Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Video Wall

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we are still having a new one?

W

WasStefan

No we aren't and the old ones are staying for use as a billboard

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or another thought, with the redevelopment halted for god knows how many years, the old video Walls could be renovated and fitted with the HD screens we were supposed to be getting.
They could always put them on the roof at a later date

O

Oaky65

The old video walls are being fitted with letters like we used to have in the 70s /80s to tell us the other scores !
Anyone under 30 ask your dad !
Another of jez's cost cutting measures

B

Bostin

Or another thought, with the redevelopment halted for god knows how many years, the old video Walls could be renovated and fitted with the HD screens we were supposed to be getting.
They could always put them on the roof at a later date

I thought they were put out of use because they 'cost too much to run'?

I remember watching a beam-back play off game on there once

O

Oaky65

The old video walls are being fitted with letters like we used to have in the 70s /80s to tell us the other scores !
Anyone under 30 ask your dad !
Another of jez's cost cutting measures

+ you will have to buy a programme to find out what letters corespond to what team

O

Oaky65

To be honest i thought they were always $$$$e
Even from new

M

Metro Wolf 2007

Penny pinching misers insult fans with crap facilities. State of the art stadium my rs. Give us the video screens now and stop treating us with contempt. :mad:

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't Jez hint at the last FP meeting that the video wall may not happen?

E

Edgmond Wolf

Certainly hope we are having a HUGE video screen hanging off the North Bank roof!!

J

johnybig32

I dont believe there is not a clock anywhere in the ground. Stupid.

I remember the first night the video walls came on...Honved wasnt it?

J

johnybig32

I didnt really understand the ocassion at the time. Didnt realise the hostpry Honved had.

O

Oaky65

They will be asking us to print our own tickets next...... Oh wait

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the digital switch over, Moxey has bought a job lot of analogue tv's for £50. He's going to glue them together and hey presto a jumbotron. The knuckledraggers will never know.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
they have always been rubbish,

should just pull them down and put a decent scrolling display along with clock and match score on top of the stands. they are not that expensive, even jez could afford two of them

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
With the digital switch over, Moxey has bought a job lot of analogue tv's for £50. He's going to glue them together and hey presto a jumbotron. The knuckledraggers will never know.

:D.....

I feel they is well clued up now.....CRT tech' is well old....seamless pictures are all the rage!

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They would have cost a bomb to run because of the individual CRT screens.

What I meant was just using the structures that are there rather than having a screen on the roof.
It would be the same cost, just a different location

D

DR.Wolf

Its so stupid, even the $$$$ing Albion have them, makes us seem like a small time club more than anything.

D

Daytripper

Its so stupid, even the $$$$ing Albion have them, makes us seem like a small time club more than anything.

Man U haven't got any they don't seem that small time. I'd rather have a good team the only use video walls would have been this season would be to make sure we could which idiot made the mistake when we conceded.

Bull Army

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Are we the only club in the PL (maybe even in the Championship as well) without a score and/or time display for supporters in the ground? Man Utd haven't got a video wall, but do have an electronic scoreboard, which is all you need really. There may have been an amusing comment about the old A-Z scoreboard, but even that is more advanced that we have now...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bull Army

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
:D.....

I feel they is well clued up now.....CRT tech' is well old....seamless pictures are all the rage!

Remember when we were promised new 'seamless' video walls, only to find the old 96 screen matrix display had been replaced by a 48 matrix display. Total guess at the numbers there, but it definitely wasn't seamless.

Sideshow Bob

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I remember when our small-time PA Announcer also has responsibility for the "Ooh it's a Corner" button and other random messages that used to appear.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Match announcements sponsored by Chaucer..."

M

Metro Wolf 2007

Do Walsall have a scoreboard ? Or a video wall ? AFC Telford ? Stafford Rangers ?

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we the only club in the PL (maybe even in the Championship as well) without a score and/or time display for supporters in the ground? Man Utd haven't got a video wall, but do have an electronic scoreboard, which is all you need really. There may have been an amusing comment about the old A-Z scoreboard, but even that is more advanced that we have now...

Was about to say the same, it's pathetic that we don't even have a score display.

R

RichDavi

I think there were plans to have a screen on the NB roof showing the score and time but that's probably been abandoned to save cash

S

saigonwolves

Remember paying cash to watch the palace quarter final in the 90's. One all draw, followed by a 4-1 thumping at home. Screens were $$$$ing rubbish then and even worse now. What a club.

H

Hatch End

I like the idea of the retro system, where the little scoreboard man puts up the scores against the letters designated in the programme at half-time.......and if you wait after the end of the game ( 10-15 minutes! ) the full-time results will be put up as well......but sometimes the little man won't bother and just go home!

Ah memories!

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the idea of the retro system, where the little scoreboard man puts up the scores against the letters designated in the programme at half-time.......and if you wait after the end of the game ( 10-15 minutes! ) the full-time results will be put up as well......but sometimes the little man won't bother and just go home!

Ah memories!

Sounds great. :D

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even Walsall have a scoreboard, it's pathetic. Another element of the new build promised but not delivered.

S

SimplyTheWolves

Remember paying cash to watch the palace quarter final in the 90's. One all draw, followed by a 4-1 thumping at home. Screens were $$$$ing rubbish then and even worse now. What a club.

South Bank and Steve Bull (John Ireland) if I remember correctly saigonwolves, and yes they were rubbish. They seemed like a couple of escapee’s from the war of the worlds, and they are still here. :eek:

Bull Army

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I watched the Bolton 95 play off away game at a beam back sat in the South Bank. The picture was as bad as the result. The audio commentary basically meant it was listening to a radio broadcast. I had no idea David Kelly had been lamped until reading it in the Express and Star the next day.

Bull Army

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
bpl_wigan_athletic_vs_wolves_the_dw_stadium_18_8_09_1710651.jpg

How easy (or expensive) can it be?

Back
Top Bottom