Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict thread Fc Pyunik

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone, Neto and Vinagre will get the lion's share of the plaudits, deservedly, but a word for Saiss. As always, slots straight back into the midfield, keeps it simple and ticking over, rarely gives the ball away, solid as a brickhouse (loved it late in the second half when one of theirs tried to get the ball off him, bounced off, and just fell to the ground in defeat; not sure Saiss even noticed him). You wouldn't drop one of our three to accommodate him regularly, but midfield always looks stronger for him being there.

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pyunik were not that bad. Played it round well first 20 minutes and if they had a front two like ours could have done damage. I would say lower end championship quality. We overwhelmed them big time.

L

Lowveld Wolf

Was OK I spose!

Seriously, a good performance with all of the kids/fringe players offering something. Need to account for the standard of opposition and the fact that the tie was done, but as others have said, you still need to beat what's put in front of you.
Vallejo looks a cultured player but has the tendency to dive in.
Killman looked solid.
Vinagre started slowly but then ran the show.
Traore had the defenders on toast and put in some lovely crosses.
Neto was lively and has good work rate. Not afraid to take players on
MGW looked poor in first half but really improved second. You could see what that goal meant to him and the rest of the squad.
Cutrone was my MotM. Looked dangerous and could have had a goal or two.
Saiss was Saiss. Reliable!
Moutinho didn't have to run around too much and hopefully he will be in good fettle for Monday.
Jimi was a little off, but teed-up Jota nicely.
Ruddy had nothing of note to do.
Coady could have played that game in slippers.
Dendoncker had an easy time of it.
Jota - what a goal!

Now just put your feet up, get massaged and treated for the knocks and do it again against Utd.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can we also take a moment to applaud Cutrone for that episode early in the second half when he was literally sprinting from defender to defender trying to chase the ball down, I felt that moment really lifted the atmosphere and players. Haven't seen that happen in a while. He showed a lot of passion and fight. Really enjoyed watching him play.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Pretty much the perfect night really. Able to rest a number of key players for United. All the new signings impressed and a number of fringe players did their causes no harm at all. MGW’s first senior goal and the night capped off by a piece of sheer footballing brilliance by Raul and Diogo

Ruddy 7
Vallejo 7
Coady 7
Kilman 7
Traore 8
Moutinho 6
Saiss 8
MGW 7
Vinagre 9 MOM
Neto 8
Cutrone 8

Dendoncker 7
Raul 7
Diogo 8

This European stuff is fun isn’t it. We really should do it more often...

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am being reminded of Arsenal in the recent past .
They used to put their kids out in Cup matches and still thrash lesser opposition .
If we can do that with all our U23s (in FA , League and Europa cups ) that will keep the senior players fresh.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
My morning after verdict! :)

Considering the tie was already over before kick off, it actually proved a really useful game. Credit to Nuno for changing things up, could have picked a stronger team but gave a few others a chance to see what they could do.

I thought Pyunik did well first half, kept a good shape and kept the ball nicely, without really troubling Ruddy. We had to be patient and wait for spaces, but we looked a threat in attack, Neto stood out for me in that sense, looked positive, direct, tricky. Cutrone did well as well, his work rate is sensational.

Second half we were more direct, Pyunik got tired and we punished them. Gibbs-White stepped up big time second half, him and Saiss controlled the middle. Vinagre and Traore were great as well.

Gonna have tougher matches, of course but what was great is that we’ve put to bed this issue of squad depth, we’ve seen the lads come in yesterday and do the job. That first 20 minutes of the second half was a dream to watch, gorgeous gooey football!

Ratings:
:hearteyes:- Vinagre, Traore, Saiss, Cutrone
:blush:- Neto, Ruddy, Gibbs-White, Moutinho, Jota
:neutral:- Coady, Vallejo, Kilman, Jimenez, Dendoncker
:pensive:-
:tired:-

Scott in the Sand

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My morning after verdict! :)

Considering the tie was already over before kick off, it actually proved a really useful game. Credit to Nuno for changing things up, could have picked a stronger team but gave a few others a chance to see what they could do.

I thought Pyunik did well first half, kept a good shape and kept the ball nicely, without really troubling Ruddy. We had to be patient and wait for spaces, but we looked a threat in attack, Neto stood out for me in that sense, looked positive, direct, tricky. Cutrone did well as well, his work rate is sensational.

Second half we were more direct, Pyunik got tired and we punished them. Gibbs-White stepped up big time second half, him and Saiss controlled the middle. Vinagre and Traore were great as well.

