Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
C2545B8E-E775-4C46-9BCF-22B2F4F7B214.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!

After another utterly pointless international break, the real, serious football is back.

We find ourselves in a difficult situation. Results have been very poor for a while now, and even though performances have been a little better than the points we’ve got, it doesn’t exactly feel like we’re on the verge of going on a great run. Views on the manager range from “he’s the new Dean Saunders” (very unfair personally) to “he’s been very unlucky and needs more time” (a little bit generous for me). Whatever your views, you can’t ignore that something will have to change soon.

West Ham are also in a poor space right now. Like us they recruited quality in the summer but for whatever reason results haven’t followed. I actually like Moyes as a manager and I do think they will come good, but on paper it’s not a terrible time to play them. You wouldn’t imagine they’re bouncing with confidence, and especially at their home ground if things don’t go their way the atmosphere could be interesting.

We will miss Collins for the next three games for sure, it will be telling who comes in. For me it would be Toti, but I wouldn’t be against Mosquera starting so we can keep Kilman on the left. Rumours of Jonny at centre back don’t fill me with confidence! I’d hope for a line-up of:

Sa
Semedo Kilman Toti Ait-Nouri
Nunes Neves Traore (B)
Podence Costa Guedes​

Yep, that’s Diego! He should be involved today and it will be very interesting to see just what impact he has on the team. Having an out and out centre forward on the pitch should help us and if we can get anything like the Chelsea version of Costa, then we’re good to go.

Whether you’re following from London, Wolverhampton or anywhere in the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good to see football with a real purpose not stuff arranged with media profit in mind.
Not sure where we are in terms of today's game but I do hope we turn in a good performance with
the promise of better things ahead.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno talking about does Costa start or does Costa finish the game… let’s start him and have a solid plan b for 45 or 60mins after he goes off.

I’m more optimistic about this game today as long as the Jonny rumours aren’t true. We can keep the ball, play in their half and turn their crowd today… I’ve just got a feeling that something is going to click today.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully Costa starts as Bruno doesn't like making changes till about 70 minutes

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Peroni Noddy? Come on!

At least a later start and maybe an atmosphere for a late KO. On the other hand probably not home until Sunday. Whatever happens please God Bruno have a go!

Reaction score
While annoying and I’d usually agree, not sure we can say the last two international friendlies before a World Cup are pointless

Although after the two matches they probably were

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So long as we have a Portuguese manager, Joao Moutinho will start
He's seemingly lost his place in the national team now, do we really need to persist any more?

Reaction score
................................Sa
Semedo Jonny Neves Kilman Ran
................Mouts...Traore
....Neto.........Costa...........Podence

Ive heard

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bigger game for Lage than it is for us today. We lose there is still a massive great chunk of the season for us to turn it round, but I don't see how we can still say he's the right man for the job if we do.
How we do will depend upon the line up he picks, and the tactics deployed as much as the players effort. It's great to see Costa as the answer to all our problems, but we just don't know where he is at the moment. If he isn't fit enough and we get to see Podence trying to find spaces in the areas that are traditionally Rice's meat and drink, it could be a very long game. We'll see.
Some goals would be bloody lovely.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
................................Sa
Semedo Jonny Neves Kilman Ran
................Mouts...Traore
....Neto.........Costa...........Podence

Ive heard
Has he abandoned his methods again to save his skin or is it enforced due to the Collins suspension I wonder

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's seemingly lost his place in the national team now, do we really need to persist any more?

They idolise him (and rightly so), but agree that it’s time to move on and replace him. A bit part role off the bench to manage games is fine, but we need more mobility in the middle.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoy to those travelling down to the (beautiful?) East.

Beware the ballache of getting from Westfield to the ground, enjoy the **** overpriced beer and if you are unlucky to be in the gods then pray for signal to find out the scoreline.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slight miscalculation. Didn't realise the overground was shut too. Fun times at stratford then, pfft.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score

Beware the ballache of getting from Westfield to the ground, enjoy the **** overpriced beer and if you are unlucky to be in the gods then pray for signal to find out the scoreline.
I've gone with Stanmore and a long trip round the Jubilee. Is there any chance Bow St is better than the ridiculous detour back to Stratford at the back of the queue of ****neys after the game (particularly as looking at the suggested team, my mood might not be the best!)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 30466

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!

After another utterly pointless international break, the real, serious football is back.

We find ourselves in a difficult situation. Results have been very poor for a while now, and even though performances have been a little better than the points we’ve got, it doesn’t exactly feel like we’re on the verge of going on a great run. Views on the manager range from “he’s the new Dean Saunders” (very unfair personally) to “he’s been very unlucky and needs more time” (a little bit generous for me). Whatever your views, you can’t ignore that something will have to change soon.

