Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Warburton (again)

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see in a report in the Guardian that Brentford have issued a statement which does not deny that regardless of how the club does this season, he will be out of a job at season end. My reading of the article would suggest that this is by mutual consent. It would suggest that things are not all rosey in the garden at the Bees and that they may not be best motivated for an end of season run in.

E

Essex Wolf

I see in a report in the Guardian that Brentford have issued a statement which does not deny that regardless of how the club does this season, he will be out of a job at season end. My reading of the article would suggest that this is by mutual consent. It would suggest that things are not all rosey in the garden at the Bees and that they may not be best motivated for an end of season run in.

Does make you wonder what's going on behind the scenes WIL.

Like him or not and likewise with Brentford it cannot be argued that he has done a good job so what's the reasoning behind this?

M

merseawolf

Seems a bit of an odd one. New stadium on the horizon and the owners may be thinking he's not up to the task ahead. Take Southampton as an example when they got rid of Adkins everyone was screaming and shouting but it proved to be a wise move. I always think Warburton comes across a bit smarmy and I do hope he turns out to be out of his depth

D

Deleted member 4456

And who are they expecting to attract who's going to do better? Warburton is a $$$$er but he gets results and finds exciting players.

E

Essex Wolf

Seems a bit of an odd one. New stadium on the horizon and the owners may be thinking he's not up to the task ahead. Take Southampton as an example when they got rid of Adkins everyone was screaming and shouting but it proved to be a wise move. I always think Warburton comes across a bit smarmy and I do hope he turns out to be out of his depth

Agreed re how he comes across and certainly not my cup of tea and wouldn't want to ever see him at Wolves but with how well Brentford have done since he took over it seems very odd.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably a takeover in the pipeline and Warburton is going to be out on his ear as soon as it happens.

Wiltshire Wolfie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
And who are they expecting to attract who's going to do better? Warburton is a $$$$er but he gets results and finds exciting players.

This.

The workings of the powers that be which destroy fans expectations and dreams. Bunch of idiots.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another owner that wants a manager that looks good in a v-neck more than anything else.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Guess he could be offered his DoF position back?

gewolf

Reaction score
We have to hope that not only was last night's result a change for us in terms of suddenly being able to score goals and win by decent margins, but also that more than one of the seven above us begins to crumble.
This could, hopefully, indicate that the first of them has started to. Brentford was always my favourite to fall towards the end.
I'm not sure who else though?

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone mentioned Ipswich lately. While I have great time and respect for Mick I think they are massively overly performing given the resources and players available to him.

D

Deleted member 4456

The comments I've read in the Standard are strange. It almost seems to be a case of we're happy to keep him until the end of the season but if you came in for him, we could agree a compensation package very quickly. The comment from Matt Benham along the lines of "he will have turned heads over the past few months" was very telling.

D

drewtwulf

It would have been nice if tractor-boy-McCarthy had lost last night, as it was they got out of jail a bit with two second half goals but their form doesn't appear to be as convincing of late.

Most likely do enough for a PO place but I'd love it if we could come up on the rails and take their spot in the top 6 come seasons end.

E

Essex Wolf

It would have been nice if tractor-boy-McCarthy had lost last night, as it was they got out of jail a bit with two second half goals but their form doesn't appear to be as convincing of late.

Most likely do enough for a PO place but I'd love it if we could come up on the rails and take their spot in the top 6 come seasons end.

I'd like to see a Wolves V Ipswich play off final with Wolves obvious winners.

Neves wolf

Reaction score
If that was me being told I'm leaving at the end of season no matter what I would be thinking why should I bother making an effort to go up. I can see them falling down the table soon. I'm sure the players would think this too. They obviously work for there manager and knowing he's going will effect there morale

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The comments I've read in the Standard are strange. It almost seems to be a case of we're happy to keep him until the end of the season but if you came in for him, we could agree a compensation package very quickly. The comment from Matt Benham along the lines of "he will have turned heads over the past few months" was very telling.

Next QPR Manager ?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope they go on a lossing run. Mainly so we can seek into the play offs.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But by the seasons end both teams could be in a different league to now so seems strange if that's the case. He in theory could be taking a backwards step?

But it seems he is getting the boot from Brentford anyway at the end of the season so why not go to QPR ?

E

Essex Wolf

But it seems he is getting the boot from Brentford anyway at the end of the season so why not go to QPR ?

Looking like it that way fully agree but should Brentford go up could the club justify unloading him?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom