Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict: Wolves v West Ham Utd

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s more like it. Rarely troubled by the inform West Ham. Great display throughout now let’s build some consistency in our performances.
Better from Lage with the subs too, my only criticism is our finishing yet again.
Neves MOM

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant display, Bruno’s best performance as Manager so far, subs absolutely spot on, Neves MOM for me but another good defensive display too marshalled brilliantly by Coads. First time we win 6 games after 12 matches.. don’t think we’re going down this season!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody bloody brilliant.

Only able to catch the second half, but it sounds like we were unlucky to be level at the break.

Semedo and Podence really impressed me. Pod is a really really really clever player. He turns in stinkers some times, but he has absolutely quality in his locker and he tries things no one else does.

Moutinho and Neves were superb in the middle of the park - as good a 45 as I've seen from them.

Defensively, we continue to impress.

Last - and by no means least - 1-0, Jimenez had a fabulous ring to it. Our main man is coming back to his best with his third brilliant goal of the season. I saw him getting written off at HT in the match thread. No one can doubt his quality.

Big shout out to Bruno. The first 'scalp' we've taken this season. Regardless of performances and circumstances, to be 6th after 12 games is superb. Especially considering we were bottom after 3 games.

Im grinning ear to ear. All those pundits tipping us to be surprise relegation candidates (which, to be fair, I believed) look like prats now!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great overall performance and some fine individual improvements.
I said it over a year ago…..Podence will be the Wolves player of the decade. Imagine if a Traore had Podence’s brain.
What was Neves on? …..he was inspired.
Traore should have passed instead of shooting.

Last 10 minutes was too scary….felt West Ham would score. We have to stop letting teams run over us at the end.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Back to playing a bit of Bruno-ball again, and looked great doing it, after a bit of a quiet start. Quality goal too. Just sat back a bit deep following changes made by West Ham, but the onus was on them to attack. Surprised Mike Dean disallowed their goal (was a foul but he missed lots of others!). The Man Utd result is the cherry on top - up to 6th (I think)!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First 20 minutes my head was thinking it was Palace all over again. The other 70 odd.. brilliant, well done. Home with a grin after another well earned Guiness.

Well played Wolves, throughly happy to have been so wrong this whole week.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Good result …after 12 games we have scored 12 and concede 12 so 6th flatters us a bit ….but must give confidence

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back to playing a bit of Bruno-ball again, and looked great doing it, after a bit of a quiet start. Quality goal too. Just sat back a bit deep following changes made by West Ham, but the onus was on them to attack. Surprised Mike Dean disallowed their goal (was a foul but he missed lots of others!). The Man Utd result is the cherry on top - up to 6th (I think)!
Linesman saw it and flagged

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bounce-back game for Bruno. Thought he was the culprit last week but this week the selection, tactics, and even the(preemptive!) subs hit.
Well said. I remember saying against palace that defeat is acceptable, it's how we bounce back that matters. I truly truly thought we would lose today - we are always a bit streaky and West Ham are quality. Delighted with Bruno

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missed most of the game. Sounds like Raul scored a blinder. Happy Podence got the assist and hopefully, finally, a performance that warrants him retaining his place in the starting XI for the next match! We really need him to give us that extra bit of subtle class up front. I did catch the last 20 mins or so. Not a fan of sitting on a lead. Although, Kilman should have scored and Traore could have been responsible for the roof coming off the South Bank, if that run had ended in a goal! UTW.

stevev53

Reaction score
I went on to the pre match thread at 2pm .Once again there were the usual poster’s saying crap team poor selection etc etc . Clearly the only constant thing is that they clearly now zilch about the game and are bloody embarrassing. How some can call themselves fans is beyond me .

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with every verdict post so far.

Superb controlled display from the manager and across the entire team. So pleased for Raul, great finish. Neves MoM - sublime today, only lacking a goal to put the cherry on the cake.

A very happy wolfie here tonight. Big, big grin on my face.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of the football we played in the first half and start of the second half was class good one touch football. West Ham couldn't get near us!

Neves man of the match again for me really stepped up his game again this season, one of the best centre midfielders in the league for me!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves is becoming one of the best midfielders in the entire league. Absolutely ran the show yet again.

So pleased for Raul too.

Very, very good 3 points. Living in Manchester, that league table looks extra sweet this evening.

We are on the right track.

PulverWolf

Reaction score
Was a great game to watch and we looked hungry for that win ..last 10 was a bit squeaky bum time but all the players deserve a pat on the back ..west ham are no mugs and we managed to control most of the match . Happy weekend to all !

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Solid performance,really upped the tempo after half time, no more fitting player than Raul to score today,he almost enjoys playing the Hammers as much as Everton!

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ecstatic! I forgot how cold the Mol could be but warmed up by that showing. A mention for Whang ran his socks off today doing a job much deeper than he would probably like to be but that boy has enthusiasm in buckets. Obviously all did a great job today but Whang might get overlooked when not on the scoresheet but he played his part today in a good solid team win. Well done lads a great weekend.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was amazing. After a bit of a slow start Neves and Moutinho got into their strides and bossed the midfield. Semedo and RAN forced them backwards and really created space for the boys to work in.

I’m so happy with that. A slight moan would be missing chances and sitting back but that’s for another day.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Fantastic result and performance. Absolutely dominated the game and deserved to win by more. Thought the subs were well-judged too. They’d gained a little foothold in the game in the 10 minutes before Adama came on and he gave us a bit of an outlet.

Absolutely brilliant goal and really poignant given the release of the Raul documentary. He can be a little inconsistent but Podence always makes things happen when he’s on.

Semedo MoM narrowly ahead of pretty much everyone. Special mentions to Neves and Moutinho who controlled the game against their much-vaunted duo of Rice and Soucek.

Sa 7
Kilman 8
Coady 7
Saiss 7
Semedo 8 MoM
Moutinho 8
Neves 8
RAN 7
Podence 7
Raul 8
Hwang 7

Adama 6
Dendoncker 6

Well done Bruno and the boys! Pretty much flawless.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went on to the pre match thread at 2pm .Once again there were the usual poster’s saying crap team poor selection etc etc . Clearly the only constant thing is that they clearly now zilch about the game and are bloody embarrassing. How some can call themselves fans is beyond me .
I think most people thought West Ham would Bully us today, given the thrashing we took from them last year and their form this year. It doesn't make them embarrassing at all.

Today Bruno got it absolutely right. We played like a team and passed it round them for 95 mins. We were better in every department. Perhaps some will lay off his team selection a bit now.

Ramrod

Reaction score
Worth pointing out that was THE loudest rendition of Si Senor after the goal - stirring stuff

Thought we played great, really can’t single anyone out and it feels bloody fantastic to have burst Wet Spam’s bubbles

Back
Top Bottom