Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Vile Prediction

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think looking at Villa sums up where Fosun have gone wrong, in so little time. We beat them so comprehensively, about 15 or 16 months ago in 2nd gear. They was destined for relegation, we was on the brink of the top 6.

The fortunes of the two sides since then are astonishing really. Whilst they only finished 2 places above us last season and are only a point above us now, there recruitment, investment and intent on improving is a yard stick we should have put down when we was in such a good position.

Despite all that, I would love to shut those gobby brummie ****ers up with a win on Saturday. They insist they don't care about us, but living in Aldridge in what is such a Villa orientated area, trust me, they care.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think looking at Villa sums up where Fosun have gone wrong, in so little time. We beat them so comprehensively, about 15 or 16 months ago in 2nd gear. They was destined for relegation, we was on the brink of the top 6.

The fortunes of the two sides since then are astonishing really. Whilst they only finished 2 places above us last season and are only a point above us now, there recruitment, investment and intent on improving is a yard stick we should have put down when we was in such a good position.

Despite all that, I would love to shut those gobby brummie ****ers up with a win on Saturday. They insist they don't care about us, but living in Aldridge in what is such a Villa orientated area, trust me, they care.
What a load of cobblers, vile, a yard stick?
Underhanded cheating *******s!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure, but the times and jetlag mean they'll probably not be ready?
Yes there has been a ‘special arrangement’ regarding quarantine exemption, but Martinez, Luiz and Raul are going to be back very late.

Considering the worldie he had against us last time, glad Martinez might be missing, but since our last 3 goals have all been due to massive contributions from Jimenez….not sure which is better/worse.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is a very difficult match for Wolves. If we are able to collect a point from this encounter at Villa Park then it would be a very satisfactory result for Wolves.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure it's confirmed that Martinez & Luiz won't play.

Brazil & Argentina both play in the early hours of Friday morning but Martinez is obviously a goalkeeper and Luiz is unlikely to play for Brazil, so I wouldn't rule them out just yet. I expect they'll fly back Friday. Obviously far from ideal preparation but Martinez played against Everton despite flying 'just hours before' on the day of the game. I expect him to start to be honest.

As for the result, a comfortable defeat, 2-0 or 3-1.

Not major differences between the two teams but they are slightly better overall and crucially better where it matters IMO.

Last edited:

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t see Villa being as accommodation as Newcastle. If we set out to defend like Nuno ball of last season I reckon a feisty 0-0 or 1-0 Villa.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fear that if we sit back and let them have all the possession we will get soundly beaten. Tottenham apparently pressed them well the other week. I hope Bruno ball returns from the first few games with the goals of course. Also hope our defence is on song for this game. Really tough game though and we will need to play better than the last 2 games, despite the wins to get a result here in my opinion.

kinyo298

Reaction score
Cant see us getting owt there so 2v1 to the villans.

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
They couldn't even beat us convincingly when we were dog **** last season (a game we were the better team) then scraped a draw with an even ****ter version of us without Raul and Hwang Her Chan. They get lucky, lots of VAR decisions, if plan A doesn't work they don't have a plan B and Dean Smith will start with his excuses.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing in our favour is I don’t think they have any idea what their best formation is or how to get all of their best players on the pitch together.

They brought in a number 10 and a winger in the summer along with another forward but have them gone 3-5-2 to get both Watkins and Ings playing together.

To get Buendia and/or Bailey playing it means one of Watkins or Ings has to drop to the bench which Smith doesn’t seem to want to do. Unless they go 4-4-2 and play Buendia out wide.

For all they’ve brought good players in the past few windows and have clearly improved their squad, it doesn’t seem like Smith knows how best to put them together, I don’t think he knows their best formation let alone their best XI.

If we can play like we did in the first few games of the season and be more clinical like we have the past few we’ll win this. Equally if they can get their best players on the pitch together and click they’ll feel they should be beating us too.

I reckon we’ll shade it 2-1 but no result (including a convincing win either way) would surprise me.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2-1 villa we never play well after a break and they have Ings who always seems to score against us

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, but the yard stick was in reference to there recruitment.

Ollie Watkins
Martinez
Matty Cash
Beundia
Bailey
Ings

Just to name a few.
I'm not disputing the idea that they have pushed on whereas we've, well honestly I'm not sure - if this Hwang is the real Hwang, Raul has turned a corner, and Neves can find form again... big ifs of course... then we'll have a stronger side than them IMO with Neto and Jonny to come back. They're only a point ahead of us now!

Should be a good game, no idea how it'll turn out. Luiz (if he plays) and Martinez have 38 hrs recovery time before our game whereas Raul has almost an extra day. Douglas Luiz is a player I wish we'd gone for, and McGinn seems to be thriving post-Grealish so midfield could be tough (again) for us. We might need to rely on a bit of Adama/Hwang/Pod magic.

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
It will be tight, but I think we'll edge it ...

Veeeela 1 (Ings) The Mighty Wanderers 2 (Hwang & Podence)

C'mon me babbies!!!!!!

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
Just Hope we put in a performance then I think we’ll win by the odd goal, don’t want a Brentford type performance thanks.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
I would take a draw right now. I think Villa have overtaken us in their setup IMO. The recruitment, the youth setup , personnel in the background they have recruited .

Just seems to be stale at Wolves. We are sat in the middle lane of the motorway with others going past us and leaving us behind.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, but the yard stick was in reference to there recruitment.

Ollie Watkins
Martinez
Matty Cash
Beundia
Bailey
Ings

Just to name a few.
In our current 343 formation how many of those players get in our starting XI? Martinez is a shoe in, the rest aren’t for me at all.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bailey and cash probably get in but not by a lot.

Mcginn / Luis walk into our side though . As does konsa
Yet the villa fans I know have dug out McGin and Luis this season.

Konsa 100% would, I was disappointed they loaned in Tuanzebe as I really rate him, he’d have been great for us

T

TheConcourse

Interesting point this, you’re absolutely right in terms of investment but I often look at the Villa side and see it as a very evenly matched game player for player.

That probably validates your point tbh.

If Jeff had the *******s to invest when it mattered - even on a couple of first team ready players - I see no reason why we shouldn’t be at the sharp end of a top 6 battle.

Anyway, back on topic: 2-2

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll be the better team, for sure. Probably won't win though. 1-1.

I think the internationals will have broken the flow for too many of the players, on both sides, so not surprised if it's a frustrating watch all round.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With 7 games behind us, it’s time for Lage to show us where we’re going. Villa are not a top team so we need to win this……and convincingly.
Lage was hired to improve on Nuno…….ok then, let’s do it. “show us the money.”

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This season Villa is better in defence, in the middle of the park and up front. They should beat us but I think we'll beat them in the second game later in the season.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With 7 games behind us, it’s time for Lage to show us where we’re going. Villa are not a top team so we need to win this……and convincingly.
Lage was hired to improve on Nuno…….ok then, let’s do it. “show us the money.”
That’s what Lage said.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would take a draw right now. I think Villa have overtaken us in their setup IMO. The recruitment, the youth setup , personnel in the background they have recruited .

Just seems to be stale at Wolves. We are sat in the middle lane of the motorway with others going past us and leaving us behind.

Their academy squads look brilliant to be fair to them. It will be an interesting game on Saturday. I really hope we show up.

Back
Top Bottom