Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What happened to the counter attack?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Common word used in this thread; Jimenez.

He possesses the hold up play to allow others to make runs off him and can also play himself.

We miss him like an hole in the ****. As "bad" as this season has been, him playing this season gives us another 7-10 points IMHO. One man team? Perhaps. A better team? 100%.

Get him back and we will flourish.

T

TheConcourse

I’m singling out two players here: Traore & Neto.

They both have insane levels of individual ability.

When I look back at Jota, he brought so much more to the team than just on the ball situations. His movement was brilliant.

The 5 v 3 situation showed a lot when Traore stood in front of Moutinho almost blocking his path.

I can’t emphasise just how much I want this season to be over so Nuno can get some proper time in with the players and a couple of signings. Really excited to see his vision come to life next season. Hopefully with an attacking MF to add another angle of attack to this team.

KildareWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Doherty used to give us a great option on the wing for kick outs and diagonal balls from coady or boly etc to head on and continue his run then or else take the ball into us!

I just don’t think semedo offers this as part of his game! He only has 2 assists all seasons where as Doherty would have more and a few goals on top of it aswell so I really think we miss him alot

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Common word used in this thread; Jimenez.

He possesses the hold up play to allow others to make runs off him and can also play himself.

We miss him like an hole in the ****. As "bad" as this season has been, him playing this season gives us another 7-10 points IMHO. One man team? Perhaps. A better team? 100%.

Get him back and we will flourish.

When I look back at Jota, he brought so much more to the team than just on the ball situations. His movement was brilliant.

The 5 v 3 situation showed a lot when Traore stood in front of Moutinho almost blocking his path.

I can’t emphasise just how much I want this season to be over so Nuno can get some proper time in with the players and a couple of signings. Really excited to see his vision come to life next season. Hopefully with an attacking MF to add another angle of attack to this team.

Certainly the miss of Jimenez, Jota dramatically changes our counter attack, Raul's movement made goals for traore to assist easily to.

Its definitely on neto and traore, hence why i said id rather have neto, podence pick up the ball then feed traore the chances. He really does like the 5-3 fluff things up for us, in fact last 6 games countless times he runs into a cul de sac or doesnt get the ball right.

There is reason why he has no assists no goals this year, hes fantastic a world beater but hes trying to do to much all the time. But again in these counters where are the silva/jose (no where)

hoop

Reaction score
One of the biggest differences is that no-one can play the ball over the top to Traore. He always wants it to feet.

Neto can run on to it, but he's the only one the opposition have to cover.

Silva & Jose dont' have much pace.

Reactions: Ned

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doherty used to give us a great option on the wing for kick outs and diagonal balls from coady or boly etc to head on and continue his run then or else take the ball into us!

I just don’t think semedo offers this as part of his game! He only has 2 assists all seasons where as Doherty would have more and a few goals on top of it aswell so I really think we miss him alot
I dont see Doc getting goals and assists at Spurs who are supposedly a better team

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the biggest differences is that no-one can play the ball over the top to Traore. He always wants it to feet.

Neto can run on to it, but he's the only one the opposition have to cover.

Silva & Jose dont' have much pace.
concerned neto only scored once in last 15 games(starts)
only 11games left.hope he starts scoring again

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree with this. Jota used to be so direct but also amazingly unselfish off the ball with his defensive work and also selfless runs to create space for others. Neto and, in particular, Traore constantly want the ball to feet before they do anything.

I will never ever understand why we have never played a forward pass for Traore to run on to. Why does he always need the ball to feet so he can beat his man when a simple through ball will do it for him?

Back
Top Bottom