Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Vincent Kompany

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kompany has made a decent start at Burnley and obviously has a good standing in the game, but there are more experienced, proven head coaches that don't need prising away from their clubs. Non-starter for me

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I’d stay well clear of the championship. I think the best coach is probably Heckingbottom but even he probably isn’t what we need.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes its the general idea of a discussion forum. Well unless someone starts spamming. But if no one wishes to discuss the thread will just disappear.
But there's already a thread talking about all the managers people want so just discuss it on there.

Suppose you can do what you want when your admin

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
But there's already a thread talking about all the managers people want so just discuss it on there.

Suppose you can do what you want when your admin
That is true yes.

Plus I wanted to have a discussion about the potential merits of him specifically, had no one replied then it would drop down the forum never to be seen again.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Craig Bellamy and Diego Costa on the same training ground every day?

All for it to be fair.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not for me. But I think PL experience, playing or managing, is important.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's Colin ****er up to these days?!!! ;)

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're talking about current/recent players then I think Moutinho as a stop gap is worth consideration. His playing days are almost up, he knows the Club, the fans like him, he's obviously happy here and I'm sure he has the respect of all the players.
Good god no. He is negative enough on the pitch, we don't need any more influence of that coaching wise. He has been here a season too long imo. Sorry mate but I think he needs to go, and it's a rubbish idea.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
So an in post manager might be the preferred option, the Kompany bandwagon rolls again, hopefully we are negotiating him and his team's release

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
So an in post manager might be the preferred option, the Kompany bandwagon rolls again, hopefully we are negotiating him and his team's release
If its not nuno I would be happy with kompany. Did you see any of the Man City all or nothing documentary his leadership is clear to see

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
If its not nuno I would be happy with kompany. Did you see any of the Man City all or nothing documentary his leadership is clear to see
I didn't no, I have heard of how strong his leadership qualities are I have also read about his organisational ability he shown already at coach level and his style of football would appear according to what I have read fit us hand in glove. I appreciate some people's concerns about lack of experience, but I will counter he has more experience of the league we are in than many of the names put forward. It's not as leftfield an option as many see it.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. Kompany is gonna get a good job soon and will sink or swim. I suspect it will be swim.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Another thought, he is less likely to be upset about not being first choice as he has less experience and would understand that he wouldn't necessarily be first choice.

All sensible signs are pointing towards him. The new era we need.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another thought, he is less likely to be upset about not being first choice as he has less experience and would understand that he wouldn't necessarily be first choice.

All sensible signs are pointing towards him. The new era we need.
Are you his agent?

I genuinely have no idea if he'd be good btw but I prefer this kind of option to many of the names thrown around.

For me it's Nuno or someone who plays front foot football and with a name to make.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are looking at the Championship (I would be surprised unless Scott Sellars has been allowed any input), the stand out would seem to be Michael Beale.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Are you his agent?

I genuinely have no idea if he'd be good btw but I prefer this kind of option to many of the names thrown around.

For me it's Nuno or someone who plays front foot football and with a name to make.
I am definitely chief cheerleader!

I never considered him before it was a friend of mine suggested him as doing well, good rep, playing a decent style that isn't sit back and isn't high press which would suit the playing staff we have

So when I read the article posted at the top of this thread it's makes more and more sense especially considering the paucity of alternatives.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
If we are looking at the Championship (I would be surprised unless Scott Sellars has been allowed any input), the stand out would seem to be Michael Beale.
Why not Kompany?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't think of a reason why we would be interested in Kompany or why he would be interested in us. Apart from that, a great shout.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree. As others have alluded to, he appears to be a Potter like candidate at about the point at which Brighton poached Potter from Swansea. He’s had much less experience than Potter as manager at the point Brighton took Potter, but has accumulated a good amount as assistant and been praised for his coaching skills. As others have commented, I think he would be a significant risk at this point, and I’d have liked to see him deal with challenges as head coach first, but I can see why he’s being linked.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a bad shout. Hadn’t realised he’s managed over 100 games.

A winner through and through. Still unproven though and a big risk

Steve Davis doing ok so far. 50%!win rate

Back
Top Bottom