Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What positions would be your top five priorities going into this summer transfer window?

What would be your top five priorities this summer?

• Goal Keeper

• Right Back

• Centre Back

• Left Back

• Central Midfielder

• Central Attacking Midfielder/#10

• Winger/Wide Forward

• Striker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As above, I'm curious to see what the fan consensus is on which positions most need upgrading this summer. Some are obvious (a striker), some will depend on outgoings (Neves replacement?) and some will depend on your personal opinion of players.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We might not need a striker: it's not so obvious imo. We needed one this season, but maybe not this coming season. If Fraser is given a chance in these next three matches, and does well, we would possibly have Fabs, Cunha, Costa, Sasa, and Fraser. Pick two to start each match. We might even still have Hwang, given the tour announcement.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We might not need a striker: it's not so obvious imo. We needed one this season, but maybe not this coming season. If Fraser is given a chance in these next three matches, and does well, we would possibly have Fabs, Cunha, Costa, Sasa, and Fraser. Pick two to start each match. We might even still have Hwang, given the tour announcement.
I’d be massively ****ed off if we go into the next season with those as our striker options.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I'd be hoping we aim a bit higher than that. Julen will want us pushing top half again, not in another relegation fight. Fraser at best will go out on loan next season to a League 1/2 club, Fabio hasn't convinced me yet with his 15-20 minute cameos out on loan. Sasa is an injury waiting to happen. Costa for as well as he's done, we need to be ruthless and look for better.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Striker #1. Preferably someone quick and strong.

Right back to compete with Semedo.

Central midfielder to replace Joao and Ruben.

Centre back to compete with Kilman / Dawson.

Right midfielder to replace Adama.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With what we have currently .....

Minimum requirements - top class proven striker....keeper cover/competition , right back cover/competition ...-thats with only the out of contract players leaving plus Raul and Jonny ..

Then obviously anybody who subsequently leaves or lopetugui deems to sell WILL need replacing...

Last edited:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Exact same priorities in my mind. Maybe a keeper as well if Julen wants somebody with better feet for possession based style of play, but I wouldn't put that near the top of my list as there's more important upgrades that need to be made.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right back - Andoni Gorosabel / Carvajal
Centre back - David Garcia / Nacho

Midfield - Dani Ceballos / Alex Scott or George hall

CAM - Gabriel Menino / Raphael Veiga

Striker - En-Nesyri / Viktor Gyökeres

NOT SAYING SIGN THEM ALL JUST GIVING DIFFERENT OPTIONS

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetugui at the minute clearly isn't 100% happy with his starting striker and his starting left back...

And arguably he doesn't trust his back up right back, centre back or goal keeper.....

The rest is open to whoever leaves, is sold or poached....

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right back - Andoni Gorosabel / Carvajal
Centre back - David Garcia / Nacho

Midfield - Dani Ceballos / Alex Scott or George hall

CAM - Gabriel Menino / Raphael Veiga

Striker - En-Nesyri / Viktor Gyökeres

NOT SAYING SIGN THEM ALL JUST GIVING DIFFERENT OPTIONS
Decent shouts in there for sensible money too

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’d say Chiquinho is a good replacement for Traore.

Having said that, given Podence may be off too as well as RAN who has been used as a wide forward (albeit on the left) and that Nunes is being used ahead of our wide options I’d say a a RM is probably still needed too.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goalkeeper - It’s already been mentioned this is an area we’ll look at in the summer. I can’t make my mind up with Sa but I think at a minimum he needs serious competition, arguably an upgrade (or at least someone who can consistently match his best).

RB - Jonny you’d expect will be leaving so at least competition for Semedo.

CB - I think Toti is a good LB alternative and would view him as that moving forwards with the option to be a 5th choice CB if needed. Someone to compete with Kilman and step in as and when Dawson’s age catches up with him (think Collins will come good but we need to learn from this season that experience is required alongside either him or Kilman).

Winger - On the basis Traore goes, Podence possibly going too and Hwang is more of a utility forward / option off the bench. I think Nunes has done well from the right but ideally we’d have a winger starting there and Nunes is back to CM if we end up 433 or if this type of 442 is what Lopetegui wants to move forward with then a similar type to Nunes to play there too.

Striker - Obvious. Still be tempted to give Costa another year as a squad player, a role I think he’d be happy with at this stage.