West Ham are also in a poor space right now. Like us they recruited quality in the summer but for whatever reason results haven’t followed. I actually like Moyes as a manager and I do think they will come good, but on paper it’s not a terrible time to play them. You wouldn’t imagine they’re bouncing with confidence, and especially at their home ground if things don’t go their way the atmosphere could be interesting.

We will miss Collins for the next three games for sure, it will be telling who comes in. For me it would be Toti, but I wouldn’t be against Mosquera starting so we can keep Kilman on the left. Rumours of Jonny at centre back don’t fill me with confidence! I’d hope for a line-up of:

Sa
Semedo Kilman Toti Ait-Nouri
Nunes Neves Traore (B)
Podence Costa Guedes​

Yep, that’s Diego! He should be involved today and it will be very interesting to see just what impact he has on the team. Having an out and out centre forward on the pitch should help us and if we can get anything like the Chelsea version of Costa, then we’re good to go.

Whether you’re following from London, Wolverhampton or anywhere in the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!
I have to say, Jade, when l read your Saunderesque and unfair comment my first thought was that you meant unfair to Dean.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we’re going 5 at the back surely we need some pace up front to go back to our counter attacking style?

Adama and Costa up front would be awesome.

I actually quite like the thought of Neves in the ‘Coady role’. His distribution will be fantastic from that position. Could also step up into a midfield 3 without the need to make a sub??

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've gone with Stanmore and a long trip round the Jubilee. Is there any chance Bow St is better than the ridiculous detour back to Stratford at the back of the queue of ****neys after the game (particularly as looking at the suggested team, my mood might not be the best!)
Bow St??? Depending on where you want to get to l suggest that you look at the DLR and changing.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bow St??? Depending on where you want to get to l suggest that you look at the DLR and changing.
Stratford international worth a punt when leaving? Else I'm shopping for an hour :-/

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stratford international worth a punt when leaving? Else I'm shopping for an hour :-/
Where are you trying to get to? Stratford International would be quieter certainly. DLR from there goes to Woolwich Arsenal - would get you to West Ham or Canning Town where you could change to the Tube.

Don't want to depress people but the Jubilee line is having problems today too...

Keep an eye on:

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

My first visit to the London stadium today courtesy of brother in law's connection at golf club, so we are in corporate seating. Going to be difficult keeping quiet if we score.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's try to get through the first minute and build from there.

All the best to the fans who are going down there. And I hope the fans gathering in Houston have a great time. It's better than suffering alone.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Sorry, meant Bow Rd (I was in Monopoly mode). Google has it as 29min walk, it's taken way longer to actually get to Stratford with the bloody wall outside the ground and the lollipop men! Then District to get to Jubliee (God knows what if that's struggling,)

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Madness if that's his team selection does he want the sack ?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where are you trying to get to? Stratford International would be quieter certainly. DLR from there goes to Woolwich Arsenal - would get you to West Ham or Canning Town where you could change to the Tube.

Don't want to depress people but the Jubilee line is having problems today too...

Keep an eye on:
Ending up camden but really just trying to avoid the dumb walk to stratford and the crazy station. Overground has always worked well in the past.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, meant Bow Rd (I was in Monopoly mode). Google has it as 29min walk, it's taken way longer to actually get to Stratford with the bloody wall outside the ground and the lollipop men! Then District to get to Jubliee (God knows what if that's struggling,)

It's not a bad call to get to a line that doesn't run through Stratford. Bromley by Bow station is closer though. If you do end up in Stratford proper a 25 bus (there are probably others) will take you to Bow Road.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ending up camden but really just trying to avoid the dumb walk to stratford and the crazy station. Overground has always worked well in the past.
You still there, huh. Living near Canonbury station l know exactly what you mean about the Overground.

District to Bank (or Embankment), Northern from there.

Think that l might be tempted by DLR from Stratford International to Canning Town, change onto DLR to Bank then the Northern line though.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if answered already but it isn't a bad shout at all, personally I walk to Plaistow and get the bus home because I'll be waiting an hour to get out anyways so let's just get some exercise in, but can't see why it wouldn't work that way.

Always the option of the walk to West Ham and trying to go that route onto DLR/Jubilee and onwards but overall it is a pretty meh ground to get out of.

Not many ways you can go about without hitting some form of delay, I avoid Westfield and Stratford like a plague on a match day, which sucks midweek as I've a need to go there for work on the occasion!

Back
Top Bottom