Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham United Football Club verdict

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
A few people on here have a different interpretation of the offside rules to me. As I understand the current rules, Chiware is only offside if he was the one who scored the goal.
As per Sheffield vs Chelsea game last night, when Macburnie scored there were two Sheffield players in offside positions ahead of him but he wasn't and the goal stood.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are saying O'Neil should have rotated the squad more to avoid injuries. Perhaps he thought Wolves would add to the squad in January (he hasn't been here long). Besides, if he had rested Neto, Cunha and Hwang more, our results would not have been so good.
We were 3-0 down at West Ham, was it really worth leaving Cunha, Hwang, Bellegarde and Sarabia on for another 25 minutes playing the entire match? 3-0 up against Everton, Hwang played another 40 minutes. Arsenal may have finished close in terms of the scoreline but we were lucky not to be getting trounced, did he really need to play Hwang and Cunha for the entire match? There's three off the top of my head where the results don't change if he makes changes, but he keeps his first choices safer from injury

He had opportunities, he didn't take them. He's done well overall no doubt, but it's one of the blots on his otherwise quite impressive copybook over the season

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few people on here have a different interpretation of the offside rules to me. As I understand the current rules, Chiware is only offside if he was the one who scored the goal.
As per Sheffield vs Chelsea game last night, when Macburnie scored there were two Sheffield players in offside positions ahead of him but he wasn't and the goal stood.
He can be ruled offside after Kilman’s header … but only if he is interfering with play.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were 3-0 down at West Ham, was it really worth leaving Cunha, Hwang, Bellegarde and Sarabia on for another 25 minutes playing the entire match? 3-0 up against Everton, Hwang played another 40 minutes. Arsenal may have finished close in terms of the scoreline but we were lucky not to be getting trounced, did he really need to play Hwang and Cunha for the entire match? There's three off the top of my head where the results don't change if he makes changes, but he keeps his first choices safer from injury

He had opportunities, he didn't take them. He's done well overall no doubt, but it's one of the blots on his otherwise quite impressive copybook over the season

But the post your responding to mentioned the January window.

If he thought he was getting two new players in January, which he wanted, then none of this matters.

Ultimately, Neto's second injury and Hwang's injury came when they really shouldn't have been playing and that was in February/March.

O'Neil will argue he had managed the squad perfectly on the basis he was expecting reinforcements in January.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree. Losing RAN had nothing to do with our sloppiness and bad passing in the second half.
I’m fully confident that had RAN stayed on , Wolves would still have blown it like we’ve done many times.
It does seem like after an hour certain players have an empty tank. Notably Semedo, Kilman, Gomes, Lemina, Toti. We need to rotate more in the coming games or risk further injuries OR use earlier subs and utilising other players

Last edited:

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bad passing had nothing to do with the opposition pushing up on us then?
Agreed. Like in the Watford semi-final when Jota went off we lost our out ball when RAN went off. Cunha is still not up to speed so couldn't be expected to suddenly start running at high speed and dribbling like RAN was. When we got the ball we had no way of beating the press so were forced into rushed passes, which inevitably caused mistakes, or lumping it forward an it coming right back at us.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Like in the Watford semi-final when Jota went off we lost our out ball when RAN went off. Cunha is still not up to speed so couldn't be expected to suddenly start running at high speed and dribbling like RAN was. When we got the ball we had no way of beating the press so were forced into rushed passes, which inevitably caused mistakes, or lumping it forward an it coming right back at us.
We aren’t very good at being pressed hard are we..

We like it when teams attack us so we can counter (when our team is fully fit)

That is the Nuno tactics from 6 years ago. With players like Dawson & Kilman we can’t really change formation as they are too slow to play higher up.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re Ait-Nouri injury and flukey second off a corner, unlucky. VAR decision could have gone either way but of course we never get the nod. Fact is our second half mentality was so poor when we knew West Ham were bound to wake up. But then with Ait-Nouri off and Cunha understandably rusty we were never going to offer anything up front.

So again predictable and season beginning to sink. Shi and the board have a lot to answer for and the four or five places we are going to fall down to at end season due to a lack of any proper striker recruitment represents some £12m-£15m alone or more in Iost prize money revenue. Never mind destroying our FA Cup hopes. Brilliant Shi/Fosun.
If I go back in time, were you one of those that thought we’d be relegated? I only ask as surely being 11th, a few **** VAR decisions from 7th, and secure financially is a successful season for you, no?
Seems rather ridiculous to lay blame for normal ups and downs of daily football life, so harshly at Jeff/Fosun’s door.

Back
Top Bottom