Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict: Wolves 4 - 0 Gillingham.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Wolves-v-Gillingham-5683526.jpg

Wolves 4-0 Gillingham FT.

Post your verdicts and player ratings here.

Summary: Electric pre match tribute to Waggy is followed by a dominant performance and ruthless finishing. Leigh Griffiths scores twice on his full home debut. Great chest down and finish from Griffiths for the first, Evans dinked the ball around the keeper from close range for the 2nd, Ismael sets up Sako on the left hand side of the box and he fires into the corner for the 3rd. Griffiths puts away a penalty for 4-0 low into the left hand corner before sliding onto his knees in front of the Jack Harris stand. "This is our love and it knows no division" banner adorns the front of the North Bank.

Manager quotes:

Kenny Jackett: "I'm very pleased with the performance from start to finish," he said. "I'm happy to get my first win and for any manager coming into a new club they want to do well in home games. "We showed what we're capable of today and I'm very pleased. "Looking at it now we want to build on this going forward and hopefully this will get our season up and running. On Waggy... "It was fantastic..it showed what a popular player he was and will last long in the memory of everyone that was here.""

Martin Allen: "Wolves had a very strong side but the one thing we wanted to do was keep them quiet for that first 20 minutes. "But we never managed to do that and it gave them the momentum that they wanted. I can take a loss if there are some individual moments of brilliance but I thought we gifted them too many goals.

@TimNash_star: Superb first-half attacking display from #Wolves. Not seen them this dominant for a long time. Most emphatic performance from #Wolves for a long, long time.

WOLVES: Ikeme, Doherty(Foley), Batth, Stearman, Ricketts, Ismail(Price), Davis, Evans(26), Sako(31), Doyle (Sigurdarson), Griffiths(5,68).

Unused subs: Hennessey, Cassidy, McAlinden, Ebanks-Landell.

Gllingham: Stuart Nelson, Michael Harriman, Leon Legge(y), Adam Barrett,Joe Martin, Charlie Lee, Steven Gregory(y)(Bradley Dack), Amine Linganzi, Myles Weston, Cody McDonald(Chris Whelpdale), Danny Kedwell(Antonio German).

Unused subs: George Howard,Adebayo Akinfenwa,Charlie Allen, Callum Davies.

Date: 10/08/2013
Venue: Molineux
Attendance: 19,102
Ref: Stuart Atwell.

Newspapers:
Express & Star Match report
Birmingham Evening Mail Player ratings
KentOnline Gills crushed on their travels. by Luke Cawdell
Wolves site post match comments

Video:

The goals.

Links:
Comms thread.
Prediction thread.
League One table.
Bully Reincarnate?

Last edited by a moderator:

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hesitate to post on this having only listened to it, but very nice to hear very little mention of our defenders or keeper..... :)

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
944229_10151630496089597_764923928_n.jpg

Wolves 4-0 Gillingham (Still playing).

Summary: Electric pre match tribute to Waggy is followed by a dominant performance and ruthless finishing. Great chest down and finish from Griffiths for the first, Evans dinked the ball around the keeper from close range for the 2nd, Ismael sets up Sako on the left hand side of the box and he fires into the corner for the 3rd. Griffiths puts away a penalty for 4-0 low into the left hand corner before sliding onto his knees in front of the Jack Harris stand.

Manager quotes:

Kenny Jackett: Will post when available...

Martin Allen: Will post when available...

@TimNash_star: Superb first-half attacking display from #Wolves. Not seen them this dominant for a long time.

WOLVES: Ikeme, Doherty(Foley), Batth, Stearman, Ricketts, Ismail(Price), Davis, Evans(26), Sako(31), Doyle (Sigurdarson), Griffiths(5,68).

Gllingham: Stuart Nelson, Michael Harriman, Leon Legge(y), Adam Barrett,Joe Martin, Charlie Lee, Steven Gregory(y)(Bradley Dack), Amine Linganzi, Myles Weston, Cody McDonald(Chris Whelpdale), Danny Kedwell(Antonio German).

Newspapers:
Kent OnLine (Gillingham Newspaper)
Express & Star Kenny Jackett post match interview

Video:

Links:
Comms thread.
Prediction thread.
League One table.

Very Impressive SFW!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were excellent. Evans MOM for me, he's absolute mustard.

Ikeme 6 nowt to do
Doherty 7 threatening going forward
Batth and Stears 7 no issues at all defensively sound
Ricketts decent game has experience which told 7
Sako 7 so frustrating.
Evans 9 Mustard great goal and all round play
Davis 8 very sound
Ismail 7 very promising and great await
Doyle 7 decent link play looked good with LG
Griffiths 9 cult hero born!

Will post properly tomorrow :)

K

kapitiwolf

Those stats are brilliant now Kenny will want that commitment and those stats from now on for every game.Well done lads you all did our Waggy proud.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being harsh should have been 6. Gillingham will struggle but that attack could do damage at this level. Well done but we still need recruits in next week - at least three of them imv. Hopefully Macdonald will now sign.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
nice to get a home win and great confidence booster for everybody.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SFW, very professional looking template, thanks a lot. Up the Wolves.:wavey:

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very impressive, Gillingham are poor but you can only beat what is in front of you. I thought the back 4 was quite solid. The midfield and attack linked up brilliantly, something we haven't saw in years. Griffiths really is the man. If we can provide him with good service 20 goals are at a minimum but I have to say it was his overall game that impressed me.

