Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Just to add, it's easy to criticise taking Ruben off but....

He wasn't playing his old role of sitting, he was up and down all game, so probably tiring and also more likely to pick up a card.

Also for those saying it killed the momentum, there was 8 minutes between the sub and the red card, probably half of that taken up by treatment to Ayling, so that's a pretty quick judgement.

On the other hand the club are already writing it out of history! Report | Wolves 2-4 Leeds

fleck1

Reaction score
I think we are too easily suckered in, same with the Bournemouth game soon as the opening goal goes in you know what's going to happen. We'd be exactly the same killing the game, taking our time, a point or three is all that matters to us down there at this point in the season no matter how ugly. I know the ref should take control of the situation (but we are well aware that never happens), our players spent the game chasing the referee and arguing and complaining rather than focusing on their own game, which was exactly what Leeds wanted and it was exactly the same during the Bournemouth defeat. Even when the third went in I turned to my Dad and said if we got one with 10 or 15 to go we'll get something from this, they were there for the taking fluffed our lines a few times and two or three good saves from Meslier. Attacking wise I felt we were far more productive than we normally are and created more, strangely it was the defence that seem to fall apart and more so after Dawson departed.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
If we are to stay up in this division we need to learn how to recover from going a goal behind first. All the best teams now how to, but for us, it just drains our confidence.
Must have imagined Everton Southampton games
Forest cup game we drew after going a goal down
We need to score more that’s obvious to everyone

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul should finish and so should Neto / lemina

Raul is unlucky but on the replay should have kept it lower

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ok, having seen all the highlights my thinking is:

1) It's fine lines on scoring, opposition goalkeeper made some epic saves, if that was Sa you'd certainly be singing praises. 0-7 Liverpool, I don't feel that bad and certainly on our performance feels better than the Spurs capsize to the Scummers.

2) Then there are career ending fouls, it wasn't an angry tackle, Ayling was lucky not to have been injured and Jonny in my view is not as bad as most make out, it's football. There is a mistake or 3 in Jonny but I also see how gutted he is when he makes them....He has heart and passion for Wolves.

2) We were close to scoring on more than one opportunity, they will come.

3) Some of our attacking play looks great but with that the defensive side need to be in sync.

4) Hang tight muckers....It will be a goodie but I think we'll be ok. And if we're not, it's football and not a life threatening illness.....Or is it?

Blackpool here I come. For the ride.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any idea how long Nunes could be suspended?
I assume that it depends on what is in the referees report. If he is alleged to have barged into the Asst Ref on purpose then it may be deemed as violent conduct and a longer ban could be given. There are people calling for a 10 match ban for Mitrovic for eg.
Of course, if it was deemed as accidental because the Asst Ref was backing towards him it may yet get overturned if Wolves appeal. No idea how long that decision takes.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite awful defending and woeful finishing we still could have gotten something from this game. Even a comeback from 3 nil down was looking likely until Jonny had his moment of madness - there shouldn't even of been a tackle necessary for him to make if he'd simply laid the ball off instead of choosing to trying to run through an opposition player and losing the ball.

Although the opening goal was early it already looked like it was coming as I'd counted it was the 3rd time Leeds had gotten in behind down our right hand side. The 2nd and 3rd goals we conceded were shocking defending and we can't expect to get anything out of games if we play like that in key moments.

We were very wasteful in front of goal but at least we were creating real goal scoring chances.

Adama - other than his role in their 4th - I thought had a cracking outing and showed what a threat he can be, but it's hard to get away from him being best used an impact sub as is usually disappointing when given a start.

Podence & Neto offered nothing really. Frustrating with Podence as he can turn a game with a moment of magic but he's been poor the last few months despite being given some lengthy substitute appearances and recent starts.

Lemina also seemed flat and very careless with his distribution.

Overall performance I didn't think was that bad but we shot ourselves in the foot with basic defending errors and not being clinical enough at the other end.

This was a must not lose game and the result could really hurt us. Need a win desperately now vs Forest to get back on track.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did I dream this or did Collins practically score if Lemina wasn't in the way? I don't have the heart to watch the highlights.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did I dream this or did Collins practically score if Lemina wasn't in the way? I don't have the heart to watch the highlights.
For Lemina's disallowed goal? Nah shocking header.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forget it and move on. Strange match. Perhaps we shouldn't let three or four crazy moments swamp the whole match. We were not ***. We actually played well for 90% of it. At times, we got forward and our attacking creativity was better than the vast majority of the past two seasons. That spell from their first goal to their second, we looked more positive and creative than for years. Can't see our defence dropping those howlers again. Even with our poor finishing, we scored two and rerun that identical match 10 times, and we did enough to win most of them.

As said above, we need to keep our composure, don't press any panic buttons, the entire defence doesn't need sacking, nor does the attack, we need to keep putting the work in and not expect gifts.

Back
Top Bottom