Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 244 66.1%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 31 8.4%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 4.3%

• Total voters

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely that's what the Scottish prem is, though? It's really not a good standard, the top two aside.

To a point i agree, but he's joined a team with an established front line thats been doing fairly well so it was never going to be a move where he goes in and plays every week.

The other problem is i believe he is still looking for the move to a big club, even if its in scotland. He would probably have been better looking for a move to somewhere that actually needed a striker in the championship or as somebody said elsewhere, maybe the second tier in spain.

Keep saying it, but he's not going to achieve anything until he can rebuild his confidence, and he might not ever be able to do that.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the Rangers game for near on 20 minutes and Silva has not touched the ball once. He's playing for them like he did for us, up top, running about but never anywhere near where the ball is. It's such a poor game I can't take any more but from that glimpse of him I don't see he's improved at all, in fact I'd say he's still very much the same. I bet Rangers won't take him in June and so he'll end up back with us. We can't keep on sending him out on loan so I think we'll cut our losses on him and sell cheap.
Rangers couldn't afford him.

It's also one of the mildest days in months here, so if he can't do it today, he probably never will.

I still think there's a player in him though.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After today's allegedly awful performance (Scottish reporter on the radio) he might find himself stuck on the bench. I think we'd be better off selling him for a couple of million at the beginning of the summer.

The Portuguese Danny Crainie.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I watched the game today because Fabio was playing and couldn’t believe the standard of football. This rangers team would probably get relegated from the championship and their top.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How long is left on this chump's contract? 2 or 3?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the game today because Fabio was playing and couldn’t believe the standard of football. This rangers team would probably get relegated from the championship and their top.
They’re a mid table championship at best for me, with Premier League money they would be mid table Prem. huge club, **** league

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Jeez, that was a brutal watch. Rubbish game on a pitch destroyed by the last few weeks of biblical rainfall, finally finished off by the **** show that is VAR.

Fabio got nothing out of 38 year old Andy Considine or the cart horse who is Liam Gordon. A few nice flicks, but spent most of the game flinging himself to the deck at the slightest touch, rolling around the floor, then gesturing at the ref.

The disparity in Scottish football finances was summed up perfectly today by the fact Rangers starting striker cost Wolves £35m, whilst St Johnstone's was signed a couple of weeks ago from Warrington Rylands!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rangers couldn't afford him.

It's also one of the mildest days in months here, so if he can't do it today, he probably never will.

I still think there's a player in him though.
There really isn't. When you compare him to say Cunha or even Hwang they are hundreds of miles apart. He looks and plays like a player with no confidence which if you're a striker who rarely scores and gets just minutes here and there is not surprising. He has absolutely NO future with us and what to do with him in the summer will be a big decision for Shi and Co.
ps I see he was subbed today on 69 mins and didn't score in the 3-0 win.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There really isn't. When you compare him to say Cunha or even Hwang they are hundreds of miles apart. He looks and plays like a player with no confidence which if you're a striker who rarely scores and gets just minutes here and there is not surprising. He has absolutely NO future with us and what to do with him in the summer will be a big decision for Shi and Co.
ps I see he was subbed today on 69 mins and didn't score in the 3-0 win.
Cunha had a thread on here about him basically being a waste of money, until the title was changed.

Hwang was being driven to Leeds by a lot on here.

i didn’t watch the game so i won’t make a comment on it.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Silva's body doesn't seem to have developed much. He's somewhat skillful as an attacker. That's basically it.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's unbelievable that they won their Europa League group.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha had a thread on here about him basically being a waste of money, until the title was changed.

Hwang was being driven to Leeds by a lot on here.

i didn’t watch the game so i won’t make a comment on it.
We've all been proved wrong to a certain extent with a lot of personalities at Wolves, not least GON but also Semedo, RAN, Hwang and to a lesser extent Cunha. We've seen all these players improve massively and in a relatively short space of time but the more I see of Silva he's just standing still. For a season or 2 you can accept it as he was just a raw kid but he's been about a bit now and I just see little signs of progress. Of course, like the others, we'd all like to be proved wrong and he comes good (we need a top no 9) but I don't see it. I'm convinced he'll be away in the summer for good - we can't keep loaning him out.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do rangers have any players we could swap him for? Cantwell lol Danilo? Not that swap deals ever happen mind you

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We all need to hope he hits a purple patch here between now and season's end. Recoup some money this summer, and continue to learn from a costly mistake. There has been plenty of decent enough business to offset it for now.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's still struggling in a league where Christian Doidge, now plying his trade with Forest Green in League 2, banged them in.

Suspect getting all the cash we got for Neves has partially paid the debt on this aberration

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched 15 mins of rangers and silva ...awful , no movement, no pace ........then I watched hojlund for man united....light years apart !!!
But silvas only young ....oh hang on , so is hojlund

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We might move him somewhere for a very small amount or a free. He certainly has little value and is probably no better than Fraser.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He certainly has little value and is probably no better than Fraser.

I know Fabio's close to the exit door having pretty much failed here, and it's nice to think Fraser has a chance of making it because he's local and scored a couple of cup goals...

But this is really far off the mark. However bad people might think Fabio is, he's a regular goalscorer for Portugal youth teams and when he's available for loan, went to Anderlecht and PSV, and now Rangers, with other clubs in the Bundesliga and La Liga showing interest.

Fraser was going to Shrewsbury until we had to keep him due to messing up the end of the transfer window.

All in good time, but ultimately it just shows how ridiculous it is to allow Silva (and Sasa) to go on loan and leave Fraser as the only back up.

Bigcheese

Reaction score
He's the 2020 version of Robert Taylor.
Move him on and move on.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio Silvia

Is our very own Ali Dia from Southampton, Instead this one cost us 35 million.

Jeff really had his pants pulled down this one.

Still we seemed to have learned the hard way and thankfully no lasting damage with FFP.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know Fabio's close to the exit door having pretty much failed here, and it's nice to think Fraser has a chance of making it because he's local and scored a couple of cup goals...

But this is really far off the mark. However bad people might think Fabio is, he's a regular goalscorer for Portugal youth teams and when he's available for loan, went to Anderlecht and PSV, and now Rangers, with other clubs in the Bundesliga and La Liga showing interest.

Fraser was going to Shrewsbury until we had to keep him due to messing up the end of the transfer window.

All in good time, but ultimately it just shows how ridiculous it is to allow Silva (and Sasa) to go on loan and leave Fraser as the only back up.
Nah. For Wolves, Fraser is substantially better than Fabio.

Fabio doesn't follow directions. You can't trust him to do anything. He's just utterly unprofessional out there.

If he could have been trusted to at least follow directions out of possession and try to run to the right spots, he would have played more. He cannot be trusted to do that. Never mind how much he would **** his teammates off when the team had the ball. It drove Pedro Neto crazy in particular.

He might have a little more ability than Fraser, but it doesn't matter. He showed in autumn that he can't control himself.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still think his signing was a financial scam where Mendes rode Wolves.

Comments like this and the Ali Dia one are ridiculous. Yes we overpaid, but he was a legitimately elite youth striker and he has gone on to score goals in the Premier League and Europa League knock-outs. That already puts him in the top 1% of all professional players.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all need to hope he hits a purple patch here between now and season's end. Recoup some money this summer, and continue to learn from a costly mistake. There has been plenty of decent enough business to offset it for now.
The only purple patch will be his latest tattoo.
He's useless

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Make something up....say he was popped with PED's so they have to ****can him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom