Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 244 66.1%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 31 8.4%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 4.3%

• Total voters

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The answer to that is simple. Who would pay him more ?
And if someone thinks he is worth more than a Championship player, then great pay him that and loan him out.
The Championship average salary is £7k per week. There are plenty of clubs who could afford that and would see Fabio as a worthwhile risk on a free! He'd get a nice signing on fee for him and his Dad too then.

Not sure why someone would sign him and loan him out though.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if his open market value is so low we may as well give him a five year contract at a low salary (around your average Championship player).
Then farm him out to subsidise that low salary and hope he may come good at another club. By then he will be 26 or older .

Some of the comments on here make me crease. "Market value is so low". Saw someone else say we should give him away for free with a 50% sell on.

He's 21 and just started and assisted in a Europa League quarter final. You're speaking like he's Connor Ronan.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Championship average salary is £7k per week. There are plenty of clubs who could afford that and would see Fabio as a worthwhile risk on a free! He'd get a nice signing on fee for him and his Dad too then.

Not sure why someone would sign him and loan him out though.
I don't think you are getting my drift. We would need to match what he would get elsewhere and add a bit more, for that premium to him we continue to control him if he does develop as some on here think he will.
Of course we could write him off from £35 million to zero and be done with it.

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of the comments on here make me crease. "Market value is so low". Saw someone else say we should give him away for free with a 50% sell on.

He's 21 and just started and assisted in a Europa League quarter final. You're speaking like he's Connor Ronan.
In a way you have proved my point. He could improve his value from here, and Wolves will lose out.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think you are getting my drift. We would need to match what he would get elsewhere and add a bit more, for that premium to him we continue to control him if he does develop as some on here think he will.
Of course we could write him off from £35 million to zero and be done with it.
Fair enough, you did say pay him a Championship wage:)

If we go with pay him a bit more than he's offered, there's still no guarantee he'd sign. In fact I don't think he would and certainly not the 5 years you suggested. If I was him I'd be wanting guarantees of playing time, which we rightly shouldn't be offering either.

The likelihood is we need to take what we get offered for him and write it down to experience.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has just scored against nine man Hibs.

Took it well to be fair, but it had been a poor performance from him up to that point. A few nice touches but lacks the explosiveness you'd want from an attacker.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope he does very well and makes a great name for himself at Rangers, but let’s face it Rangers don’t have the money to pay a huge fee. Their record signing was c£12M in the year 2000!! And more recently they have paid c£6-6.5M in 2019 and 2023.
I would like to think that we might get a bit more than that for him.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Took the goal well but unmarked as Hibs down to 9 men. Shame Rs don't have the money as I expect GON will want to move him on in the summer and unless he gets a hat-trick v Benfica on Friday his resale figure is quite low; another loan?

fleck1

Reaction score
It's interesting how people view and twist things to suit an agenda. Fabio 21 spent last season scoring 16 goals and 6 assists in the top league in Belgium, Holland and the Europa league last season. This season has 6 goals and playing in Europe again but we should kick him out on a free with a sell on as he's worth nothing. Forget the fee absolutely nothing to do with him it was a Mendes/Porto favour as we were warned at the begining of all this, you'd get some good deals but would repay it somewhere along the line. Yet if you read the Fraser thread this morning he has a huge future and needs game time, he was tidy enough, put himself about, but nothing stand out where you thing this kid is special and like Fabio lacks pace. Fraser's loan was lined up with Shrewsbury, Fabio ended up at Anderlecht, PSV and Rangers

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's interesting how people view and twist things to suit an agenda. Fabio 21 spent last season scoring 16 goals and 6 assists in the top league in Belgium, Holland and the Europa league last season. This season has 6 goals and playing in Europe again but we should kick him out on a free with a sell on as he's worth nothing. Forget the fee absolutely nothing to do with him it was a Mendes/Porto favour as we were warned at the begining of all this, you'd get some good deals but would repay it somewhere along the line. Yet if you read the Fraser thread this morning he has a huge future and needs game time, he was tidy enough, put himself about, but nothing stand out where you thing this kid is special and like Fabio lacks pace. Fraser's loan was lined up with Shrewsbury, Fabio ended up at Anderlecht, PSV and Rangers
Totally. Couple of posts above saying his resale value is low - he's 21 and starting and assisting in Europa League knockouts against former CL teams, just as he did last year.

He's worth plenty and still playing at a very high level for his age.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The premier league is the toughest fastest league in the world
Fabio is neither tough nor fast
Nice lad but will not cut it here in the Prem ever as he won’t get faster and is unlikely to get a lot tougher.
He has found his level in the leagues he has played in . Hibernian lose to Sheff Inited and Burnley most days and even third place Hearts would only be championship level at best . Rangers and Celtic on their day woukd give most premier teams a game but would lose as many as they win . I would back any English premier team to beat rangers if they made a European final .

