Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict: Wolves 0-1 Newcastle.

D

Deleted member 5242

Worst game Iv seen at Molineux ever not having a shot on target until 88 mins says it all. Those players should be embarrassed playing like that

The defence and keeper was fine it was the rest the midfield and forwards abosoulte garbage keep playing like that there's only one way we are going and it ain't up

You weren't at the Sheff Wednesday game then.

First game I took the Mrs to, she now insists she supports the Albion.

Currently seeking a new bird with lesser footballing expectations

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were about 12 games last season that were worse than Saturday.

I can think of so many bad games! The 5-0 home defeat to Barnsley with that fantastic Paul Stancliffe own goal is a doozy!

Skip to 1:32 and enjoy :D

D

Deleted member 4594

I can think of so many bad games! The 5-0 home defeat to Barnsley with that fantastic Paul Stancliffe own goal is a doozy!

Skip to 1:32 and enjoy :D

Remember it well!! They'd just signed Rimmer off Walsall and GT had dropped Robbie Dennison.
Terrible performance.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Lot of people saying we played ok. The defence were put under next to no pressure and still cracked, the midfield created nothing and the forwards offered no threat whatsoever.
The last 2 games have been utterly dreadful.
This in Spades

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were still playing until now, we would be nil - something. No threat, no drive, ........ nothing. Jog around a bit and ??????????

Mark Costa well and we are devoid of any threat... go a goal down may as well walk off then... only hope is hit teams on the break with Costa running at them. No craft in midfield to open up anything....... still ****ed off how dire we can be even with Costa, who can't do it all.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You weren't at the Sheff Wednesday game then.

First game I took the Mrs to, she now insists she supports the Albion.

Currently seeking a new bird with lesser footballing expectations
Lamberts first home game was bad but at least we had chances to score we didn't against Newcastle it was a pathetic performance

D

Deleted member 5242

Lamberts first home game was bad but at least we had chances to score we didn't against Newcastle it was a pathetic performance

Did we? I have to disagree, the game against Wednesday we looked like a league 2 team. There was zero cohesion and understanding and we were lucky we didn't get drummed 5, 6 or more. Worst defensive performance I have seen at Molineux for years and we offered nothing going forward. Newcastle would have dicked us 6-0 that day.

Against Newcastle, although we struggled to break their back line, and with Costa being doubled up on we didn't offer enough going forward, we still looked resolute and we competed across the park against a very good team that will be in the Prem next year.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned dopey ikeme yesterday ? Two or three occasions could throw the ball for a counter and just held it then hoofed it . So frustrating

This. Really annoyed me at the game. Think I've mentioned it before but his distribution is so bad. One thing I liked about Emi Martinez when he was with us, was he could distribute the ball so much quicker and more accurately.

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
One thing I liked about Emi Martinez when he was with us, was he could distribute the ball so much quicker and more accurately.

Shame he couldn't catch a ball though. Gave me kittens every time the ball came into the box.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame he couldn't catch a ball though. Gave me kittens every time the ball came into the box.

True but Ikeme isn't that much better in that regard either. I've said for a while Ikemes position isn't something that is a priority upgrade IMO but if we can bring someone in who's better and not as (back-up) then please do so.

clifs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
True but Ikeme isn't that much better in that regard either. I've said for a while Ikemes position isn't something that is a priority upgrade IMO but if we can bring someone in who's better and not as (back-up) then please do so.
We agree on something. Ikeme getting away with murder by staying on his line and not "having a chance ".

F

FLEET WOLF

This. Really annoyed me at the game. Think I've mentioned it before but his distribution is so bad. One thing I liked about Emi Martinez when he was with us, was he could distribute the ball so much quicker and more accurately.
That was the only thing about him.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cavalerio clean through south bank end and put it wide
Did we? I have to disagree, the game against Wednesday we looked like a league 2 team. There was zero cohesion and understanding and we were lucky we didn't get drummed 5, 6 or more. Worst defensive performance I have seen at Molineux for years and we offered nothing going forward. Newcastle would have dicked us 6-0 that day.

Against Newcastle, although we struggled to break their back line, and with Costa being doubled up on we didn't offer enough going forward, we still looked resolute and we competed across the park against a very good team that will be in the Prem next year.

Back
Top Bottom