Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 244 66.1%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 31 8.4%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 4.3%

• Total voters

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'Oh we're 4-0 nil up, time to bring on Silva when it doesn't really matter'. The goal will be good for him but I expect him/Wolves would rather he be getting 90 mins rather than 15-30 now and again.
He’s not, the Rangers manager rotates so he starts every other game.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s not, the Rangers manager rotates so he starts every other game.
I don't think that's so tbh but even if it is he'll be taken off at about 50/55 mins. He went there to get game time which he isn't getting and at a level which is a joke. Imv he'd have been better going to a decent Champs side and hopefully have been their no 1 striker.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think that's so tbh but even if it is he'll be taken off at about 50/55 mins. He went there to get game time which he isn't getting and at a level which is a joke. Imv he'd have been better going to a decent Champs side and hopefully have been their no 1 striker.
Would he be a no. 1 striker for a championship side? Maybe, but not automatically. As a lone striker I'm actually quite skeptical. In a 2 I think he could be good....

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha had a thread on here about him basically being a waste of money, until the title was changed.

Hwang was being driven to Leeds by a lot on here.

i didn’t watch the game so i won’t make a comment on it.
I thought we might have been duped with Cunha; that he could be another Guedes.

I don't drive but would have still tried to drive Hwang to Leeds.

I know nothing about football except facts that have already happened. I'd be a terrible scout, coach, manager, director of football, owner.

PS: I also assumed that Gary's appointment was a temporary one whilst we sought out a proper manager.

Occasionally, I get things right but that's the law of averages at play. The only recent thing I can think of that was accurate was telling everybody at work (whilst we were halfway through the Championship season) that we'd do very well in the Premier League.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought this was a football forum? I believe there is an ignore button on here; please use it for my posts. Thanks
don’t be a dick. it’s always always picking a hole. don’t hide behind the opinion *******s and don’t share an opinion unless you’re willing to be challenged.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just pray Fabio keeps scoring as we can't afford to lose lots on his fee and Guedes really

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
don’t be a dick. it’s always always picking a hole. don’t hide behind the opinion *******s and don’t share an opinion unless you’re willing to be challenged.

Now don’t claim you don’t enjoy our chats!!!

Hahaha

Hope your having a good evening matey

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goal was good but his second chance was almost a worldie.
This is a good loan spell for him. No question that he'll be sold . I'd be surprised if he wants to come back anyway. We should get £15m -20m, I reckon, if he can keep scoring. .

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d still be tempted to hold onto him providing he’s happy to remain with us.
He has something imo, but whether that is premier league quality or not, I’m unsure. I feel he is developing and may come good, but I’m equally happy to accept him moving on and building a successful career elsewhere.

Edit: Thinking about how our team play atm, do people believe that Fabio would score goals in this team? I do, personally, but atm he doesn’t displace Cunha or Hwang, so there’s little chance to make an impact for us currently.

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Rangers win the league and qualify for CL I wonder what they could afford for him?
£15m is a lot for a Scottish team but I think possible if they make him a priority.
£10m and a 50% sell on clause??

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d still be tempted to hold onto him providing he’s happy to remain with us.
He has something imo, but whether that is premier league quality or not, I’m unsure. I feel he is developing and may come good, but I’m equally happy to accept him moving on and building a successful career elsewhere.

Edit: Thinking about how our team play atm, do people believe that Fabio would score goals in this team? I do, personally, but atm he doesn’t displace Cunha or Hwang, so there’s little chance to make an impact for us currently.
The whole club on and off the pitch seems better without him, in my opinion.
Every member of the current squad is there on merit. Unfortunately the price tag will follow him everywhere.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good goal yesterday, his movement. However in the premier league that would of been saved. If he comes back with confidence who knows

I think the expectation at Wolves has hurt him, he holds himself back a lot.