Gonna have tougher matches, of course but what was great is that we’ve put to bed this issue of squad depth, we’ve seen the lads come in yesterday and do the job. That first 20 minutes of the second half was a dream to watch, gorgeous gooey football!

Ratings:
:hearteyes:- Vinagre, Traore, Saiss, Cutrone
:blush:- Neto, Ruddy, Gibbs-White, Moutinho, Jota
:neutral:- Coady, Vallejo, Kilman, Jimenez, Dendoncker
:pensive:-
:tired:-
Bit harsh on Jimi and Jota Jade. I seem to remember an attempt on goal by them on 87 minutes.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kids. Of school, just made me watch the film 'Babe'

And to sum up last night i will pinch a line,

That'll do

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets see my honest opinions.

First half pyunik were intent on trying to play it around the back with slow build up play and moreover we were happy for them to play infront of us. We looked a bit slow to the races and had less tenacity closing down compared to if we had neves - donck - jota- jimenez on the pitch.

It was an absolute credit to the 9 changes and fringe players to achieve a great result get minutes and show why they are part of the squad.

Vallejo I thought was solid and cultured he showed he can pick a pass from the back and although looks like he wants to dive in - I think is a great defender.
Killman had some shaky moments and looked out of his depth sometimes defensively but picked it up and again was strong moving the ball forward with some lovely passes.
Vinagre what can you say about this lad he may have been a touch slow getting into the game first half but he runs and runs and runs as well as have strong tenacity to pinch the ball a good defender and wonderful work rate - good end product.
Traore divided my opinion. A typical adama performance does seem to need to much defensive work and hugs the touchline at most times waiting for a ball. First half rand and ran but showed poor decision making and again horrendous end product. Showed in second half why he is mercurial leaving defenders on toast and picking good balls into the box.
Neto impressed me he really did remind me of jota. Good low centre of gravity bumping the ball of players - high work rate skilful quick and not afraid to take anyone on - deserved a goal and assist.
MGW judgement out on MGW he really wanted that goal and he loved it but I think he was a bit missing - he improved in the second half but he didn't light up the world for me. Was sometimes carless in possession but did show quality.
Cutrone what an absolute workhorse - MOTM he kept running he harassed he show patience and ability he ran in behind I was very impressed he deserved goals and they will come for him very exciting times at Molineux with our three forwards.
Saiss is the block - reliable and always the same - I applaud this lad everytime - he knows his role and he gets the job done he is the usung hero.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheriff Woody's 'Which one is Neves?' Verdict

Fifteen quid an adult and a fiver for an U-12, why not i thought. I'll take my oldest (6 year old) daughter, she'll love it I thought.

A surprisingly swift journey through the ****e roadworks of the M6 (smart motorway my ****) complete with with a musical medley of Si Senor, We've Got Neves and Nuno Had A Dream sung at the top of her voice over and over and over and over again saw us arrive at Molineux a little earlier than planned and me with a slight headache!

The early arrival called for a quick tour around the ground to show my daughter the delights of Molineux.

'Who's that man Daddy?'

Stan Cullis, he did Nuno's job when Grandpops was a little boy.

'Who's that man Daddy?'

That's Billy Wright, he played for Wolves when Grandpops was a boy. He played for England too.

'The 3 lions on a shirt team?'

That's the one.

'Who's that man Daddy?'

That's Sir Jack Hayward. He used to own Wolves and spent lots of money making the ground really nice and bought lots of players who wwre really good but kept getting injured.

'Can we go in the shop?'

Why not.

Now this was a mistake. It may have cost 20 quid for tickets but little did I realise I was about to be fleeced for another 85! Dick Turpin was less of brazen thief!

Into the ground to watch our boys in Gold, daughter proudly sporting her new tracksuit top 'It's just like Nuno's Daddy'......... Nuno didn't pay 40 quid for his!

Less than 30 seconds into the game.

'Which one is Neves?'

He's not playing. (Tears).

10 minutes in.

'I need a wee...........'

Luckily we missed very little and my daughter eased her boredom by doing some colouring in. I watched as Cutrone charged around like an Italian Steve Bull. Il Toro.

2nd half.

A little more excitement, Neto, Gibbs-White and Vinagre bulge the onion bag. Each goal met with the same question.

'Was that Neves?'

No.

Cutrone continuing his rambunctious display.

Jimenez and Jota enter the field of play, cue my daughter singing Si Senor over and over and over again.

Then the pièce de résistance. Jimenez and Jota exchange passes. Raul scoops the ball up and Jota soars into the air executing a wonderful bicycle kick into the net. The first ever scored by a Wolves player.........

'Neves is dead good isn't he Daddy?'

