Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham United Football Club verdict

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, that’s the end of the season now bar the shouting. A must not lose, and we lost it. Shot ourselves in the foot in the second half after a very promising performance until then, and got a VAR shafting for good measure - the season in microcosm really. Overplaying at the back was a big problem - whoever passed it back to Toti when he had a man up his ass (leading to the handball penalty) started the collapse.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR decision aside, what was that second half?

We are going to finish where we did last season (13th) which would essentially mean zero progression from a season we spent almost half of at the bottom of the table, or close to.

Dawson being out has exposed our weak crop of CBs. Kilman and Doherty particularly poor for the first goal.
Next to nothing up top, especially once RAN went off.

Even more disappointing because West Ham were there for the taking today, a decent side would have seen them off.

Where's the next win coming from?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Brilliant first half, shocking second. Not sure if it’s too simplistic to say the RAN injury changed the game but we offered absolutely nothing without him.

Sa 4
S Bueno 6
Kilman 5
Toti 4
Semedo 6
Gomes 6
Lemina 6
Doyle 6
Doherty 7
Sarabia 7
RAN 8

Cunha 5

Genuinely don’t know what the law is on that last goal. Fabianski is never getting there but Chirewa is clearly obstructing his view in an offside position so I guess he is affecting the game. Regardless, we shouldn’t have been in that position to begin with. Just lost all composure on the ball and a couple of horrific mistakes for their goals.

A result that effectively ends what, just a few weeks ago, looked to be an amazing season.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame RAN couldn't stay on. Well, he's playing as a striker so I suppose we were lucky to get a half out of him. Next thing, it will be announced that Fraser took an injury on the bench.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So frustrated given how we dominated the first half! Antonio comes on and we completely **** the bed sit way to deep just allow them to get back in the game sorry but not good enough!

Doherty shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up and the midfield two who have brilliant this season really struggled in that second half meaning we just got deeper and deeper!

We lacked any sort of control and to go from one extreme in the first half to what we saw in the second is hugely concerning as if the game plan was to sit in more and hold what we had then O'Neil will have to look at himself as well.

We are our own worse enemies at times.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I beg O’Neil refuses to talk to the press.

It’s time to take this up with our lawyers, I’m being serious. 10 ****ing points.

****ing disgrace of a league.

Where is the robbery today????

By the letter of the law he is offside…….

We have had the law harshly applied, but it was sadly the correct decision.

And we were ****ing **** and that would have papered over the cracks of a **** poor second half performance

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good first half, but what was that second half meant to be? What was said at half time?

Yes we’re thin on the ground, but that second half in game management by GON was abysmal. Did the iPad malfunction? Moyes has ****ed all over him this afternoon.

I’m more ****ed off about that than a VAR decision where we clearly had a player offside in front of the keeper.

Season over.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa for the goal was just plain stupid. Wind in his face, JWP swinging it in… just stay on your line, man!!!!

First half was a fantastic display and we were set up fantastically too, but Moyes made a few changes and we weren’t able to stem the tide. Second half was genuinely appalling, the least said about it the better.

Season effectively over now so let’s hope we don’t fall apart entirely and go into the summer on a low like we did with Lage.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Great first half and just horrendous second half! Shafted yet again but god so many mistakes at the back again! What the hell Doc was doing playing it to Toti for that pen and then to concede from a corner is Sunday league stuff!! Only positives Ait Nouri before his injury, Semedo again and Pitbull with maybe Santi aswell. The rest very poor! Noha must be wondering why he came!…would much rather have him getting me on the edge of my seat than playing Doyle, Mario or Doc there! No plan B currently due to lack of squad depth….simple as that!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to learn how to better manage the game when we’re in front
Offered very little second half after Ait Nouri went off then sloppy play again to give the ball away before their equaliser

SingleMalt

Reaction score
Good first half, but what was that second half meant to be? What was said at half time?

Yes we’re thin on the ground, but that second half in game management by GON was abysmal. Did the iPad malfunction? Moyes has ****ed all over him this afternoon.

I’m more ****ed off about that than a VAR decision where we clearly had a player offside in front of the keeper.