Don't want to put a downer or sound pessimistic here,
But I hope the result of this performance means we won't halt plans to strengthen, because we definatly still need 4 or 5 quality players to compliment these very good promising youngsters.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bar the obvious stand out performances I have to say Evans looks a very good young player.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have you been using the time saved by the lack of transfers SanFran to design that :)

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Verdict: Wolves v Gillingham.

A verdict American style :) I like it.

When I used to use the Minnesota wild message board they used to put our match day threads to shame, they were a lot like yours SanFran.

Nice work btw.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A great performance with two strong partnerships.

Griffiths and Doyle.

Baath and Stearman.

A great start to our home campaign. Lets make it fortress Molineux!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some absolute tit on WM just described Evans as no good! He didn't go to the game!

W

WasStefan

Top quality as ever SFW. Davis MOTM for me. Followed by Griffiths and Evans. All players deserve a 7 rating and above.

Thrilled to come home after a Wolves game feeling happy.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some absolute tit on WM just described Evans as no good! He didn't go to the game!

When hearing it I thought it was you jos.... :D

Only kidding mate couldn't resist, I didn't hear it.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be a $$$$ fan on a wind up

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What sort of player is he mate? Who would you liken him to?

Great result. Great work San Fran. Great day all round.

I'd compare his style as opposed to talent yet, to a Lampard Or Ramsey. Very elegant as opposed to a Gerrard all action. Nice and tidy, took goal really nicely too. Always wanted the ball, intercepted well. A really good performance

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments about the front page everyone, tried to make it so whoever does the next Verdict thread just has to cut and paste. Love this place, just want to make it great you know?

Keep checking back - I'm updating it with links to the match reports...

I'll be out in the city with my Wolves shirt on today! On with the Verdicts...

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I'd compare his style as opposed to talent yet, to a Lampard Or Ramsey. Very elegant as opposed to a Gerrard all action. Nice and tidy, took goal really nicely too. Always wanted the ball, intercepted well. A really good performance

Excellent stuff. Thanks mate.

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When hearing it I thought it was you jos.... :D

Only kidding mate couldn't resist, I didn't hear it.

Yes, I heard that idiot on WM. I thought Evans and Griffiths were outstanding. It made my day to see a performance like that, what a great tribute to Waggy.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Griffiths was outstanding. Great touch, all round great footballer and finisher. Along with Evans and Zeli. Delighted with a win and a comfortable one!!!

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always wanted the ball

This is what we've lacked for a long, long time. At his best O'Hara did this well, but that was so sporadic he hardly counts.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
only heard it on the radio but sounded very encouraging.. more of the same please guys

M

Metro Wolf 2007

Spine of the team was great today - Batth - Evans & Davis - Doyle - Griffiths

Captain Sam still looked a bit shaky at times.

Sako just ran and ran but he is still a blunt instrument rather than a polished diamond

I think McDonald is being lined up to play the Doyle role?

Dominant performance but must not get carried away, must line up replacements for Doyle and Sako. And keep Griffiths.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
944229_10151630496089597_764923928_n.jpg

Wolves 4-0 Gillingham FT.

Summary: Electric pre match tribute to Waggy is followed by a dominant performance and ruthless finishing. Leigh Griffiths scores twice on his full home debut. Great chest down and finish from Griffiths for the first, Evans dinked the ball around the keeper from close range for the 2nd, Ismael sets up Sako on the left hand side of the box and he fires into the corner for the 3rd. Griffiths puts away a penalty for 4-0 low into the left hand corner before sliding onto his knees in front of the Jack Harris stand. "This is our love and it knows no division" banner adorns the front of the North Bank.

Manager quotes:

Kenny Jackett: Will post when available...

Martin Allen: Will post when available...

@TimNash_star: Superb first-half attacking display from #Wolves. Not seen them this dominant for a long time. Most emphatic performance from #Wolves for a long, long time.

Newspapers:
KentOnline Gills crushed on their travels. by Luke Cawdell
Express & Star Kenny Jackett post match interview

Video:

Links:
Comms thread.
Prediction thread.
League One table.
Bully Reincarnate?

This is very posh. Most impressive

A

andyc225

Chuffed to bits with the performance and the football on show. Back at my digs now. Quick shower and then off to a local Indian eatery for some celebratory grub.

B

bridgnorthwolf

Spine of the team was great today - Batth - Evans & Davis - Doyle - Griffiths

Captain Sam still looked a bit shaky at times.

Sako just ran and ran but he is still a blunt instrument rather than a polished diamond

I think McDonald is being lined up to play the Doyle role?

Dominant performance but must not get carried away, must line up replacements for Doyle and Sako. And keep Griffiths.

Björn is tailor made to slot into the role Doyle made today, just hope he doesn't get shoved out wide. I mean, I still think he can play wide when needed, but would rather that not be his primary position.

KJ has been after McDonald since before he played that type of role, so who knows. Versatility is good though.

Back
Top Bottom