Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Vinagre/Monaco.

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Heard from a source (not always reliable but right more often than not) that if Vinagre makes another appearance for Wolves we have to pay Monaco a fairly substantial fee.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? Or is it just rumour?

I rate him highly and would like to see him play for us again this season, especially with Douglas being called up to the Scotland squad and potentially coming back fatigued.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Certainly fits in with my recollection he has not been on the bench recently which has surprised me.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good player ... very good . Seems very committed and obviously a potential class act. Get him in lol

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d guess he’ll be on the bench on Saturday and his omission is more to do with the limit on loan players in the match day squad.

MacTrizzle

Reaction score
I really think he is a great replacement for jota, obviously behind cav and Costa. Whist he can defend he would be better going forward if playing further up top as he would relinquish those defensive responsibilities. Also would help us defend from the front.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Vinagre has featured/appeared 13 times for us this season and there is a financial element linked to appearance 14? For all the great things Fosun are doing I can’t believe that even if there is a financial stage payment involved this would stop his selection.
Why sign a promising young player, involve him a trifling amount of 13 times and then purposely let him rot?

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Vinagre has featured/appeared 13 times for us this season and there is a financial element linked to appearance 14? For all the great things Fosun are doing I can’t believe that even if there is a financial stage payment involved this would stop his selection.
Why sign a promising young player, involve him a trifling amount of 13 times and then purposely let him rot?
14 is a nice round number to be fair.

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe it has something to do with playing after Feb 1st.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I stand to be corrected, but it couldn't be anything to do with Fair Play rules, whereby we are being very careful re. payments.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t see us keeping him on, moreso I can’t see him wanting to given the lack of game time at this level albeit we’ve had restrictions to how many loan players can be included. If he’s not had the opportunity and basically has wasted a season by not having first team experience at this level then then opportunities at a higher level ( should we get there ) will be even greater potentially

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t see this being the case your only allowed so many loans in the match day squad and Nuno is probably upset with him over the Swansea red

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t see this being the case your only allowed so many loans in the match day squad and Nuno is probably upset with him over the Swansea red

If that's the case why couldn't Nuno have held the same grudge against Batth for the Bristol red. sorted.

D

Deleted member 3573J

He'd never played a professional game before coming to us, I assume we paid a loan fee, no club would agree to pay a substantial extra fee after a handful of games for someone who'd never played a game before. If Douglas had been injured in pre season and missed the start of the season we'd have had to have paid this fee at the start of October.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t see us keeping him on, moreso I can’t see him wanting to given the lack of game time at this level albeit we’ve had restrictions to how many loan players can be included. If he’s not had the opportunity and basically has wasted a season by not having first team experience at this level then then opportunities at a higher level ( should we get there ) will be even greater potentially
Whose to say Nuno hasn’t sat him down and said “Ruben, I want to sign you next season, in order to do that we need to be in the Premier. I need another loan player now to help push us over the line. As a result you’ll have fewer opportunities this season. I hope you understand”

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As in pay do you mean to buy or just a loan fee?

D

Deleted member 4453

Screenshot_2018-03-16-12-52-37.png

might be wrong but don't expect to see him based on this. Could well see Graham on the bench Saturday who knows? Don't see why they would recall him from international only to send him back again...

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cant see us being bothered about any further loan fee to be payable on appearances, as for Vinagre i see his future being as a more creative player further forward, has very good feet but his height counts against him defensively, not much to choose between him, and Douglas.

D

Deleted member 4456

Why wouldn't we keep Vinagre if it's possible? He's been excellent when called upon. He was sent off against Swansea, but he's also just 18 years old. We all made mistakes at 18.

S

ShropshireLad

Why wouldn't we keep Vinagre if it's possible? He's been excellent when called upon. He was sent off against Swansea, but he's also just 18 years old. We all made mistakes at 18.
Tell me about it.:oops:

The way I'm feeling this morning I made one when I was 28.:eek: Looking forward to a day out tomorrow. :cool:

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whose to say Nuno hasn’t sat him down and said “Ruben, I want to sign you next season, in order to do that we need to be in the Premier. I need another loan player now to help push us over the line. As a result you’ll have fewer opportunities this season. I hope you understand”
No one knows. Seems unlikely imo

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
sounds like another one of Lisa's snippets

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sending off was bad, a silly challenge but no malice. I don't think Nuno holds it against the lad.

M

Mr Wolf

Needs to come in for Douglas for me, his pace, skill & direct running will be more beneficial down the left than Douglas’ free kicks.

D

Deleted member 5242

View attachment 4290

might be wrong but don't expect to see him based on this. Could well see Graham on the bench Saturday who knows? Don't see why they would recall him from international only to send him back again...

I championed his cause when he returned from injury and backed him despite not making an impression whilst at Fulham, but Graham won't feature for us again while Nuno is here, not a chance.

Hoping Vinagre gets some more game time. Even if he doesn't feature again this season has been a huge step forward for his progression.

W

we8wba

Most of the time he couldn't be on the bench due to the max 5 loan players rule. Now Jota is injured it frees up a space so will see Saturday.

Strange to have 3 centre backs on bench most week in Batth, Hause and Miranda

Surely Miranda should be fall guy if this was the reason

More to it

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If playing him one more time means we are conractually obliged to buy him the same must be said the other way Monaco must be contractually obliged to sell him. So I say play him if it guaratees his signature. This kid will be one of the best young LB's in Europe in 2 to 3 years time.

D

Deleted member 4453

I championed his cause when he returned from injury and backed him despite not making an impression whilst at Fulham, but Graham won't feature for us again while Nuno is here, not a chance.

Hoping Vinagre gets some more game time. Even if he doesn't feature again this season has been a huge step forward for his progression.

Yeah I have to agree, it was more a maybe than anything else. Think MGW is the most likely attacking midfielder off the bench. With Jota unlikely it leaves an interesting space on the bench to fill tomorrow. Goncalves maybe...

D

Deleted member 5242

Yeah I have to agree, it was more a maybe than anything else. Think MGW is the most likely attacking midfielder off the bench. With Jota unlikely it leaves an interesting space on the bench to fill tomorrow. Goncalves maybe...

There's a few in with a good shout. It'll be Interesting to see and hopefully they take their opportunity. Thinking back to vinagres performance against them last time out makes me want for a repeat!

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Up on an FA charge for (allegedly) spitting at a Villa player in a reserve game so I doubt we will be involving him in the first team at present.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
I thought, as a couple of other posters have said, that he wasn't for sale? If we were going to attempt to sign him, I would have thought he would have played a lot more this season.

Back
Top Bottom