That’s my 5 at the moment but it’s based on us progressing with a 442 or 4231. If we went to a proper 433 with 8’s then we’d need another CM. If we only have 2 CM’s starting regularly then I think Lemina, Gomes, Nunes and Traore supported by Cundle or Hodge is deep enough cover wise to prioritise elsewhere this window. LB I’m happy with Bueno and Toti for now, RAN too if he stays. AM / 10 I think Cuhna and Sarabia cover.

You can make a case for most positions but it’s probably naive to expect us to make additions to all 8 positions you’ve outlined in one window, especially when the squad needs thinning somewhat too.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now keeper is a sticky one. I think we need to upgrade on him but as we already have a decent Back up. I'm not sure on replacing him in a window we lose other big personalities in the squad.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d say Chiquinho is a good replacement for Traore.

Having said that, given Podence may be off too as well as RAN who has been used as a wide forward (albeit on the left) and that Nunes is being used ahead of our wide options I’d say a a RM is probably still needed too.
I do like Chiquinho, but I think we need a new “guaranteed starter” level RM. Someone with a decent track record of goal contributions.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now keeper is a sticky one. I think we need to upgrade on him but as we already have a decent Back up. I'm not sure on replacing him in a window we lose other big personalities in the squad.
Bounou is currently backup at Sevilla under their new manager... Julen loves him and he was phenomenal in the World Cup, wouldn't be surprised to see us move for him in the summer.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Have to improve our goal output so I’ll go:

- Striker
- Winger / wide forward
- Centre midfield (if Neves leaves)
- Right-back
- Goalkeeper

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Striker(when costa and Raul leave)
Right Back (when Semedo leaves)
Centre Mid (when neves and Mouts leave) winger(when Traore and Podence leave)
Centra back (someone much better than we already have)

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much money do you think we will raise in sales? Seeing as we lost money over the last two years we may have to sell to buy.

Coady, ait nouri, podence and guedes could raise 45 million i guess. Semedo another 10?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa is a solid keeper. No need for replacement. Least of our problems.
Absolutely, it is just because he has been called upon so much this season and sit so deep, he ends up with the ball far more than he should do. He makes mistakes, all keepers do, but striker, fullback and centre back need more looking at that gk imo.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course we need a new proven striker, or we are in a relegation battle again.
Ps
Who's Fabs???
If you mean Silva?? No hope hes gona be our savior

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5 players? Replacing who goes is all we really need to do. The squad is huge now. Even centre forwards we'll have Sasa and Fabio back to complement Cunha and Raul.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For me, it is all about recognising the current deficiencies in the squad. Therefore, my key signings as things stand would be as follows:-

1) Striker - Clear as crystal we must sign a striker to score 15 PL goals next season as well as bringing back Fabio (think Isak and Wilson). Exemplar - Erling Haaland.

2) Attacking Midfielder Right Centre - We need someone with the composure to put their foot on the ball in the final third, pick passes that open defences and contribute goals and assists. Exemplar - Martin Odegaard.

3) Defender Right Centre - We need a right back that can also play centre back. For me, recent success has been down to balancing the defence with Toti on the left with Semedo on the right. If we are to regularly play with Bueno on the left, we need the Toti equivalent on the right. See the Brighton debacle when Bueno and Semedo are played together. All the top teams are doing this, think Ake at City and Burn at Newcastle. Exemplar - Ben White.

If we made signings in those positions very specifically, with the players having the qualities outlined, that would cover the losses of Costa, Raul, Moutinho, Adama and Jonny, bringing down numbers whilst adding qualities required.

If we were to make those signings, the rest of the Summer would also become much easier as it would be then simply be about like for like replacements. If Sa goes buy a new Goalkeeper, if Neves goes buy a deep lying playmaker midfielder, if Podence goes buy a new winger, if RAN goes buy a new left back and so on.

But those three, a ST, an AMRC and a DRC would bring qualities that are currently missing in our squad and allow it to be fully balanced in preparation for next year.

Last edited:

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sa is a solid keeper. No need for replacement. Least of our problems.
Am fine with Sa as our main keeper but are we happy that Bentley is the right solution if Sa gets a long term injury soon after the transfer window shuts? Think we may need a more proven back-up.

Striker though is most important for me. Need someone pacey, can hold the ball up well, link play and also good in the air. Don’t feel any of Costa, Raul, Sasa, Fabio will be up to what we need next season as our 1st choice in that position.

Back
Top Bottom