Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What do you want Fosun to do next?

• Sell the club to a new owner with deep pockets.

Votes: 53 30.6%
  • Stay but invest a lot more money into new players at the end of the season,including stadium rebuild

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Stay - be self financing and increase stadium gradually. No major changes.

Votes: 35 20.2%
  • Stay but sell a minority shareholding say 40% and invest in players and rebuild the steve bull stand

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • Stay - be self financing and buy multiple football clubs and trade players between clubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay -have a small budget for players but overhaul management, coaching, recruitment , and Academy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell majority shareholding but stay on with small stake.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other -

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the project has started to nosedive from mid 2020. Silva is the epitome of Fosun getting carried away with the Portuguese recruitment tap, completely overlooking talent closer to home . I think they got the timing of Nuno leaving about right but I’m still bemused as to why they hired Lage when at the time they may have been able to sell the project to someone like Eddie Howe? Just feels the time is right for fresh impetus from a new owner in the same way it did in 2015/16 shortly before Steve Morgan sold us.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we have hit our limit with Fosun and groundhog season will follow where Neto or hwang or killman sold for profit with bits a piece's done in the transfer market hoping to unearth the next gem to make profit on . Don't see Newcastle doing that neither Villa and they are at the right end of the table . Also both those clubs are improving their stadium and facilities which we haven't in years .

You can only tread water for so long then you start to decline.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve gone with stay but invest more in players and stadium. For all their detractors Fosun have elevated us from Champ also rans to being on our way to established Prem regulars. I’d like to think we have navigated the FFP issue and can look forward to player purchases at sensible prices ie Lemina, Gomes etc and get away from the Silva’s and Guedes types. With the new TV deal recently announced Fosun surely know how important it is to keep us in the Prem and build season on season. That’s what I hope for anyway.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There's a couple on here that will surely get 0 votes bar a ****fan infiltrator

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like them to chill out tonight, listen to Bruce Springsteen, have a beer and a nice wine and smoke, think of how they took us from 30 odd years of some hope and a helluva lot of damn man, so close. Then smile as we do at memories of Nuno, of Neves , Jota, all of them that came and played and entertained and believed and made us celebrate some ****ing great times. Then I hope they learn from the mistakes, but don't read social media too much! Those that moaned when we were 7th! And raise a glass to and with us all! I know Fosun is in it for the money and we're here cos of love, but hey, **** it, ya have to believe! So, thanks, Fosun. If I had style I'd write it in Cantonese, but it's still meant!
Take us to being respected. That's it. And cheers! Nice one.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to get 40-45k stadium or we will always be scrapping for 12th or against relegation. In the end the biggest clubs invest not just in players but infrastructure. Villa demonstrate what can be done and everton will also be ok. The playing side needs continued investment too. Fosun show zero appetite for either, so it is an easy answer -sell to someone who will

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell, time for new owner with a project make us better.

I think our project is now sustainability. Years of boredom football
Yes i also think this , also think we have a shelf life in the premier league just like Albion , Swansea , Wigan , reading , Stoke etc , who all seemed to establish themselves even having some top half finishes and good cup runs only to steadily decline and eventually drop , i quite like O’Neill but anyone who believes it was anything but the cheapest option out there is in cloud cuckoo land , you only have to look up the road to see what having a bit of ambition does for you and it doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune on players , just pay a top manager and coaching staff the right money and they will more than likely outperform the other also rans

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell, we're only going backwards under their ownership from now on. There's not enough money, nor a long term plan behind the scenes, to realistically expect anything else.

They've come to the end of the road, time for them to cash in and move on.

With respect, you don't know that we are going backwards, that we won't have enough money, that they don't have a long term plan behind the scenes, to realistically expect anything else and neither do I.

What we do know, is they have given us our best league positions and longest time in the top flight in over 50 years.

We also now that we are doing a lot better than was predicted, at the beginning of the season.

I want them to learn from any mistakes, but am eternally grateful for putting us back on the map. I would like to do a stadium expansion and also say, there is a very thin line between being an established Premier League club and spending 20 odd years in the lower leagues. Many, many clubs would want to swap places with us and there are very few owners who can give you Premier League stability, we are lucky to have Fosun and very lucky to be where we are.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Yes i also think this , also think we have a shelf life in the premier league just like Albion , Swansea , Wigan , reading , Stoke etc , who all seemed to establish themselves even having some top half finishes and good cup runs only to steadily decline and eventually drop , i quite like O’Neill but anyone who believes it was anything but the cheapest option out there is in cloud cuckoo land , you only have to look up the road to see what having a bit of ambition does for you and it doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune on players , just pay a top manager and coaching staff the right money and they will more than likely outperform the other also rans
You are right @wwfc9 we had our dream under Nuno. We won’t get luxury players like Neves or Moutinho here again. British types like Brownhill is now what the management team want. Back to the Mick & TC days. Ten men behind the ball, real boring.

New owner to bring new money, new business, new ambitions and new project.

January window come with interestingness.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst the future with Fosun may be stability and little over pretty slow growth with the danger of a slow decline too, new owners sounds tempting, but if Fosun do decide to sell and can find a buyer Im not sure how selective they will be in who they sell to. New owners could be good for the club, but no guarantee of that.
I feel a little conflicted about new investment. Having more money would help us compete with better teams, but I also feel the obscene amounts of money it currently takes to be successful is damaging to the game and the ordinary fan, but there is probably no way back from the increasing costs

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok good >75% of fans want owners who will spend, spend and spend some more. Where will that get us 8th vs 11th or 12th?