Good luck to the lad, get 10m plus sell ons and hope he jackpots in Europe

We were completely and utterly skanked by Mendes and Shis Hubris. What’s done is done and we move on

Reactions: Ian

fleck1

Reaction score
Totally. Couple of posts above saying his resale value is low - he's 21 and starting and assisting in Europa League knockouts against former CL teams, just as he did last year.

He's worth plenty and still playing at a very high level for his age.
If he wasn't already our player what fee are you being quoted for a 20/21 year old striker who's broken through and scored 16 goals and created 6 more last season for Anderlecht or PSV.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If he wasn't already our player what fee are you being quoted for a 20/21 year old striker who's broken through and scored 16 goals and created 6 more last season for Anderlecht or PSV.
I would use my eyes and say that lad ain't a premiership striker. As most of the players who play in those leagues aren't.

Please, if he has value above book, sell him. That would be wonderful.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would use my eyes and say that lad ain't a premiership striker. As most of the players who play in those leagues aren't.

Please, if he has value above book, sell him. That would be wonderful.
Sometimes you have to look at the players limitations and compare it to the style the team wants to play. Currently our fast fluid front three needs speed or strength. Fabio has neither. Fraser has strength but for our system Carlton Morris from Luton would be perfect. Scores and tough as old boots and has a strikers instinct for positions which Fabio really never did

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the same age Harry Kane was at Millwall, Leicester and Norwich getting hammered by their fans for being rubbish.
Hate Harry Kane but he has strength and Nous. He buys free kicks and is a clinical finisher . Fabio is miles behind Kane in the finishing stakes even at 21

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just had a wee look at some Rangers forum and there's multiple people saying he's a) not a centre forward and b) better on the left. Glad to see he's doing well though - difficult to say if that's due to form/run of games/position/mentality etc or just being in a league that is bottom half Championship standard.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had a wee look at some Rangers forum and there's multiple people saying he's a) not a centre forward and b) better on the left. Glad to see he's doing well though - difficult to say if that's due to form/run of games/position/mentality etc or just being in a league that is bottom half Championship standard.
If he’s better on the left then we could try him there?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
At the same age Harry Kane was at Millwall, Leicester and Norwich getting hammered by their fans for being rubbish.
This is the most over-used argument on here.
Some people thought Kane was rubbish and he turned out to be brilliant.
So as long as some people think someone's rubbish they'll probably turn out to be brilliant.

fleck1

Reaction score
Hate Harry Kane but he has strength and Nous. He buys free kicks and is a clinical finisher . Fabio is miles behind Kane in the finishing stakes even at 21
If you ask Millwall, Norwich or Leicester fans at that time they'd have been saying a lot of the same things you read on here. I'm not suggesting he's Harry kane or going to be anything like him. But to say he's worthless and has no market is ridiculous, last season shows he's a tidy young player, who needs to be playing games.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the most over-used argument on here.
Some people thought Kane was rubbish and he turned out to be brilliant.
So as long as some people think someone's rubbish they'll probably turn out to be brilliant.
That isn't the point though is it?
It's a call for patience on a guy that is going to get quicker smarter and stronger cos he's only 20.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's strange, in modern times young Fabio Silva has divided opinion on here more than any other player I can recall. It's very clear you are either in his camp and think he will come good or, like me, not in his camp and we need to get rid. I don't think whatever happens in Scotland will change people's opinion of him, for good or bad, one bit.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That isn't the point though is it?
It's a call for patience on a guy that is going to get quicker smarter and stronger cos he's only 20.
Yeah the argument isn't because Kane became that good that Fabio will, merely that judging him on what he's doing at 21 - at a very high level - as though that is his peak is very strange.

Ollie Watkins is the best striker in the league IMO but at 21 he wouldn't have been anywhere near PL standard. In fact he was in League 2. So to write Silva off as though he could never be PL quality is hard to fathom.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's strange, in modern times young Fabio Silva has divided opinion on here more than any other player I can recall. It's very clear you are either in his camp and think he will come good or, like me, not in his camp and we need to get rid. I don't think whatever happens in Scotland will change people's opinion of him, for good or bad, one bit.
I know he is still young, and a couple of years ago I was in the give hi time camp. He could still come good, but my view has changed to thinking he won't. I don't think he has the physicality, pace or overriding tactical nous, and imo a premier league striker probably needs at least one of them

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair Fabio has scored a similar number of goals by 21 to what Kane did. You seem to be comparing Fabio to the finished article Kane which is grossly unfair.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lots of love as a wide forward off the left. Want another season on loan but are fearful we’ll have him back (particularly if Neto goes).

With Cunha and Hwang really in that position already will depend on squad for next season.

If Neto replaced and a CF bought then front line is

Cunha CF Sarabia

With Hwang, Bellegarde and new RW available as rotation. Silva risks being 6th or 7th pick.

So a suitable loan fee and wages paid and I’d let him have another year on loan. Suspect we’ll have one more year of Cunha if he continues to develop. Silva back as an option on the left?

Back
Top Bottom