Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shirt colour do you want?

Which shirt colour should we go with?

• Total voters

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There’s been a lot of discussion recently on shirt colours and “old gold” so thought it’d be interesting to see what shirt colour people would most like to see us in.

This isn’t about “what colour is old gold?” or “which shirt colour did you like best?” it’s trying to see what colour shirt everyone would like to see us in for say the next 5-10 years. I’ve pulled a few colours from old shirts and also added a new one similar to that seen on some of the Arsenal away kits and several American Football shirts.

I know the colours will look slightly different depending on what phone/monitor that you’re viewing on but hopefully it’ll give a good indication of what fans want. Hopefully Fosun will run a similar poll, it’d be really easy to do either at Molineux or/and online.

If you don’t like any of them pick the one you’d find least offensive.

1 E966C366-F9DA-4702-B070-EE857E63DBE7.jpeg

2 CBDFDCFA-BE51-4894-B829-1E1D338A34B1.jpeg

3 9D34333A-1B4A-4972-A7E0-445D043A4CF0.jpeg

4 BFE0B4DE-05E0-4711-BC87-40D2FD81BDC8.jpeg

5 094839AB-AC85-4ECA-B01A-45620402CB82.jpeg

6 B93A5B50-5FD6-41CF-A1A6-202A581359CA.jpeg

Scott in the Sand

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha ha, I know there haven't been many votes yet - but you can see why we will never agree!

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd rather see the colours on a shirt. We recently picked our kitchen colour based on a small square like this and got it completely wrong

I know what you mean but I don’t have the photoshop skills for that! I’m sure if Wolves did run a poll (which I really hope they do) they’d do it considerably better than I have.

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This gold.
TheDress3.jpg

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s been a lot of discussion recently on shirt colours and “old gold” so thought it’d be interesting to see what shirt colour people would most like to see us in.

This isn’t about “what colour is old gold?” or “which shirt colour did you like best?” it’s trying to see what colour shirt everyone would like to see us in for say the next 5-10 years. I’ve pulled a few colours from old shirts and also added a new one similar to that seen on some of the Arsenal away kits and several American Football shirts.

I know the colours will look slightly different depending on what phone/monitor that you’re viewing on but hopefully it’ll give a good indication of what fans want. Hopefully Fosun will run a similar poll, it’d be really easy to do either at Molineux or/and online.

If you don’t like any of them pick the one you’d find least offensive.

1 View attachment 3377

2 View attachment 3378

3 View attachment 3379

4 View attachment 3380

5 View attachment 3381

6 View attachment 3384

This is a great and really important post, I hope the club see it

Thank you scruffy (aka Laurie D)

D

Deleted member 5242

Non-starter mate.

Everybody's screen is different, like really different!

Printed Pantone book is the only way you can chose

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Something like the STAW 1988 kit or the 1993/94 kit (the one with the Crest as the badge).

So whichever is closest to that :)

D

Deleted member 5242

I don't know why No. 6 isn't getting any love. That's the one that's closest to what Gold should look like. As I explained in another thread, "old" gold means zilch.

'Old Gold 15-0955' is actually a Pantone colour but it's actually quite yellow. I suspect the colour most people would like is actually not old gold at all.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funnily enough, and yes, I'm not the first one to say, the only kit which I found to be totally on the mark was the Arsenal Away kit. Lovely gold. This was already mentioned ad nauseum last year, so I won't even bother to look up the pic.

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Non-starter mate.

Everybody's screen is different, like really different!

Printed Pantone book is the only way you can chose

Yeah I understand this but it’s really only getting a rough gauge of opinion. I compared three different screens and there wasn’t a massive difference between them so hopefully it will still give some kind of representation of what people like.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I think there's definitely going to be a difference of opinion on the specific colour we should go with, the poll at least shows clearly the colours we don't want. No to orange. No to brown-gold.

For me it seems there are basically three camps, each lining up behind the shirts from different eras: 1950s Old Gold, 1970s Yellow Gold and 1990s Traditional Gold.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know why No. 6 isn't getting any love. That's the one that's closest to what Gold should look like. As I explained in another thread, "old" gold means zilch.
Me neither. I voted for 1 or 6.
But I do still like the colour of the old, STAW shirt.

K

KiwiWolf

Just make it the colour that super William Ambrose Wright used to wear and that'll be fine by me! :)

D

Deleted member 5242

A debate done over and over again no doubt. It would be good to have a conclusion that involves the fans and is then adhered to going forward. I've got a Pantone book right in front of me here and I feel 'old gold' is too yellow but a vote would sort it out and would show once again the club have their finger on the pulse. Obviously it would need to be printed samples and an in person vote, not online.

Air Wolf 90

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whilst I think there's definitely going to be a difference of opinion on the specific colour we should go with, the poll at least shows clearly the colours we don't want. No to orange. No to brown-gold.

For me it seems there are basically three camps, each lining up behind the shirts from different eras: 1950s Old Gold, 1970s Yellow Gold and 1990s Traditional Gold.

Interestingly, the 1950s showed the greatest variation in shirt colour. Early 50s was the dull-brown "Old Gold" (which I assume was sampled for the early 2000s shirt) whereas late 50s was a much lighter colour (look at photos of the 1949 and 1960 FA Cup teams even in black and white to show just how much lighter the shirts became). Inbetween were lighter shades worn in the 1950s on darker afternoons and the satin light shirts used for the floodlit friendly matches and you have quite a range.

For me, our shirts are the shade Andy Gray scored in at Wembley or the late 80s Manders Shirt, or the mid-90s Nutmeg shirt. Aaargh.

U

Ulfhednar

Mmm, I have a pair of velvet cushions my mum made in the 70's that are the right colour.

I personally prefer more yellow to orange or brown, but even with a pantone book it would be impossible as it will look different dependent on the material and how much sheen it has, the way the material and finish interact with (absorb or reflect) light can change the tone considerably.

Overall, imo just no stripes or pin stripes.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
However the colours look on various screens this poll just highlights that those screaming for one colour or another are not speaking for the majority of the fanbase.

Yellow, orange, gold or old gold - somebody will be happy, somebody will be royally ****ed off.

D

Deleted member 6526

Getting a bit fed up with the fashion police threads, I rank it about 18th on my top ten Wolves subjects of interest.

M

MonkeySpanner

I voted 6. It’s the closest to a gold I would like to see and I’m pretty sure that’s the New Orleans Saints colour which I like.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
just stay away from the awful dirty and dull shades.

Back
Top Bottom