There are 7 bigger clubs than us with more resources and more revenue generation. The best we can be is fighting with Villa and West Ham (who will both have higher sustainable revenue than us) for 8th and an odd 7th when a big slide slips.

The reality of breaking into top half will be a major challenge once others get it right - eg Everton are through their stupid spend and bust phase.

After the 80s, 90s and 00s I’m delighted to be a mid-table PL side with exciting wins over some of the Big 6, avoiding relegation and hoping for a Cup run or exciting talent we can keep.

Would I like more - sure…..but let’s be careful about swapping owners or taking a punt by spend, spend, spend which has not served us too well over the last couple of years.

Milijas

Reaction score
Ok good >75% of fans want owners who will spend, spend and spend some more. Where will that get us 8th vs 11th or 12th?

There are 7 bigger clubs than us with more resources and more revenue generation. The best we can be is fighting with Villa and West Ham (who will both have higher sustainable revenue than us) for 8th and an odd 7th when a big slide slips.

The reality of breaking into top half will be a major challenge once others get it right - eg Everton are through their stupid spend and bust phase.

After the 80s, 90s and 00s I’m delighted to be a mid-table PL side with exciting wins over some of the Big 6, avoiding relegation and hoping for a Cup run or exciting talent we can keep.

Would I like more - sure…..but let’s be careful about swapping owners or taking a punt by spend, spend, spend which has not served us too well over the last couple of years.
Stop with your well rounded, realistic views.. there is no place for it on this forum!

Milijas

Reaction score
Keep Fosun, keep Jeff, keep Gary.
Sell Neto, Sell Sa (£80m)
Bring in Brownhill (£7m)
Ramsdale on Loan
Spend £30m on a top striker!
Whack a statue of Jeff outside the Mander and thank god Fosun took over and we know longer have to suffer Dean Saunders, Kaspars Gorkks or a fat Grant Holt and be grateful for the fact we went from championship obscurity to an established premier league team, who have competed in Europe (and not that Mickey mouse conference carp), finished 7th twice and dont really look likely for the drop.
Now get behind the owners, the manager and players you prehistoric, neanderthal, knuckle dragging, yam yam yunts

Last edited:

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep Fosun, keep Jeff, keep Gary.
Sell Neto, Sell Sa (£80m)
Bring in Brownhill (£7m)
Ramsay on Loan
Spend £30m on a top striker!
Whack a statue of Jeff outside the Mander and thank god Fosun took over and we know longer have to suffer Dean Saunders and be grateful for the fact we went from championship obscurity to an established premier league team, who have competed in Europe (and not that Mickey mouse conference carp), finished 7th twice and dont really look likely for the drop.
Now get behind the owners, the manager and players you prehistoric, neanderthal, knuckle dragging, yam yam yunts
Sell Neto? For 40mil?? Boo! I think we’ve been markedly poorer without him..

Agree with the rest though tbh.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You really think the Saudis will give us 40m for Sa?
Nah. Probably not.

Still though, I think we will lack balance without Neto and getting a number 9. We’ve lacked service into the middle. Hwang, Cunha and a 9 will be way too narrow.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Smart post.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to get 40-45k stadium or we will always be scrapping for 12th or against relegation. In the end the biggest clubs invest not just in players but infrastructure. Villa demonstrate what can be done and everton will also be ok. The playing side needs continued investment too. Fosun show zero appetite for either, so it is an easy answer -sell to someone who will
Villa would have been relegated but for a technical fault, having spent £170m scraping promotion in the first place.

Had they not sold Grealish for £100m (fairly enough) and not bought their ground off themselves for £100m (unfairly enough - loophole now closed) they would have been toast.

They are not light years ahead but are having an exceptionally good season. But not being a huge draw outside Birmingham, they won't regularly compete with any of the SKY 6 - any more than Leicester did.

Their manager will be taken off of them and their top player/s taken, too. Sure, they might have £250m to invest, but we've seen them spend that in two seasons, end up with Gerrard and hurtle down the table as a relegation favourite that we all laughed at.

They simply are not in the 'club' and like with us, will soon have the fans moaning on forums and WM saying:

"Get the owners out - they ay gorra clue"

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell up. Time for a change. They're just content on prem survival, whether that be finishing mid table or 17th. No ambition to take us anywhere else.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell up. Time for a change. They're just content on prem survival, whether that be finishing mid table or 17th. No ambition to take us anywhere else.
Maybe they don’t want to sell……….then what?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to be sustainable and do things gradually, but not so slow that we go miles backwards very quickly. If people want a regular challenge to the European spots then we need to build from the bottom and get to the point where we regularly have top youngsters for the first team or to sell for decent money and to a point where we only need one, two or three signings a season to improve the first eleven.

Last edited:

loppers86

Reaction score
i put other - paint over all the bare rusty bits on the metalwork on the Billy Wright stand.

Although I appreciate it will cost over £700, and that might mean we break the FFP rules and get docked 10 points.

Back
Top Bottom