Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Walsall game

J

Jungleee

Tickets are available on the door for Walsall fans? Yeah. That makes sense... Surprised WMP have allowed that.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So how many off molmix are going tonight. Anyone know ticket sales.

I'll be there and looking forward to it.

Went to our last game in this competition in 1989 when we were holders. A hugely disappointing exit 0-2 to Torquay after winning the first leg away. Over 22,000 were packed into the only two sides of the ground that were open at that time (John Ireland and South Bank) with the few Torquay fans in a corner of the John Ireland.

The game took place just three days after the Hillsbrough tragedy and I recall there was some debate about whether the game should have been postponed. Understandably the atmosphere at the ground before the game was strangely sombre and there wasn't the buzz that would normally accompany a game with a Wembley final up for grabs. It just didn't seem to be quite appropriate to be playing a game when the football community was still in a state of shock at the appalling loss of lives.

Had we won we would have played Bolton in the final.

G

gloucester wolf

3 of us going tonight tickets in middle south bank for a change so hopeing for good atmosphere UTW

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The texts and emails are now beginning to come in from a few gobby Walsall "fans" that I know. Strange that, they were Man Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea fans last season!

Bless them.

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has the mobility scooter convoy set out yet?

W

wolvesultra

I've heard they're actually making the 9.45pm 529 a double decker to cope with the demand :D

Back
Top Bottom