Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Walsall game

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I rarely look at other club's fans forums but i came across this today whilst looking for something else, i know there was a thread recently about smallsall/little albion but this made me chuckle so i thought i'd share some of their enlightened views of us:-

http://www.upthesaddlers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42871

What amuses me is that some of them think that they'd bring 5000 or that they'll be given most or all of the north bank when they struggle to get that many for home.

You can almost taste the venom and jealousy in their posts about us - it's definitely little man syndrome

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm looking forward as ever to the walk from station to ground. It's like the sad bits in comic relief. Makes you grateful.

Bless them :D

Take it from someone who knows, there are strange and demented characters whilst working through both towns, only difference is Wolvo is a bigger version of a dump.

I will never understand Walsall justifying calling Wolverhampton Wanderers "dingles"

Last edited by a moderator:

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bless them :D

Take it from someone who knows, there are strange and demented characters whilst working through both towns, only difference is Wolvo is a bigger version of a dump.

I will never understand Walsall justifying calling Wolverhampton Wanderers "dingles"

Alas we will never experience the vibrant atmosphere and careless abandon of dreamy nights spent in the bars and cafes along the left bank of the Birchills Stairway, where the air is forever charged with sparkling, witty repartee and sotto voce murmourings of revolution....

Ah, the memories. See Walsall and die they said..

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alas we will never experience the vibrant atmosphere and careless abandon of dreamy nights spent in the bars and cafes along the left bank of the Birchills Stairway, where the air is forever charged with sparkling, witty repartee and sotto voce murmourings of revolution....

Wolverhampton does at least have some very nice areas. There isn't actually one part of Walsall that is nice,every part of it ironically smacks as "Dingleland"... any part that is a nice area to live will infact be bordering on either Wolverhampton, Cannock or Birmingham. I grew up in the Butts which is in the thick of Walsall and then Willenhall which you could class as either Wolverhampton or Walsall and now live in Aldridge but you could often mistake that as Sutton Coldfield, an area you would never associate with Walsall.

M

molineuxmen

Well as you lived in the Butts then you must surely know that Mellish road and surrounding area is a lovely part of Walsall. right up to where it meets Aldridge and starts to get worse!

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
You know what they say though, "There's nothing like a passionate, fierce derby..."

This is nothing like a passionate, fierce derby, let's be honest. It's the closest we'll get though next season, so we might as well embrace it. I reckon the first game will be called off anyway, it's an International weekend I think.

E

Essex Wolf

Reckon the Coventry games will be better WS10. Not the biggest of clubs themselves but a damn site better than the pee poor following from Walsall.

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They could be given Steve Bull lower and NB quadrant. If marketed and priced correctly it could be a very large gate.

Hereford Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Goscote?

W

WasStefan

Wouldn't class Willenhall as Walsall at all. The council may say it is, but it is not.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't class Willenhall as Walsall at all. The council may say it is, but it is not.

In the house my mate use to live at in Bentley, his phone number started 01902

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Vraiment. Le Boulevard Goscote.....paved with lost souls of tortured artisans, littered with the broken promises of star-crossed lovers.

And the smells eminating from the shadows of its countless side streets...freshly lit Gauloises, a bubbling bouillabaisse heavy with the unctuous oils of the morning catch of gudgeon, and always the breathy promise of stale perfume....

I have fallen in and out of love a thousand times in Goscote.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to have a market, don't know if they still do......... That's pretty much exhausted my knowledge of Walsall.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The italian restaurant in Gornal that i go to has a 01902 number too so that kinda $$$$$$e$ on your chips ;-)

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Go a mile and a half from Bentley to Darlaston and you've got a Walsall postcode and an 0121 number. Work that one out.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only decent atmosphere they have in the following order.
1) Pre season friendly against us.
2) Rush hour traffic on the M6.
3) Boot sale...

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The italian restaurant in Gornal that i go to has a 01902 number too so that kinda $$$$$$e$ on your chips ;-)

I've never dined I'm Gornal so it's not my chips that they've been $$$$ing on ;-)

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I rarely look at other club's fans forums but i came across this today whilst looking for something else, i know there was a thread recently about smallsall/little albion but this made me chuckle so i thought i'd share some of their enlightened views of us:-

http://www.upthesaddlers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42871

What amuses me is that some of them think that they'd bring 5000 or that they'll be given most or all of the north bank when they struggle to get that many for home.

