent gone up its been a bad season - this year is different - I feel happy the posionous bomb squad have gone and that overall weve done well after 2 successive relegations and then the promotion last season . I really believe though that we need an experienced captain who will have real impact on the pitch - I believe out of those 4/5 quality signings all should have such qualities but one should be a stand out leader .

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Midtable before the season started. We have done well to get where we are still with a very faint chance gatecrashing the playoffs

Back
Top Bottom