Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

We were unlucky today

W

WasStefan

Better team in the first half clearly, robbed by refereeing incompetence and some bad luck in terms of the goals conceded. Stats were also heavily in our favour.

We were unlucky, this happens - we got $$$$ed over. Let's move on.

If we play like we did in the first half for half of our games remaining this season we will stay up.

Onwards and upwards, bring on Norwich. Keep the faith!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jungleee

Are we allowed to lose the faith after we lose to Norwich then? :D

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I kind of agree, Stoke were lucky to win, I'm not sure we were unlucky to lose. How many shots on target did we have?

W

WasStefan

I kind of agree, Stoke were lucky to win, I'm not sure we were unlucky to lose. How many shots on target did we have?

6 to their 4 according to MOTD. 59/41 possession to us. Every relevant stat went in our favour.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Better team in the first half clearly, robbed by refereeing incompetence and some bad luck in terms of the goals conceded. Stats were also heavily in our favour.

If we play like we did in the first half for half of our games remaining this season we will stay up.

I agree unlucky but I am still angry at crap refereeing

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6 to their 4 according to MOTD. 59/41 possession to us. Every relevant stat went in our favour.

Oh right, fair enough, didn't seem as if we troubled them enough second half. Like I said, i agree, stoke were lucky. ********s.

W

WasStefan

Oh right, fair enough, didn't seem as if we troubled them enough second half. Like I said, i agree, stoke were lucky. ********s.

Second half would have been completely different if that free kick hadn't been given. Shocking decision and then terrible luck with the deflection then poor goalkeeping from Hen.

It wasn't to be.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I think if hunt had scored that chance second half to make it 2-0 we'd have been fine. Still, nice of the ref to help stoke out.

W

WasStefan

Yeah, I think if hunt had scored that chance second half to make it 2-0 we'd have been fine. Still, nice of the ref to help stoke out.

Couldn't believe it at the time, Fletcher was in acres of space and would have undoubtably buried it.

Apart from the pen I think Hunt was very poor.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot that chance, that was first half, I meant his shot second half. Yeah he should have squared that to fletcher.

$$$$ we really should have won today. :(

W

WasStefan

Oh yeah, I forgot that chance, that was first half, I meant his shot second half. Yeah he should have squared that to fletcher.

$$$$ we really should have won today. :(

Shoulda woulda coulda.

One of them ain't it.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every relevant stat went in our favour.

The only relevant stat went in Stoke's favour.

We were unlucky with the first goal to be fair but there's really no use in saying "if we play like that............................we will stay up" The problem is playing well for 30 minutes every 3 or 4 matches isn't enough to keep any team up.

J

Jungleee

The only relevant stat went in Stoke's favour.

We were unlucky with the first goal to be fair but there's really no use in saying "if we play like that............................we will stay up" The problem is playing well for 30 minutes every 3 or 4 matches isn't enough to keep any team up.

Your signature is genius.

That is all.

DawleyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we allowed to lose the faith after we lose to Norwich then? :D

only if we then fail to sign good players in January as well

I think we are only 1 decent player away from becoming a winning side

thehistorymakers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we play like we did in the first half for half of our games remaining this season we will stay up. Faf

Im so $$$$ed off today.i dont care what league we are in.what matters to me ,is the loyalty of our fans.stefan,thanks ,for a great post.its -2 where i am ,on this sunday morning.i have my wolves shirt on in the paper shop.i dont live in the midlands.yfou are a true,loyal wolvrs fan.i have reminded me ,why i love the wolves.thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Edgmond Wolf

Good to see Mick getting at the ref yesterday too

Bring on Norwich

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps a little misfortune on their goals but I thought that they controlled long periods of the game after 30 minutes.
I felt a draw would have been about right but we can't keep complaining about luck. We need a few points over Xmas and New Year. Bolton is a huge game for both clubs.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Perhaps a little misfortune on their goals but I thought that they controlled long periods of the game after 30 minutes.
I felt a draw would have been about right but we can't keep complaining about luck. We need a few points over Xmas and New Year. Bolton is a huge game for both clubs.

We had alot more possession that Stoke more shots on and off target and more corners. We deserved a point we played much better than we have of late
We need to keep it going for the full 90 minutes though

W

WasStefan

It's impossible to control a games for the whole 90 minutes, unless your Barcelona :D. The other side will always have chances/passages of play where they are on top, that's why we all love football, it's unpredictable at times.

At first I was really $$$$ed off and down beat about the defeat yesterday, but look at it with some perspective. We played well first half, played them off the park - it was closer in the second I wouldn't say they were amazingly good but they got 2 or 3 huge slices of luck. What goes around comes around hopefully.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you know: Stoke have never had more possession than their opponents in the four years they've been in the Premier League. Therefore having more possession than them is largely unsurprising.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We may have been the better side in the first half but we once again did not capitalise on it. We had no idea how to break them down. No threat except for the penalty and if Woodgate had not fouled Jarvis we may have just seen that chance disappear like the others. We should have been two or three up in the first half so no I dont think we were ulucky.

B

Bevan

You have to take each game in isolation. We played well today, were unlucky, and lost. There are no positives in that. If we play well (which isn't often) then we need to capitalise on it by getting a positive result.

There is no guarantee we'll take the same level of performance into the Norwich game, or benefit from a huge slice of luck then to even things out.

Tuesday is a new game under new circumstances. Given how inconsistent we are, God knows what will happen...

Back
Top Bottom