Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Vinny Clarke OUT

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So you'd rather your loyalty points just vanished into thin air?
I'm not one of the chosen few, I used to be able to get to any game I wanted because I went once or twice a month to any game I could get to. The club clearly know they're being sly, which is why they announced these changes well after membership renewal reopened. If they'd made clear what membership would mean this season (**** all) takeup would've been incredibly low

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loyalty points will still count towards Away Games which is why I bought a membership 20 years ago as I couldn’t get to many home games but due to where I lived at the time there were several away games I could get to and being a Member helped to get tickets. I know that away tickets have been as rare as Unicorns but those who go to a lot of games will be able to use them if we progress in the cup I would imagine.

If I was looking at our membership scheme from outside I would say it’s unfair and disadvantages new Members. Technically your points from one season shouldn’t carry over to the next but due to custom and practice they have done for the first few games of a season. This means that if you were able to go to a lot of games one season you are at an immediate advantage to someone who has paid the same membership fee either as a new member or an existing member who couldn’t get to games and therefore hasn’t built up sufficient points.

changing any system has its issues and will always create winners and losers. Whether charging £20 more for those with sufficient loyalty points to get preferential treatment is fair or not is a different question. The club would have been within their rights to say they are not running a loyalty point scheme for home games this season and those who went to games the last season it was open would start at the same level as everyone else. Alternatively they could have charged those with less loyalty points or new Members £15 as they would have little chance of getting in under the existing loyalty scheme. I imagine the reaction would be the same.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How on earth are they going to allocate tickets if we get to a semi and/or final at Wembley?!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
STH's, then Members, then non-members I assume. A lot simpler than the last time I guess

Once STH's have had their pick, they should print off the rest of the allocation and put them in the centre circle at Molineux.

Then invite all members to come and fight over them.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Once STH's have had their pick, they should print off the rest of the allocation and put them in the centre circle at Molineux.

I vote Yea.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why are STHs getting first pick?

over the past 3 years I’ve been to the same amount of games and paid a lot more for the privilege as a “member”....;)

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh dear. A new Moxey out type movement is blooming, our new manager has yet to do any interviews or offered any words since he arrived for pre-season…..those Nuno/Dalrymple days of reconnection with fans seems a long time ago.
Yep. Clearly the club is operating under a different mandate these days. Such a shame.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is when the success stops and you’re back in the Championship and the supporter from Kent does’t fancy Lincoln at home on Tuesday night in February.

So you think we will be relegated then?? Talk about a negative mindset. Do you still moan about brexit??

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is when the success stops and you’re back in the Championship and the supporter from Kent does’t fancy Lincoln at home on Tuesday night in February.

So you think we will be relegated then?? Talk about a negative mindset. Do you still moan about brexit??
Unlikely next season & No its ****in fantastic, especially the way it triggers the unhinged FBPE mob on twitter.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From my "now-home" in California I have visited my "old-home" (Wolverhampton), a dozen times since I left. I always planned my trips to get in as many games as possible (home and away). It was always a special part of my trip to be at those games with our fans again. Until our recent success. On my last trip, for the first time, I couldn't get to see one game. All were sold out. I begged the ticket office without success. It hurt.

And that's how it is right now, but I expect it will change. My guess is that Fosun were surprised by the quick upturn in popularity. But now they know. As the owners are pure business people, I expect them to price tickets as high as they can and count the vacant seats that result. Like the airline industry and hotels, empty seats etc. are a loss, but not as big a loss as selling 95% of your seats for far less than you could have got had you pushed the price. There's a science to the numbers, and they'll know it. "Just not quite" filling the stadium tells the owner they priced the tickets correctly.

They're business men. They're not us, and never will be. They will never think of our hearts when making business decisions, but that's OK. The most successful clubs are run as businesses by business men. We want success and so do they. It may be that we have the same goal from different motivations. Sometimes you find yourself travelling with a stranger who's not your friend, but you need him.
Great post.
So often fans conveniently overlook that owners don’t buy clubs to please the fans.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But there wasn’t this demand in the champ or league one . And there wouldn’t be in league one.

we have 22k fans that go whatever the league , and we have a stadium bigger than this - so it’s more than enough.

No time for people that suddenly support us again now we are back in prem.
But the 22k averages were made up of way more than that in terms of regular attendees who made say 10 games a season. They (around 25-8k?) still want to attend, and probably many of them more regularly. We've got new and lapsed fans squeezing them and each other out.

Personally, although I don't have much respect for the fans who only want to watch PL football, I am sick of Wolves looking a bit second-rate in terms of attendances. I would expect a drop-off if we go down but the bigger the number we start from (e.g. 32k vs 22k) the more who would follow us down surely?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great post.
So often fans conveniently overlook that owners don’t buy clubs to please the fans.
Fine. But then clubs' owners shouldn't be surprised when said fans are displeased... and then use what little collective power they have (shouting at the wall, posting on a forum, the odd protest) to try to push back.