Errr yes.

Lovely stuff, a 4 nil stroll in the park. Daughter asleep before we even left the car park.

Ruddy - Claimed a couple of decent crosses and made a nice save low down near the end but for the most part an absolute spectator.

Traore - 1st half a typical Adama display lively but ineffective. 2nd half a real danger man when cutting inside and being direct. Had his man on toast several times. Really exciting to watch.

Vinagre - Excellent, at times in the first half he was the only one really willing to try and make things happen. 2nd half he was pretty much everywhere. A top performance.

Vallejo - Very composed, looks like he's going to be a really good player for us. The opposition probably contributed to him lookingnso composed though. Booked when it looked to me like he won the ball.

Coady - Did what we expect Coady to do and did it well.

Kilman - A few ropey moments early on but I felt he grew into the game. Looked much more composed when the game opened up a little and there was more space.

Saiss - I thought he had a really really good game. Played the Neves role, collecting the ball from the back 3 and recycling it. Was pretty much everywhere and broke up any attacks from Pyunik well. Went 'close' when Moutinho let him take a free-kick for a laugh.

Moutinho - Buzzed around the field but never really got anything going. I feel like he's been slightly off the pace in these early performances this season. Just a few misplaced passes which I probably wouldnt notice if it was anybody else.

Gibbs-White - First half I thought he didnt really influence the game but once we came out in the 2nd half looked a different player. Found space well and was involved in most of the good stuff up top. Great to get his first proper goal for us too.

Neto - Lively, rapid, effervescent. A really promising display, he's got some real giddy up about him. Probably guilty of trying a little hard first half and snatched at a few chances. Second half he looked a little more composed and was rewarded with a goal and an assist.

Cutrone - He really likes playing football doesn't he? Chased, harried and looked like he was having fun. Splendid attempt in the first half, swivelling and hitting a volley just over the bar. Came close a couple of times and was unlucky not to get his goal in the second. Mounted the goalkeeper at one point too. Il Toro.

Subs

Dendoncker - Noticeable that when he came on we completely overran them in midfield. Athleticism aplenty from Leander. I really like him.

Jimenez - A brief but effective cameo from the King Of Mexico. Wonderful assist for Jota's goal.

Jota - Wonderful goal. Worked his socks off like Diogo does. Him and Raul just work don't they?!

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable evening against not very good opposition but it's nice to see us, using the words of Glenn Hoddle, put a team to the sword. Once that first goal went in they capitulated again and it could have been a few more.

Me happy. Daughter happy. Bank account bruised but intact.

Last edited:

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought Traore and Vinagre showed first half why they are our reserve full backs, but credit to both in the second. Very very good

Looks like we have a baller in Neto (over reaction anyone??) who has a great game.

Love Cutrone’s moaning and work ethic.

Kilman settler after a nervous start, not helped by some shocking passes from RV and Ruddy

Vallejo is a walking red card, needs to curb that enthusiasm! Baller mind.

Pleased for MGW who had a good game.

Jota :)

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone, Neto and Vinagre will get the lion's share of the plaudits, deservedly, but a word for Saiss. As always, slots straight back into the midfield, keeps it simple and ticking over, rarely gives the ball away, solid as a brickhouse (loved it late in the second half when one of theirs tried to get the ball off him, bounced off, and just fell to the ground in defeat; not sure Saiss even noticed him). You wouldn't drop one of our three to accommodate him regularly, but midfield always looks stronger for him being there.
My only criticism of Saiss is that he was immensely lucky to escape a card yesterday.

M

merseawolf

Thought Traore and Vinagre showed first half why they are our reserve full backs, but credit to both in the second. Very very good

Looks like we have a baller in Neto (over reaction anyone??) who has a great game.

Love Cutrone’s moaning and work ethic.

Kilman settler after a nervous start, not helped by some shocking passes from RV and Ruddy

Vallejo is a walking red card, needs to curb that enthusiasm! Baller mind.

Pleased for MGW who had a good game.

Jota :)
I don’t think it’s been over reaction to Neto’s performance. He looks real quality to me. Great first touch, quick. tricks and end product. What’s not to like. Did he equal Costas output from last season in 70mins? I love Costa but this lad looks a proper upgrade to me.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s been over reaction to Neto’s performance. He looks real quality to me. Great first touch, quick. tricks and end product. What’s not to like. Did he equal Costas output from last season in 70mins? I love Costa but this lad looks a proper upgrade to me.
I meant more the over reaction on deadline day to a lack of player of his ilk!

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

Great night. Near to full house, got to see all the new boys in action, some lovely goals and we coasted through. What a week ahead now - Man United and Torino!