Season over.
There’s no excuses for that second half just terrible game management.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Decent 1st half **** 2nd half. I hate VAR with a passion. Last season Salah in offside position makes our defender play the ball due to not being sure of Salah’s position he benefits scores and goal stands. All the people saying we didn’t deserve anything cos of our 2nd half display well you know what football results hinge on goals and sometimes you do t play well but score and win games and as far as I’m concerned we scored an equaliser and have been well and truly ****ing shafted again by VAR. I don’t pay for SKY and don’t watch any other Prem games than Wolves and I’ll tell ya it’s getting to the point where VAR is even spoiling that pleasure for me.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't think you could be offside from a direct header from a corner when the cross is pulled back from the byline?

Either way, 2nd half was dreadful. If we get a decent offer for Kilman, he has to go. Awful again.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant first half, shocking second. Not sure if it’s too simplistic to say the RAN injury changed the game but we offered absolutely nothing without him.

Sa 4
S Bueno 6
Kilman 5
Toti 4
Semedo 6
Gomes 6
Lemina 6
Doyle 6
Doherty 7
Sarabia 7
RAN 8

Cunha 5

Genuinely don’t know what the law is on that last goal. Fabianski is never getting there but Chirewa is clearly obstructing his view in an offside position so I guess he is affecting the game. Regardless, we shouldn’t have been in that position to begin with. Just lost all composure on the ball and a couple of horrific mistakes for their goals.

A result that effectively ends what, just a few weeks ago, looked to be an amazing season.
You gave Doherty a 7….? He was the one that passed back to Toti for the Hammers’ first goal. He gets no more than a three and that’s being generous. That last ditch intervention when he was out of position was the only thing of note he did.

Last edited:

TelfordWolf

Reaction score

Season over.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We talk about the lack of Neto/Cunha and Hwang (which are huge) but I feel that both Gomes and Lemina have dropped off in intensity lately, in no way am I blaming them by the way, but they look knackard and don't seem to be showing the same energy levels, or helping in attack as a result as often as a few months ago.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't been since Brentford. There's a lot I like about this group and the manager, but football itself is completely and utterly ****ed.

I saw we'd equalised, showed my 4 year old daughter who has gradually become a bit of a fan, she was really pleased although I'm not too sure she knows exactly what it means. Get home 20 minutes later from the park and see it was disallowed for a joke of an offside.

Season over and I really can't be bothered. In tight games in particular, it's not about who's actually the better or deserved team anymore. And I don't just mean today, in general. The whole thing is just a totally lottery of who'll get screwed over the most by a system designed to accommodate weirdos who simply don't get what football actually is.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't think you could be offside from a direct header from a corner when the cross is pulled back from the byline?

Either way, 2nd half was dreadful. If we get a decent offer for Kilman, he has to go. Awful again.
Can't be offside when the ball is played forward? Really?

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guessing no one is going to moan about VAR when in the same game they had one ruled out for a very soft reason that would have made it 2:1 a lot earlier than the JWP corner……
Clear infringement as he stood on his foot against a subjective opinion of interfering with play when he had no chance of saving it, you're just being contrary, no difference there I guess.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wearily reminiscent of the Lage season where all the tremendously good work for the first two thirds of the year was undone in the final straight by a combination of a small squad, a lack of mental fortitude and an inability to manage the crucial games.

For all the deserved plaudits O'Neil has earned, I would suggest someone locks him in the bogs at half-time to keep him away from the dressing room, because the pattern of shocking second halves after excellent first ones is far too frequent to be coincidence, and it can't all be down to opposition managers rubbing a magic lamp and tweaking strategies.

Disappointing.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR decision aside, what was that second half?

We are going to finish where we did last season (13th) which would essentially mean zero progression from a season we spent almost half of at the bottom of the table, or close to.

Dawson being out has exposed our weak crop of CBs. Kilman and Doherty particularly poor for the first goal.
Next to nothing up top, especially once RAN went off.

Even more disappointing because West Ham were there for the taking today, a decent side would have seen them off.

Where's the next win coming from?
Agree with this. Individual mistakes and a lack of quality.

I also question GON here. Outfoxed by Moyes.

What the hell was that shape and formation second half. The basics and discipline were absent second half.

And who doesn’t love a subjective offside. Horse ****.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unlucky today I think. Great first half performance and unable to match the increased tempo and physicality from West Ham second half as our players are knackered. Draw would’ve been fair, but that’s the way football goes.

GON needs to move on and learn quickly to adapt more effectively in game imo. We could single out players for criticism, but I’m just going to say I really enjoyed watching us first half and leave it there.

Back
Top Bottom