Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham Away - 1st Oct

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For duck’s sake. Can we just get one nice day out without disruption?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For duck’s sake. Can we just get one nice day out without disruption?
The rail TUs said that strikes would restart on October. They weren't lying... Drivers striking has way more impact too. Apparently they are directly targeting the Tory party conference (there are also strikes on 5 October)....

All of the companies which run between London and Birmingham are affected as is London Overground (the tube should generally be ok).

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
2nd trip to London of the season, 2nd rail strike. Not the best for car and tube. Hopefully the rest of October runs easier!

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Depends where you want to park. My spot going if you're willing to walk to the station (takes about 20 minutes to get to Stratford).
Cheers, that's very kind. I'll have a look, parked on Westfield the first time I went and I'm definitely never doing that again!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers, that's very kind. I'll have a look, parked on Westfield the first time I went and I'm definitely never doing that again!
It's a **** place to get out of, usually just walk to Plaistow after a match and get the bus.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a **** place to get out of, usually just walk to Plaistow after a match and get the bus.
Yup, Stratford is a seriously busy transport interchange at the best of times. A crowd at West Ham overloads the whole place for an hour or more. Ideally you need to get somewhere else and take a mode/line that doesn't go through there. The District line is ideal....

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yup, Stratford is a seriously busy transport interchange at the best of times. A crowd at West Ham overloads the whole place for an hour or more. Ideally you need to get somewhere else and take a mode/line that doesn't go through there. The District line is ideal....
Misses loves a good shop there but even she has learned when I say West Ham are at home that she knows a trip isn't happening.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Just a bump to say still 45 left, so unless people on 1020 buy them today, those are available to any STH who went to the League Cup game tomorrow 10am. I mean the view is awful, there are no trains, we're playing terribly but if you haven't had much chance for a while.....

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a bump to say still 45 left, so unless people on 1020 buy them today, those are available to any STH who went to the League Cup game tomorrow 10am. I mean the view is awful, there are no trains, we're playing terribly but if you haven't had much chance for a while.....
But but but it’s a closed shop lol

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not going to west ham, dont miss many away from home.....but couldn't be bothered with it, not because its the telly, but the train situation......Spurs done me in with the trains being on strike, then Liverpool being cancelled, so I couldn't be bothered booking another train for west ham......and low and behold them all on strike again.......

It makes ya wonder why you bother....the trains are a joke in this country.....I feel for anyone who has to use them regularly.........

Last edited:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Typical, that a more or less home game for me, and I can’t go! Still bought tickets as know some other local Wolves fans that are very appreciative of the opportunity.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is the tube affected by strikes or is it just overground?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is the tube affected by strikes or is it just overground?
There are no strikes on the tube this weekend. However lines such as the Bakerloo which share tracks with National Rail may be affected.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are no strikes on the tube this weekend. However lines such as the Bakerloo which share tracks with National Rail may be affected.

Thanks for the info. Debating whether to get the coach or risk the tube!

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I drive to a tube what’s the best one , end of line to then get to the ground ?

Will be driving down the A1 from Stamford.

Thanks In advance

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I drive to a tube what’s the best one , end of line to then get to the ground ?

Thanks In advance

Usually park at Stanmore and get the tube in. Not far off the A1 I don’t think.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thanks In advance
Stanmore has been recommended. However if you fancy a trip round the M25 then parking plenty around the East aspect, though probably situating yourself to somewhere like Upminster or Hornchurch be recommended, you'll be travelling out with the West Ham fans however.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Usually park at Stanmore and get the tube in. Not far off the A1 I don’t think.
Agreed, straight down the Jubilee line to Stratford. Just checked and no planned engineering work (always a risk at weekends) on that line.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stanmore has been recommended. However if you fancy a trip round the M25 then parking plenty around the East aspect, though probably situating yourself to somewhere like Upminster or Hornchurch be recommended, you'll be travelling out with the West Ham fans however.
Normally l would agree but empathetically NOT this weekend - planned engineering work between Barking and Upminster affecting the District and Hammersmith and City lines and strike action on C2C.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Tempted by Stanmore, might need some PTSD treatment though from last time I was there!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Normally l would agree but empathetically NOT this weekend - planned engineering work between Barking and Upminster affecting the District and Hammersmith and City lines and strike action on C2C.
Is there? Shows how little attention I pay, looks like I am walking to the club on Saturday hah.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there? Shows how little attention I pay, looks like I am walking to the club on Saturday hah.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings....

Last edited:

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have no time for these striking thickos. Ruining peoples lives for the money they can make doing a mundane job.
A lot of my family and friends work on the trains an fully understand there reason behind the strike.

If they are so thick and doing a mundane job why doing you offer to drive the trains, work the signals carry out any repairs mainatance needed to carry the Wolves fans up there.

Ridiculous comment.

Back
Top Bottom