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
27BF8AEA-314F-411A-B666-D9FFFA5657E7.jpeg
Also a big shout out to the chap sitting behind me who was entertaining his kids during the warm up by creating new names for our players.
Given that the shirts they wear make them look like cattle we had...

João Moo tinho
Conor Cowdy
Moo Ben Neves
Patrick Cow trone.

Good job!

Pah. Cow fetish. Clearly not Welsh.

modenawolf

Reaction score
Limited opposition and a stodgy first half but the attacking play for the 2nd half goals was superb. Jota's volley from Raul's scooped assist was undoubtably the pick of the bunch but all 4 goals had elements of real quality.

Most impressive thing for me was the ages of the players involved in the goals:

Neto (goal & assist) - 19
Cutrone (assist) - 21
MGW (goal) - 19
Vinagre (goal) - 20
Jota (goal) - 22
Adama (assist) - 23

The future is bright!

vini69

Reaction score
Sheriff Woody's 'Which one is Neves?' Verdict

Fifteen quid an adult and a fiver for an U-12, why not i thought. I'll take my oldest (6 year old) daughter, she'll love it I thought.

A surprisingly swift journey through the ****e roadworks of the M6 (smart motorway my ****) complete with with a musical medley of Si Senor, We've Got Neves and Nuno Had A Dream sung at the top of her voice over and over and over and over again saw us arrive at Molineux a little earlier than planned and me with a slight headache!

The early arrival called for a quick tour around the ground to show my daughter the delights of Molineux.

'Who's that man Daddy?'

Stan Cullis, he did Nuno's job when Grandpops was a little boy.

'Who's that man Daddy?'

That's Billy Wright, he played for Wolves when Grandpops was a boy. He played for England too.

'The 3 lions on a shirt team?'

That's the one.

'Who's that man Daddy?'

That's Sir Jack Hayward. He used to own Wolves and spent lots of money making the ground really nice and bought lots of players who wwre really good but kept getting injured.

'Can we go in the shop?'

Why not.

Now this was a mistake. It may have cost 20 quid for tickets but little did I realise I was about to be fleeced for another 85! Dick Turpin was less of brazen thief!

Into the ground to watch our boys in Gold, daughter proudly sporting her new tracksuit top 'It's just like Nuno's Daddy'......... Nuno didn't pay 40 quid for his!

Less than 30 seconds into the game.

'Which one is Neves?'

He's not playing. (Tears).

10 minutes in.

'I need a wee...........'

Luckily we missed very little and my daughter eased her boredom by doing some colouring in. I watched as Cutrone charged around like an Italian Steve Bull. Il Toro.

2nd half.

A little more excitement, Neto, Gibbs-White and Vinagre bulge the onion bag. Each goal met with the same question.

'Was that Neves?'

No.

Cutrone continuing his rambunctious display.

Jimenez and Jota enter the field of play, cue my daughter singing Si Senor over and over and over again.

Then the pièce de résistance. Jimenez and Jota exchange passes. Raul scoops the ball up and Jota soars into the air executing a wonderful bicycle kick into the net. The first ever scored by a Wolves player.........

'Neves is dead good isn't he Daddy?'

Errr yes.

Lovely stuff, a 4 nil stroll in the park. Daughter asleep before we even left the car park.

Ruddy - Claimed a couple of decent crosses and made a nice save low down near the end but for the most part an absolute spectator.

Traore - 1st half a typical Adama display lively but ineffective. 2nd half a real danger man when cutting inside and being direct. Had his man on toast several times. Really exciting to watch.

Vinagre - Excellent, at times in the first half he was the only one really willing to try and make things happen. 2nd half he was pretty much everywhere. A top performance.

Vallejo - Very composed, looks like he's going to be a really good player for us. The opposition probably contributed to him lookingnso composed though. Booked when it looked to me like he won the ball.

Coady - Did what we expect Coady to do and did it well.

Kilman - A few ropey moments early on but I felt he grew into the game. Looked much more composed when the game opened up a little and there was more space.

Saiss - I thought he had a really really good game. Played the Neves role, collecting the ball from the back 3 and recycling it. Was pretty much everywhere and broke up any attacks from Pyunik well. Went 'close' when Moutinho let him take a free-kick for a laugh.

Moutinho - Buzzed around the field but never really got anything going. I feel like he's been slightly off the pace in these early performances this season. Just a few misplaced passes which I probably wouldnt notice if it was anybody else.

Gibbs-White - First half I thought he didnt really influence the game but once we came out in the 2nd half looked a different player. Found space well and was involved in most of the good stuff up top. Great to get his first proper goal for us too.

