Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What a turnaround !

Reaction score
Like many, for me, Ipswich was the absolute low point of this season (even allowing for the fact that it wasn't a 'first XI') and that was the night that I did start to doubt if we had what it took to stay in the league. I had done up to that point despite the 4 losses in the first 5 games as there were encouraging signs.

The City game was really the catalyst for the upturn in form and 'feel good factor' about the place and this co-incided with the move to GON's hybrid 5-at-the-back system. This seemed to give the players belief and confidence in what GON was asking them to do and you can see now how they all buy into what they're doing.

The togetherness shines through and theses boys never know when they're beat. They may not always perform as well as they can but you can never question the attitude and willingness to give their all - this is testament to Gary.

I think we will finish broadly where we are now, in mid-table, but the real positive to me as a spectator is that I'm once again really enjoying watching us play - a feeling I've not had since the height of the Nuno days

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like many, for me, Ipswich was the absolute low point of this season (even allowing for the fact that it wasn't a 'first XI') and that was the night that I did start to doubt if we had what it took to stay in the league. I had done up to that point despite the 4 losses in the first 5 games as there were encouraging signs.

The City game was really the catalyst for the upturn in form and 'feel good factor' about the place and this co-incided with the move to GON's hybrid 5-at-the-back system. This seemed to give the players belief and confidence in what GON was asking them to do and you can see now how they all buy into what they're doing.

The togetherness shines through and theses boys never know when they're beat. They may not always perform as well as they can but you can never question the attitude and willingness to give their all - this is testament to Gary.

I think we will finish broadly where we are now, in mid-table, but the real positive to me as a spectator is that I'm once again really enjoying watching us play - a feeling I've not had since the height of the Nuno days
Agreed - 5 at the back. It’s the Wolves way now (even when it isn’t really 5 at the back..)

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun haven’t backed him? They gave him the bloody job. Unles of course you mean they haven’t given him money we don’t have and can’t spend? But that would be silly of you.
There's no silly people on this forum...um...maybe I'm thinking of another forum.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top 6 last 10 and on par with villa in 5th we have been played like a side that will get Europe the last 15

View attachment 40562

Had we not been robbed of 7 points by the officials in the first half of the season, we’d be on 42 now, and sixth in the league. The reality is that dodgy decisions aside, we’ve been playing well since the first half dozen games when we moved away from a conventional back 4.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Had we not been robbed of 7 points by the officials in the first half of the season, we’d be on 42 now, and sixth in the league. The reality is that dodgy decisions aside, we’ve been playing well since the first half dozen games when we moved away from a conventional back 4.
To be fair those first 5/6 games were Gary’s pre-season really. The fans (me included) who were on his back about results in that early part of the season should probably have been a bit more patient. I remember being really ****ed off driving home from Ipswich but it was all a part of his learning.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
9 points , not 7

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's really strange watching Wolves over the past few weeks, knowing that we are safe from relegation, pretty much a secure mid-table side now, how relaxed I am. I don't get so pent up during matches and in fact I can enjoy them more knowing that even if we **** up, like we did v Brentford, the consequences are not potentially disastrous. I think I'm going to get more agitated in the Cup games now as with favourable draws Wembley is a realistic dream.
I think part of this is also that the team can score if they go behind. Makes conceding feel so much less bad.

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
To be fair those first 5/6 games were Gary’s pre-season really. The fans (me included) who were on his back about results in that early part of the season should probably have been a bit more patient. I remember being really ****ed off driving home from Ipswich but it was all a part of his learning.
And Fabio started 2 or 3 of those early games.

It's really difficult being patient - the Prem is so brutal and we saw that last season when Brunoball completely collapsed.

Back
Top Bottom