Will anyone want to buy him not sure. He’s definitely more suited to a slower league.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is what it is. The people responsible are no longer in charge of recruitment.
People really need to get over his cost! Yes it was a bad investment, but there have been far more good buys than bad. Forwards are always the biggest expense and biggest risk. Its far too easy to quantify the success of their role on their goals scored.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People really need to get over his cost! Yes it was a bad investment, but there have been far more good buys than bad. Forwards are always the biggest expense and biggest risk. Its far too easy to quantify the success of their role on their goals scored.
I think the fans are over it.. I think fabio feels the weight on his shoulders still in old gold

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure he does, but if its still being mentioned, not all are over it
Indeed. Some are still apparently obsessed with it. I cannot understand why having an opinion about the why and wherefore of the initial transaction, or even about the extent of his ability and potential, seems to have developed into a personal grudge and an apparent delight in any minor setback they perceive in his progress. I can, perhaps, understand a degree of antipathy to a player who is considered to be putting in poor or ineffective performances for the team you support, but to extend that to gloating when a player is substituted, remains on the bench, or fails to score for a team, in another league, is very odd. I wonder if they will get over it after he moves on permanently, or if this thread will continue indefinitely, irrespective of who he plays for and how successful he actually is?

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just sell him for a nominal value, maybe even for free, with a 50% sell on clause.

Get his wage off the books and let him start his career at a level he's actually at.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Indeed. Some are still apparently obsessed with it. I cannot understand why having an opinion about the why and wherefore of the initial transaction, or even about the extent of his ability and potential, seems to have developed into a personal grudge and an apparent delight in any minor setback they perceive in his progress. I can, perhaps, understand a degree of antipathy to a player who is considered to be putting in poor or ineffective performances for the team you support, but to extend that to gloating when a player is substituted, remains on the bench, or fails to score for a team, in another league, is very odd. I wonder if they will get over it after he moves on permanently, or if this thread will continue indefinitely, irrespective of who he plays for and how successful he actually is?
Talisca scored winner in Saudi league last night….

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I imagine we will loan him out again because selling for the type of fee we could get will cause an FFP problem

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine we will loan him out again because selling for the type of fee we could get will cause an FFP problem
I don’t think it will.

He’s in his 4th year of an initial 5 year contract and he’s costing us cicra £7.5 million a year in FFP terms.

So anything over that amount in the summer actually counts as a profit in those terms albeit a massive cash loss versus the total investment.

And just to add, this should mean we are able to also get the likes of Guedes also off the books for good.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guarantee you he's as nailed on to be sold this summer as is Neto.
Remember all those years Neves was nailed on to be sold?
You are probably right though, although could be interesting if we won the cup...!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think it will.

He’s in his 4th year of an initial 5 year contract and he’s costing us cicra £7.5 million a year in FFP terms.

So anything over that amount in the summer actually counts as a profit in those terms albeit a massive cash loss versus the total investment.

And just to add, this should mean we are able to also get the likes of Guedes also off the books for good.
He signed an extension before he went to Anderlecht, so his amortisation will have dropped slightly but he'll still have a book value somewhere around £11m at the end of this season

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Came on today in 35th minute.

Lost 2-1 at home

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Came on today in 35th minute.

Lost 2-1 at home
Just seen this on BBC Sport site. So 55 minutes today to make little or no impact v the might of Motherwell. I don't follow Scottish football but Motherwell are perhaps Lg 1/Champs level?

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Just seen this on BBC Sport site. So 55 minutes today to make little or no impact v the might of Motherwell. I don't follow Scottish football but Motherwell are perhaps Lg 1/Champs level?
Are you just going to keep coming in here to rip Fabio? What do you get out of continually running down one of our players? Even if you favor moving him on, surely you want him to do well so we maximize what we can get for him. I don’t get it…

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you just going to keep coming in here to rip Fabio? What do you get out of continually running down one of our players? Even if you favor moving him on, surely you want him to do well so we maximize what we can get for him. I don’t get it…
I suppose I'm ****ed off with the money we will lose on him coupled with the fact that each week in Scotland he gets some/little game time but has made no impact. Same today. We all have pet issues and it looks like he's mine. I'll be back on here next week to report again.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, we gotta hope that he does well, for himself and to hopefully recoup some of our money. No point in crying over spilt milk.

Otherwise, we can can move on and continue to enjoy this season.

Back
Top Bottom