Neto - Lively, rapid, effervescent. A really promising display, he's got some real giddy up about him. Probably guilty of trying a little hard first half and snatched at a few chances. Second half he looked a little more composed and was rewarded with a goal and an assist.

Cutrone - He really likes playing football doesn't he? Chased, harried and looked like he was having fun. Splendid attempt in the first half, swivelling and hitting a volley just over the bar. Came close a couple of times and was unlucky not to get his goal in the second. Mounted the goalkeeper at one point too. Il Toro.

Subs

Dendoncker - Noticeable that when he came on we completely overran them in midfield. Athleticism aplenty from Leander. I really like him.

Jimenez - A brief but effective cameo from the King Of Mexico. Wonderful assist for Jota's goal.

Jota - Wonderful goal. Worked his socks off like Diogo does. Him and Raul just work don't they?!

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable evening against not very good opposition but it's nice to see us, using the words of Glenn Hoddle, put a team to the sword. Once that first goal went in they capitulated again and it could have been a few more.

Me happy. Daughter happy. Bank account bruised but intact.
Sign that man up for the Athletic!!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We looked much better without VAR being used to scrutinize and disallow every goal.

loopy lupine

Reaction score
Poor game, Crusaders were better. Move on quickly.
Rubbish and ridiculous post.

Crusaders could only frustrate and defend. Pyunik passed the ball around really well, hassled and harried and offered far more than Crusaders did in both games.
Granted, neither are Premier League quality, and we rightly dispatched both, but you've only got to look around Europe (Celtic for example) and previous prelim stage Premier attempts to see that if you take teams like this lightly you will come crashing down to earth.

The fact our "reserves" carried out such a comprehensive and professional performance is a delight to see.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top Performers
Cutrone- Oozes class, simple flicks and touches. Desperate to score and ran his socks off. Really impressive
Vinagre- Seems to have brought upper body strength to his game which makes him and Jota two players who must be injected with some incredible hulk like virus. Quick powerful and a good eye for goal
Saiss- Would treat a kick about in the park with the same tempo as a premier league match and is my runner up for MOTM

Special congratulations to Morgan Gibbs Goal for his goal and Adama for another good performance despite that one chance that went out for a throw. The fact remains love him or hate him the mood changes when he gets the ball and that excitement cant be replicated.

Maximillion and Jesus also grew into the game and I like Neto a lot given his performance and think he can become a good addition

03/12/1960

An excellent result after a slow start. The most impressive thing for me is that six of the starting eleven are aged 22 or under. Nuno has got some serious talent to work with, especially Cutrone and Neto. I can't wait to see Cutrone on the end of a Neves through ball! I was also very impressed with Vallejo; if there is any possibility of a permanent deal as we achieved with Jonny last season we should go for it although I suspect that Real see him as a possible successor to Ramos.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought it was a shame that the Armenian lads didn’t stick around for the Wolves supporters’ appreciation like the Crusaders players did. They’d have got a good ovation. Unfortunately they just scuttled off. Their keeper didn’t know what to do when he was applauded as he came down to the South Bank for the 2nd half.

K

Knocker Lite

Rubbish and ridiculous post.

Crusaders could only frustrate and defend. Pyunik passed the ball around really well, hassled and harried and offered far more than Crusaders did in both games.
Granted, neither are Premier League quality, and we rightly dispatched both, but you've only got to look around Europe (Celtic for example) and previous prelim stage Premier attempts to see that if you take teams like this lightly you will come crashing down to earth.

The fact our "reserves" carried out such a comprehensive and professional performance is a delight to see.

Its called having a different opinion.
I saw a side much like Crusaders with very limited abilities, set up in contrasting ways with both unable to cause many problems.
In boxing terms its bum a month.

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
I thought all of them played really well especially the 2nd half.Saiss looks good in midfield both for his defensive work and his passing.All the new lads impressed greatly Neto and Cutrone both have bags of skill but they are both so hard working as well Kilman after a dodgy opening looked solid defensively but also looked good on the ball.Vallejo looks a good defender and his passing was superb.Traore and Vinagre were superb both defensively and going forward.The opposition were not great but that was encouraging to see that the depth is there after all.How many times in the past have inferior opposition beaten us.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A match without value for us.
Puynik simply way too bad.
Bring on the proper tie that is Torino.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its called having a different opinion.
I saw a side much like Crusaders with very limited abilities, set up in contrasting ways with both unable to cause many problems.
In boxing terms its bum a month.

Except one of the bums ran for 12 rounds, the other at least had a go

Back
Top Bottom