Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham (a) Refunds

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve had two of the tickets I bought refunded today (well the email not the £ into the bank yet) but nothing on the other WHU I got for those in the lower points bands.

From the email it looks like we won’t be getting any booking fees back, which is really poor imo (and possibly against the law?), as they add up when you buy quite a few tickets.

There’s still the EL game and Villa to for those who managed to get them before they were taken offline so you are talking a fair few £1,000s in booking fees for the supporters.

It’ll be min £3,000 for West Ham alone, closer to £4,500.

Last edited:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had an email about the Bournemouth home game. They are giving a credit for the sane stand and match category. If I want a refund I’ve got to email a request I think this is **** poor from the club and it should have just been an automatic cash refund.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Booking fees are non-refundable. Says that when you buy tickets.
They really should just give you an option online as to what you want to do with the refund. Jumping through hoops for money is very poor

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always paid cash in the ticket office, apart from the fa cup semi, because buying 5 tickets and the admin charges add up. But why the charges if your paying by debit/credit cards and no charge for paying cash?

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always paid cash in the ticket office, apart from the fa cup semi, because buying 5 tickets and the admin charges add up. But why the charges if your paying by debit/credit cards and no charge for paying cash?
They are not allowed to add extra on if you pay cash.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Booking fees are non-refundable. Says that when you buy tickets.
They really should just give you an option online as to what you want to do with the refund. Jumping through hoops for money is very poor
Yeah I get that they would be non-refundable if you were to return your ticket, this is a bit different with it being cancelled.

Like I said the club will have pocketed somewhere between £3000-£4500 from supporters for West Ham alone.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had an email about the Bournemouth home game. They are giving a credit for the sane stand and match category. If I want a refund I’ve got to email a request I think this is **** poor from the club and it should have just been an automatic cash refund.
That’s very poor. They sold tickets for an event that now won’t happen. They should be offering refunds, not credit.

Sure there’s probably a law about it.

Guess it shows what will happen with the season tickets...

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

I haven’t had West Ham email yet. The villa email looked like it was refunding £31 of which £1 was fees

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on guys give the club a break
They have been absolutely fantastic to us fans since they (Fosun) took over and also fantastic to the community and staff since the coronavirus outbreak.
In short they have made WWFC proud and pundits and media are reporting they are dong a great job
Just sit tight and make your comments when they make announcements in the future and everyone can see the bigger picture

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s very poor. They sold tickets for an event that now won’t happen. They should be offering refunds, not credit.

Sure there’s probably a law about it.

Guess it shows what will happen with the season tickets...
I can have a refund but I’ve got to email and ask for it. I don’t see why I should have to jump through hoops to get it. What makes the credit worse is I can only use it for a Cat B match in the Bully lower so quite restrictive.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on guys give the club a break
They have been absolutely fantastic to us fans since they (Fosun) took over and also fantastic to the community and staff since the coronavirus outbreak.
In short they have made WWFC proud and pundits and media are reporting they are dong a great job
Just sit tight and make your comments when they make announcements in the future and everyone can see the bigger picture
Sorry, but the club isn’t perfect and beyond reproach.

We’re all aware of how far Wolves have moved forwards on the pitch since Fosun took over, however if anything, the ticket office has gone backwards in that time.

Communication is slow to come forth whilst organisation in terms of dates has left a lot to be desired.

People shouldn’t be having to chase for refunds they’re legally entitled to. The club should really have made an announcement on the refund process as well instead of people getting random unannounced emails.

Criticism is allowed where it’s deserved.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough, but if I brought 5 tickets, why 5 lots of charges, its still only 1 transaction?
Rip off. That is what football as become I'm afraid. This whole crisis will hopefully make it all change. As I for one am sick to death of what has happened to football, never mind the world in general.

W

WasStefan

Agree really poor from the club.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can have a refund but I’ve got to email and ask for it. I don’t see why I should have to jump through hoops to get it. What makes the credit worse is I can only use it for a Cat B match in the Bully lower so quite restrictive.
You can send an email and they'll give you a refund and you think that's 'jumping through hoops'??

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can send an email and they'll give you a refund and you think that's 'jumping through hoops'??
it should be an automatic cash refund not a crappy offer of credit for the same stand and same category match. It’s just a really shady way of trying to hold onto fans cash at a time when we’ve no idea when we’ll be allowed back in the ground.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
it should be an automatic cash refund not a crappy offer of credit for the same stand and same category match. It’s just a really shady way of trying to hold onto fans cash at a time when we’ve no idea when we’ll be allowed back in the ground.
A really shady offer? Send an email, you get a refund. How difficult is that? We'll have to disagree. Seems really straightforward to me.

Reaction score
Out of interest and probably not in the correct thread but did anyone get their flight refunds for the Olympiakos away game through the airline??

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't go to the club though does it? It's
Rip off. That is what football as become I'm afraid. This whole crisis will hopefully make it all change. As I for one am sick to death of what has happened to football, never mind the world in general.
Literally the same as the majority of events with a booking fee.
The ticket office is the last part of the club to actually work like it should do.
Considering how professional everything else is now, it's like they just shuffle along being as inept as they were in League One

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't go to the club though does it? It's

Literally the same as the majority of events with a booking fee.
The ticket office is the last part of the club to actually work like it should do.
Considering how professional everything else is now, it's like they just shuffle along being as inept as they were in League One
Yes the booking fee goes to the club. I've never understood how the ticket office and any ticket sales brokers are allowed to charge fees by ticket, not by transaction. Even when they called it credit card charges, if I brought 5 tickets, it was still only 1 transaction, but I'd end up paying 5 handling fees.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should be grateful our booking fees are only £1.50 each!

I lost £25 on 4 sets of booking fees for Noel Gallagher at Cannock Chase just because they decided to cancel it rather than reshedule

Absolute disgrace to be honest, when events are cancellked (ie no alternative is offered to the customer) it should be a full refund.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read an article on some Birmingham news website that people have started getting communication from the club re home tickets (home matchday tickets I think), anyone heard from them?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I’ve had one email about Villa away and a £30 refund, nothing else.

Sideshow Bob

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Out of interest and probably not in the correct thread but did anyone get their flight refunds for the Olympiakos away game through the airline??
Nope, lost out on flights and hotel. If the fixture had been a week or two later might have stood a chance. Wonder how many Olympiakos fans coming over to Wolverhampton lost out?

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
I sent an email to the club yesterday asking for refunds on West ham and Olympiakos games.

I had a reply today saying that they will NOW refund Olympiakos seeing I've asked so nicely and that the West Ham tickets are being refunded automatically.

I wonder why weren't the Olympiakos tickets refunded automatically?

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sent an email to the club yesterday asking for refunds on West ham and Olympiakos games.

I had a reply today saying that they will NOW refund Olympiakos seeing I've asked so nicely and that the West Ham tickets are being refunded automatically.

I wonder why weren't the Olympiakos tickets refunded automatically?
Guessing nothing has been 100% confirmed with the Europa League yet?

N

northbank1967

had villa and west ham refund email last week but no money back in my accout yet

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange if they are refunding non-season ticket holders first.
I'm a non STH with tickets for Bournemouth and despite the Birmingham Mail reporting last week the club were contacting fans with tickets I've still not had that email so I wouldn't hold your breath to receive anything quickly!

Seems they've got one person sending individual emails off a list by the rate they're going at! Plus why no actual update to say they are contacting fans from Wolves.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I emailed them yesterday about the West Ham refunds and got a reply straight away. Said they were working through the refunds and it would be paid within the next 28 days

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I emailed them last Saturday about my Bournemouth refund and I’ve heard nothing back.

Back
Top Bottom