Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham United Football Club verdict

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've been robbed plenty of games this season, particularly early on but not today. We were just **** from the second half onwards.
Teams have played poorly and gotten points off us, that’s football. Today we were robbed by a referee who has never played football so doesn’t understand what interfering with play means

captain chaos

Groupie
Reaction score
Remember that the yearly ticket price increase was to increase funds to make us more competitive……

Yet somehow we have become less competitive year on year since that announcement and didn’t have a pot to **** in to do any business in Jan and didn’t do anything after all the sales till Nunes was sold……
I’m sure we’ll be getting something similar very soon

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there is a muddying of opinions being shared…….

NO ONE is saying it was the right thing to do in the spirit of the game……

But it was given as offside as in the wording of the law it could be done and sadly for us it was!!!

stevev53

Reaction score
Good first half, but what was that second half meant to be? What was said at half time?

Yes we’re thin on the ground, but that second half in game management by GON was abysmal. Did the iPad malfunction? Moyes has ****ed all over him this afternoon.

I’m more ****ed off about that than a VAR decision where we clearly had a player offside in front of the keeper.

Season over.
GON to my knowledge wasn’t playing second half . I’ve lost count of the number of matches I watch where the team dominant in the first half come out and get outplayed and not just Wolves . I am fed up with amateurs who have never played the game trying to find out ways of cancelling out good goals . No West Ham arguments about the header they new it was just a bloody good goal their keeper was never ever going to be anywhere near saving it

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham could have had three keepers in and they would not have stopped that Kilman header. It’s a bull**** decision from another **** iof a ref. He should have had the balls to say that’s a clear goal an fabianski was not impeded in any way . Andre the Giant would not have stopped that. Utter *******s .

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
I thought the first half was the best we’ve played in a while—thoroughly on top and deserved the lead.

The second half was as bad as the first was good. You knew that West Ham was going to have a go and we just couldn’t cope and get out of our half. That said, they didn’t really batter us—two bad mistakes for the goals. No reason for Doc to make that pass to Toti. And Sa was completely caught off guard—baffling.

That said, a draw would have been fair given the two halves. I don’t understand why refs can’t use their common sense when making their rulings. Fabianski is never, ever going to get to that shot. You could park a Mack truck in front of him and it wouldn’t have mattered. So, how could he have been obstructed? He would have only had a better view of the ball going in the net. Why the Premier League keeps pursuing a process that eliminates goals, the most exciting part of the game, for very marginal, technical reasons is beyond me. They are ruining their own product.

RAN and Doyle were excellent today and I thought Santi and Pitbull played well too. Cunha is blatantly rusty and he was not an improvement to RAN.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabianski absolutely wasn't getting there regardless, but that isn't considered as per the laws, so not sure how anything but offside can be given with our player moving across the GK and thereby obscuring his vision.
Because he doesn’t interfere with the keepers ability to save it

So he’s not interfering, and if you aren’t interfering , you aren’t offside. That is the offside rule in 2024

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there is a muddying of opinions being shared…….

NO ONE is saying it was the right thing to do in the spirit of the game……

But it was given as offside as in the wording of the law it could be done and sadly for us it was!!!
Hilarious, as I said contrary just why?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because he doesn’t interfere with the keepers ability to save it

So he’s not interfering, and if you aren’t interfering , you aren’t offside. That is the offside rule in 2024
Impeding the GK's vision from an offside position means you're interfering. The way you've worded it is incorrect.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point is, that it was a soft contact on his foot.

VAR could have over turned it for minimal contact and it not being enough to make him go down.

Clearly having played rugby where if the referee is in the wording of the law is correct even if you disagree with the application you accept it as you put them in the position to make the decision that while you disagree with it being given in the laws of the game is correct you just accept it.

I am not happy about the decision…….

But he wasn’t wrong based on the wording of the law for that situation
Disagree he’s only interfering with player if he has an impact, he didn’t go towards the ball, Fabianski was never saving it even if he could see it, so it’s immaterial where Chiwera is stood

Last edited:

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If only that was the worst VAR decision against us this season, we would be firmly in the race for 6th.

Bad decision, but probably ranks 6th or 7th for us this season.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of the stick Doc has had this season has been harsh, but he's cost us two massive goals this season (Cov and today). Big mistake to sign him on a three year deal.
I am afraid that l would change your last sentence to "Big mistake to re-sign him."

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I expected us to lose. It's just annoying as we played so well in the first half. I don't know what happened to the team in the second half. I know we have limited options on the bench, but we were crap as soon as the second half started. A very frustrating afternoon.

The Man of the Match (or half a match) Sarabia.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They need to be mic’d up

The opening day of the season showed up VAR and refereeing to be as corrupt as it is.

“We don’t give those”.

The whole system needs changing
Micing up sounds a good idea, to be honest. Would help everyone understand some of the decisions given. We need more transparency, not less.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half was sensational, pinging the ball about great, we needed a second goal to kill it off. We need a proper squad next season....that's on Fosun of course.
Finally ,.....for a few months or more I've often thought that Max was very overated and basically average....but daren't stick my head above the parapet and say it..
I'd sell him if we can get 30 mill. Santi played well.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham could have had three keepers in and they would not have stopped that Kilman header. It’s a bull**** decision from another **** iof a ref. He should have had the balls to say that’s a clear goal an fabianski was not impeded in any way . Andre the Giant would not have stopped that. Utter *******s .
He was offside AND interfering with play? How clear do you want it? f that had gone in and stood v us I can just see your comments on here.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Gams options off the bench changed the game .

Squad game Fosun sort it out or **** off soon please. As the season ticket costs will go up but I doubt the quality on the pitch will improve this summer . Will happily eat humble pie but I said this about a striker for countless windows and they have never acted .

Our manager has said we have limited options. Just hope they get a strategy for the summer or sell up .

Reaction score
No lack of effort, silly goals to give away. Higher in the table than I worried we might be at this point of the season. Unlucky not to get an equaliser.

Looking at the season over all I can take that lose. UTW WTID

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The point I am making is, to a West Ham fan they will be angry that was disallowed in the first place.

And there is no subjective opinion on the goal we had disallowed…….

He was offside and standing in direct line of sight for the header. **** poor that it was applied, but in the wording of the law it was correct.

Both sets of fans have a decision to be upset with.

I am not being contrary…… I have said I am disappointed it wasn’t given, but I can see why it was done. Sorry but the laws of the game are the laws of the game.

He shouldn’t have been stood there…… he allowed the VAR to get involved and then they applied the law as they were able to do.

How is saying that a contrary view?
Imagine standing in the 6 yard box from a corner…

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was offside AND interfering with play? How clear do you want it? f that had gone in and stood v us I can just see your comments on here.

What utter tripe. If your argument were correct, there would be goals ruled out for the same offence every single week. Every week. The fact there isn’t and that Moyes and Fabianski both felt it a poor decision says it all.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was concerned at half time that we wouldn’t be able to maintain our intensity second half. Losing RAN (best player on the pitch) compounded matters.

I think the VAR decision to rule out the goal is a real stinker.

Ultimately, our lack of squad depth and strength is costing us big time.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t realise that this particular rule of subjective which is why he went to the screen so it’s not letter of the law at all. So I’m a bit more annoyed now because it was clear as day the ball was going in regardless.

Back
Top Bottom