Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wenger

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
One of the best things that happened to the English game. Lost their place at the top table when their move to The Emirates coincided with the new influx of money at Chelsea, Man City etc and meant they couldn't compete financially.

Has struggled in recent years and made some very questionable signings over that period but up until then he had done an incredible job.

Would love him as England Manager if Southgate were to go after the World Cup.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder who'll get the gig and whether it will be a Fergie/Man U scenario.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
There was talk of Ancellotti coming in,he still lives in London ,with Vieira or possibly Henry being Number 2 until they learn the ropes .

D

Deleted member 4456

Ancelotti has a "merry go round" feel about him. They thought outside the box when they appointed Wenger in the first place - they should do it again. I see that Twitter is flooded with people saying "good riddance"; most probably people who have never been to Highbury or Ashburton Grove, or that tit "Troopz".

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes it's about time, but what a legend. Some of the football his sides have produced over the years has been nothing short of phenomenal. Not enough trophies in recent years and they've gotten worse with each passing year, but what a legacy he has left. I don't think anyone will ever forget that team of Invincibles - Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Vieira, Ljungberg... what a side.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do not want to even go there but i was genuinely thinking few weeks ago how Nuno would be a good fit for Arsenal. Actually in the mould of Wenger all those years ago..Someone young, fresh, new ideas.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf I would go furt
One of the best things that happened to the English game. Lost their place at the top table when their move to The Emirates coincided with the new influx of money at Chelsea, Man City etc and meant they couldn't compete financially.

Has struggled in recent years and made some very questionable signings over that period but up until then he had done an incredible job.

I would go further than that and make him supremo of football in this country as a whole with the remit of changing the way football is taught from a young age in this country, with an emphasis on technique over physicality. Its the only way we will produce players good enough to compete at the highest level.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A Frenchy?? :eek:

D

Deleted member 5242

It'll be interesting to see what happens at Arsenal now. The grass ain't always greener

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Didn't he almost finance the move with his transfer and home grown policies so Arsenal were never in a bad debt situation?

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've enjoyed watching Arsenal sides for many years under Wenger and also Wenger himself has been very entertaining.

Footballs about ideas, entertainment and characters and Wenger has always bought that to the party.

I would applaud him if it were Wolves playing them in the last couple of games, for sure.

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I'm right in saying he played 10 games against Wolves, including the FA Cup, and won the lot. Wolves have an abysmal record against Arsenal going back to the '70s. Let's hope it changes now.

G

Guido Fawkes

Think I'm right in saying he played 10 games against Wolves, including the FA Cup, and won the lot. Wolves have an abysmal record against Arsenal going back to the '70s. Let's hope it changes now.

We ground out a 1-1 draw at the Emirates when Milijas got harshly sent off and Fletcher scored for us.

The low point was in the Dave Jones PL season when we sent a full strength team to play against Arsenal Ladies practically at Highbury in midweek League Cup game. Tonked 5-1. Fabregas' debut

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was talk of Ancellotti coming in,he still lives in London ,with Vieira or possibly Henry being Number 2 until they learn the ropes .
I hope it's Ancelotti, just to have that eyebrow back in the Premier League

eyebrow.jpg

M

Mr Wolf

Built a quality attacking team team based on George Graham’s defence then did well finding Sol Campbell to replace Adams but since then he’s done nothing & been shown as a one trick pony for me at the highest levels of the game.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had a really successful team when he had tall, athletic, and technically gifted players. I've heard many ex-players say Arsenal won games when the teams were lined up in the tunnel before kick-off just because of how intimidating they looked. For some reason he moved away from that.

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
A look at the table shows that Arsenal are 35 points off the title. But from where Wenger was sitting he couldn't see it.

D

Deleted member 3751

I'm not surprised. I was amazed to see they've lost every away game in the league in 2018 and a side like Arsenal shouldn't be doing that.

See who they get in, never know. If Arsenal start to struggle a little in a transitional period it may open a door to the top six in the next couple of years

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf I would go furt

I would go further than that and make him supremo of football in this country as a whole with the remit of changing the way football is taught from a young age in this country, with an emphasis on technique over physicality. Its the only way we will produce players good enough to compete at the highest level.

OMG have you furted?? :D:p

R

reanswolf

Built a quality attacking team team based on George Graham’s defence then did well finding Sol Campbell to replace Adams but since then he’s done nothing & been shown as a one trick pony for me at the highest levels of the game.
Agree.

Superb at first but has dragged Arsenal down over the last 5-6years.
Egoistical.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had a really successful team when he had tall, athletic, and technically gifted players. I've heard many ex-players say Arsenal won games when the teams were lined up in the tunnel before kick-off just because of how intimidating they looked. For some reason he moved away from that.
Seemed to go move away from it after losing to Barca in the CL final 2006 i think, seemed to want to copy their style, since then he's been obsessed with signing smaller technical same type of players and hasn't really worked for him

W

Wolfgang Wolf

considering that arsenal are the natural second biggest english club wenger has done crap for at least 10 years.
not that i give a toss about arsenal or wenger as long as they keep away from nuno

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He achieved so much during the first 10 years of his reign as manager.
Not just the incredible "Invincibles" team but also helping to make Arsenal a huge influence in modernising Premiership football.
Speaking as a neutral, the Premiership will never quite seem the same without Wenger. :):)

W

wanderer24

Legend.
Not so much over the last few years but I loved watching Wenger’s Arsenal.....they have played some stunning football. For a long time, I wished we could have played football to just a tenth of the way they played.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We ground out a 1-1 draw at the Emirates when Milijas got harshly sent off and Fletcher scored for us.

The low point was in the Dave Jones PL season when we sent a full strength team to play against Arsenal Ladies practically at Highbury in midweek League Cup game. Tonked 5-1. Fabregas' debut

I went to that. It was a shocker

Back
Top Bottom