Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

We must be doing something right

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
With Traore coming on tonight that makes 16 players who have earned a full cap as a Wolves under Nuno
Patricio
Semedo
Coady
Saiss
Douglas
Jonny
Dendoncker
Neves
Moutinho
Traore
Raul
Jota
Doherty
Costa
ALF
Afobe
-Hope that includes everyone
Podence and Boly could also play soon that is a remarkable number fora team who were in League 1 6/7 years ago .
Furthermore during that period who would have believed we would have current England ,Spain ,Portugal,Belgium and Mexico Internationals in our midst ?

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Traore coming on tonight that makes 13 players who have earned a full cap as a Wplayer under Nuno
Patricio
Coady
Saiss
Douglas
Jonny
Dendoncker
Neves
Moutinho
Traore
Raul
Jota
Doherty
Costa
With Semedo already a full International plus Podence and Boly who could also play soon that is a remarkable number fora team who were in League 1 6/7 years ago .
Furthermore during that period who would have believed we would have current England ,Spain ,Portugal,Belgium and Mexico Internationals in our midst ?
Semedo came on tonight and was marking Adama

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard the name but must have missed him coming on and assumed it was the other one
The other one started. Nelson was subbed on.

Think the Duracell Bunny left before the first 17-18 internationals. What about Kemes?

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Traore coming on tonight that makes 14 players who have earned a full cap as a Wplayer under Nuno
Patricio
Semedo
Coady
Saiss
Douglas
Jonny
Dendoncker
Neves
Moutinho
Traore
Raul
Jota
Doherty
Costa
With Semedo already a full
Podence and Boly could also play soon that is a remarkable number fora team who were in League 1 6/7 years ago .
I think possibly more importantly, a good number of those players earned their FIRST cap while playing under Nuno, we have some coaching setup here

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Yes, N'Diaye is another (Senegal) and Afobe played for Congo during his brief spell here under Nuno.
So if we include Alf ,Afobe and Kemes that takes us up to 17 now then

Think the Duracell Bunny left before the first 17-18 internationals. What about Kemes?
i included Kemes when you mentioned him but unfortunately he didn’t win a cap under Nuno

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have young players also representing their countries in their age groups too. Neto, Silva, Ait-Nouri, Vitinha, Marques, lots of represenation from full caps to U21/U19's in our club. Fantastic for us going forwards.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if we include Alf ,Afobe and Kemes that takes us up to 17 now then

i included Kemes when you mentioned him but unfortunately he didn’t win a cap under Nuno
I checked. Sadly you were right. I think he was named in the squad as a gesture of solidarity.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sadly Ikemes illness was discovered in Nunos first pre season, as players returned.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have young players also representing their countries in their age groups too. Neto, Silva, Ait-Nouri, Vitinha, Marques, lots of represenation from full caps to U21/U19's in our club. Fantastic for us going forwards.
Matheson in England u19s also

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think possibly more importantly, a good number of those players earned their FIRST cap while playing under Nuno, we have some coaching setup here
Those are the real success stories for me, how many of those does that apply to a fair few I'd have thought?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those are the real success stories for me, how many of those does that apply to a fair few I'd have thought?

I think

Doherty
Douglas
Jota
Costa
Jonny
Traore
Coady

And the majority are for what we'd call strong nations.

Pretty soon we should be able to add Podence to that list, and perhaps some time this season Neto. I would guess that some of the guys we've signed in the last month will be hoping Nuno and his team can help them get into their national sides too over the next couple of years

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would be super impressed if Nuno got Adam Le Fondre (ALF) a cap!

I saw that and thought le fondre. I started thinking maybe he played for Gibraltar or something, and trained with us when Nuno arrived.

It baffled me to the point I was trying to convince myself it was possible!

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw that and thought le fondre. I started thinking maybe he played for Gibraltar or something, and trained with us when Nuno arrived.

It baffled me to the point I was trying to convince myself it was possible!
Yeah I was thinking something like how Ashley Barnes played for Austria U21, or even if ALF had played for Australia having played there (obviously after wolves though)

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Traore coming on tonight that makes 16 players who have earned a full cap as a Wolves under Nuno
Patricio
Semedo
Coady
Saiss
Douglas
Jonny
Dendoncker
Neves
Moutinho
Traore
Raul
Jota
Doherty
Costa
ALF
Afobe
And breaking even this season in transfers. You'd show this to somebody in 2013 and they'd assume FFP had been abolished and we were running at a net £430m debt like Man United are.

cowshed

Reaction score
The new goalie at Shrewsbury, is he a full international?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's also those who'd earned the odd cap but have since become regulars or indispensable in Raul's case.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Talked to similar about this on our Whole Lotta Wolves podcast over here during this weekend's episode, as I remember when we still had to play on international weekends - typically on a Friday night - as back then, the one random Welsh U21 international we might have had called up didn't warrant a postponment!

Back
Top Bottom