You can almost taste the venom and jealousy in their posts about us - it's definitely little man syndrome

....and yes we are little men, just like them

Me Babbies

Reaction score
One point on this game tho?
Is this an international weekend?
& is ther a hence ou game will be moved due to international commitments?

I'm only asking as I'm off on holiday so am currently missin it.
A home derby was bout the only highlight of earlybird for me!

W

we8wba

Looking forward to Coventry and Sheffield coming tbh both would actually bring some fans for atmosphere

Should be good came at bescot or whatever it's called nowadays, I'd imagine we'd get half their ground for capacity??

Could be there first sell out since Leeds were in town last

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolverhampton does at least have some very nice areas. There isn't actually one part of Walsall that is nice,every part of it ironically smacks as "Dingleland"... any part that is a nice area to live will infact be bordering on either Wolverhampton, Cannock or Birmingham. I grew up in the Butts which is in the thick of Walsall and then Willenhall which you could class as either Wolverhampton or Walsall and now live in Aldridge but you could often mistake that as Sutton Coldfield, an area you would never associate with Walsall.

Aldridge is like Sutton coldfield? delusions of grandeur old son. Lol.. More like part of Brownhills.

Know what you mean though, I am in Bloxwich on the Staffordshire / wolves border. To be honest even the nicer places in Wolves are on the outskirts...

D

Deleted member 4152

One of them on that site reckons it's a derby game. Is this true?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
technically yes.they are our nearest rivals,if you want to call them that,they absolutely hate wolves so for them its a big massive derby,

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets be honest ~ they are a little tin pot football club who have grubbed about for years living off poor crowds and the annual hope of pulling someone big in the cup to make a few bob . They never have or will mean anything to us or indeed any other midland club . They are dying to call our games derbies - let them - its a shame for them . They will get a good home gate and a day out at a nice away ground next season . We played them in a friendly and they sang some vile songs about the young Wolves fan stabbed to death in the street after coming out of a nightclub ~ not big, not clever and it is this and the bile they are spouting currently that will see major trouble next season if they dont wind their necks in .
They need to shut up and stop trying to build a toxic rivalry that we simply arent interested in .

M

morosewolf

The home match will be rearranged due to it being an International weekend, then their 5k travelling army won't be able to get to the rearranged night game as it'll be too late for their tag curfew.

R

reanswolf

Most people in Walsall say they support Manure or Liverpool, just like everywhere else I spose.

I see more WBA these says in Walsall in the town, guess its the nearest town centre for West Brom/Wednesbury people to go to.

As far as i know, most Wolves fans in the borough of Walsall are from Willenhall/Bentley/Short Heath/Moxley (it really ought to be part of Wolverhampton), with a sprinkling from Darlo and Bloxwich.

A

andyc225

Most people in Walsall say they support Manure or Liverpool, just like everywhere else I spose.

I see more WBA these says in Walsall in the town, guess its the nearest town centre for West Brom/Wednesbury people to go to.

As far as i know, most Wolves fans in the borough of Walsall are from Willenhall/Bentley/Short Heath/Moxley (it really ought to be part of Wolverhampton), with a sprinkling from Darlo and Bloxwich.

Either way, the 529s from the bus station are more full of football fans than the buses to the Bescot. Don't they play at home when Wolves are away for attendance revenue protection reasons?

W

WasStefan

Either way, the 529s from the bus station are more full of football fans than the buses to the Bescot. Don't they play at home when Wolves are away for attendance revenue protection reasons?

529 is packed on match days with Wolves fans, every other bus going the other way towards Walsall are partially empty. Fortunately I don't have to use the bus any more, though, so that May have miraculously changed (I doubt it).

As for Willenhall, Moxley etc. there's easily more Albion fans than Walsall fans. I'd say 80% Wolves, 15% Albion, 5% Walsall, this is disregarding alot of glory hunting $$$$ers, though.

W

we8wba

I've never met a Walsall fan and that's the truth!

Same, I live in Worcestershire and have never met or even seen a Walsall fan on a non match day!!

I even know 3-4 different Plymouth fans for goodness sake yet zilch walsall

CephasWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they'll be playing in a special kit, or releasing a song when they play us?

CephasWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
RE: the outlying areas and smaller towns around the Black Country, when they reorganised the area in the 70s they wanted to create four roughly equal sized boroughs. As Wolverhampton was already quite a lot bigger than Walsall and Dudley, areas more traditionally associated with Wolvo (Sedgley, Willenhall, Moxley, Codsall etc.) got shifted to the other authorities to make numbers up.

Back
Top Bottom