At least the one pack crap is now being seen for what it always was: marketing claptrap that happened to temporarily ring true because the fans', owners', manager's and players' aspirations all happened to align for a brief period, in an area starved of success but with bags of potential.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
We need to clarify the terms of the promise - afaik know it only relates to Nuno.

You seem to have added anything critical of the club retrospectively?

Bruno Lage is an assistant like Carlos but instead of

You tried to jump on the bandwagon but missed and fell flat on your face!
We don't know what Bruno will be, same as we didn't really know with Nuno.
You spent ages throwing a hissy fit at anything negative. Since Nuno left you've been far worse than anything you complained about.
I always said the list could be added to....

T

TheConcourse

Just another Shi "yes man" but a particularly weak, and therefore, toxic one.

Anyone with an opinion has been fired.
Pure guesswork.

I have a very close family friend who despised working under Laurie because he was an “obnoxious *****” - that person left the club.

There seems to be this narrative that Shi is a dictator shutting everyone down. That isn’t the impression that I get.

My impression of Jeff is that he works by the first principle model. It’s something that many leading entrepreneurs use. They take the basic execution of today’s way of working and the boil it down to the simple truths of that model, then they start to rework it to find a competitive edge.

They’re doing it kits.
They’ve done it with transfers.

Not everyone will be successful in that environment, but it’s about as forward thinking as you can imagine from an ideas perspective. If people don’t survive there it’s because they can’t deliver in that environment.

I’m using Laurie as an example because people are jumping up and down with their knickers in the air like he was some sort of prodigal genius. The guy rode the wave of on-pitch success and talked about rail seating. Let’s not re-write history and paint Jeff out to be a complete moron. He’s clearly a very intelligent guy.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

We don't know what Bruno will be, same as we didn't really know with Nuno.
You spent ages throwing a hissy fit at anything negative. Since Nuno left you've been far worse than anything you complained about.
I always said the list could be added to....
Oops… some of that post you quoted was a mistake - hanging around from some other comments I was making.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How on earth are they going to allocate tickets if we get to a semi and/or final at Wembley?!
They’ll still use loyalty points, sths, members and general public will still accrue loyalty points for games (after all in theory the odd away game can and has gone below STHs) they just won’t sell home tickets in loyalty point brackets (well other than 100 or above then 0 or above…ie members/non members.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pure guesswork.

I have a very close family friend who despised working under Laurie because he was an “obnoxious *****” - that person left the club.

There seems to be this narrative that Shi is a dictator shutting everyone down. That isn’t the impression that I get.

My impression of Jeff is that he works by the first principle model. It’s something that many leading entrepreneurs use. They take the basic execution of today’s way of working and the boil it down to the simple truths of that model, then they start to rework it to find a competitive edge.

They’re doing it kits.
They’ve done it with transfers.

Not everyone will be successful in that environment, but it’s about as forward thinking as you can imagine from an ideas perspective. If people don’t survive there it’s because they can’t deliver in that environment.

I’m using Laurie as an example because people are jumping up and down with their knickers in the air like he was some sort of prodigal genius. The guy rode the wave of on-pitch success and talked about rail seating. Let’s not re-write history and paint Jeff out to be a complete moron. He’s clearly a very intelligent guy.
I always remember as a16 year old, having just started attending games, how our own fans slaughtered John Mcalle, it surprised me that we kind of picked on one of our own players, now 45 years later, nothing has changed, however the childish name calling of Vinny Clarke is pathetic.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People seem to expect our employees to be free wheeling mavericks, but, like everywhere else, they have to follow the party line.
In our case the Chinese Communist Party !

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They consulted me in my capacity of Policy Advisor and Project Creation Consultant.

Sorry, we wanted to shake things up and give new fans a chance to be part of the project going forward.
Our next big idea is to develop, together with the other Premier League Clubs, a way that players do not have to actually be on the turf but play their games on line. This will save us from the dangers of injuries and the possibility of gap times in player careers that henceforth can progress without interruptions and provide viewers with a consistent and undisturbed product.

Negotiations are taking place at the moment with the Professional Players' Union to still provide fans with selfies with players of their choice. We think we can be able to offer package deals in the future, tapping into the synergy that only Fosun can provide, taking advantage of such partners as Thomas Cook who already from part of the Fosun Family of beloved businesses. We are also looking into combining our entertainment offer with other quality products such as the Cirque De Soleil.

Our ultimate aim is to provide ours fans, from ALL over the world the same opportunities that Wolverhampton captives... sorry we mean residents, have enjoyed this past century and a half.

Together we are One Pack. A Global Pack.

Peace and Love to all WWFC supporters, wherever you may be.
:p
You mention thomas cook, 1 thing i haven't seen mentioned is that their sports break packages were available for Molineux before they went bust, maybe those tickets should have gone to members that were struggling to get tickets rather than being sold for £150 - £200 a game with a night in a travelodge

Back
Top Bottom