Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

VAR Protest

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the good of the game, between now and the end of the season, we should demonstrate against VAR.

What’s the most effective and impactful way?

Answers on a postcard please …

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suggest that we alternate "Premier League, corrupt as ****" with "PGMOL, corrupt as ****" all game every game. Time to target the incompetent at best downright bent at worst officials directly and consistently. Particularly during the Sky Six televised games.

Do our damnedest to damage the PL's precious "product"!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the good of the game, between now and the end of the season, we should demonstrate against VAR.

What’s the most effective and impactful way?

Answers on a postcard please …
The most impactful would be to do a Fenerbahce and destroy the credibility of the PL as a competition....

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suggest that we alternate "Premier League, corrupt as ****" with "PGMOL, corrupt as ****" all game every game. Time to target the incompetent at best downright bent at worst officials directly and consistently. Particularly during the Sky Six televised games.

There’s no way out travelling fans could cope with the extra syllable in the song!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ordinarily I’d be against any sort of protests in football as they rarely achieve anything, however fans up and down the country are rightly fed up with VAR (and how it’s interpreted) that if we protested we could potentially be the catalyst for others to do so. However it would (for me) need to be a club lead initiative to carry real weight. GON and especially Shi as chairman having their say really carries some weight, hence why the latter is being talked about a lot in the media. Realistically every club, manager, player and fan in the country is fed up of how it is so everyone needs to unite together, however for various reasons I cant see that happening

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only way to get rid of this VAR disease is for all PL Managers to meet on how to get rid
Totally agree. However it really doesn't help when you get people like Moyes saying one thing behind closed doors and then something different to the media just because it was in his club's favour.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It needs to be the officials.

I genuinely don’t know, but was Saturday the second VAR mistake against us this season? After the second Fulham penalty I believe.

If so, even thought it’s unacceptable, 2 mistakes in 31 games is not worth a protest.

Against the officials, who have done us many, many more times, and I’d be in. The refereeing against us this season is hard to accept.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I genuinely don’t know, but was Saturday the second VAR mistake against us this season? After the second Fulham penalty I believe.

If so, even thought it’s unacceptable, 2 mistakes in 31 games is not worth a protest.

Against the officials, who have done us many, many more times, and I’d be in. The refereeing against us this season is hard to accept.
Are you discounting the Man Utd error (not awarding a penalty) or the sheff Utd error (awarding them a penalty)? I think it’s the sheer inconsistency in how the rules are being applied and the game essentially being re-refereed by a VAR that is worth discussion in relation to any potential protests.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you discounting the Man Utd error (not awarding a penalty) or the sheff Utd error (awarding them a penalty)? I think it’s the sheer inconsistency in how the rules are being applied and the game essentially being re-refereed by a VAR that is worth discussion in relation to any potential protests.
Yes I am because the officials gave them.

No VAR (as many of you want) and those outcomes still happen.

But yes I get your broader point. However, the biggest problem for us this season has undoubtedly been the on-field decision.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But yes I get your broader point. However, the biggest problem for us this season has undoubtedly been the on-field decision.
Think it’s fair to say the standard of officiating this season has been very low, despite Howard Webb’s appointment.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Without VAR I am not sure the outcomes would be the same. Referees are now relying on VAR to help them out, and without it they may not make the calls they do. There is no doubt in my mind that the standard of refereeing has gone down since VAR was introduced. Webb says that VAR is not there to re referee the game, but that is exactly what is happening. A referee is now giving a decision he wouldn’t have given previously, knowing VAR will help him out.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They'll just turn the effects microphones down (or off).

Empty stadiums (or significantly reduced attendances) is the best visual way of protesting.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without VAR I am not sure the outcomes would be the same. Referees are now relying on VAR to help them out, and without it they may not make the calls they do. There is no doubt in my mind that the standard of refereeing has gone down since VAR was introduced. Webb says that VAR is not there to re referee the game, but that is exactly what is happening. A referee is now giving a decision he wouldn’t have given previously, knowing VAR will help him out.

Perhaps, and I probably would agree in general.

However, with ours specifically, the natural stance would be to not give a penalty and then wait to see. For example, the Schar and Baldock dives and the first one at Fulham. Logic would be 'I'm not sure about that', so give nothing and wait to see what VAR says. Instead, they inexplicably went the other way!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They'll just turn the effects microphones down (or off).

Empty stadiums (or significantly reduced attendances) is the best visual way or protesting.
Empty stadiums would work but always too many other people that would ignore it and go anyways. The only other way is to interrupt the game tennis balls as someone else suggested. Delaying the games week in week out will frustrate the PL

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walk off the pitch at Anfield after kicking off
Imagine if Wolves handed Liverpool the league title with a default 3-0 win because we walked off the pitch. Not only would referees probably screw us even harder after that out of bloody-mindedness, we would probably become the most hated team in England for quite a long time.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
German fans get stuff cancelled/amended all the time with protests. Monday night football matches and tv fixture moves all abandoned due to fan pressure. English fans arent as organised, most in the ground arent as invested in the fabric of football and passive. Protests are seen as uncouth in the UK in general so it wont ever happen.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
German fans get stuff cancelled/amended all the time with protests. Monday night football matches and tv fixture moves all abandoned due to fan pressure. English fans arent as organised, most in the ground arent as invested in the fabric of football and passive. Protests are seen as uncouth in the UK in general so it wont ever happen.
The British have a tendency to put up with whatever, whole 'stiff upper lip' and all that.

Means those with wealth and power can take the ****, quite frankly. Applies to the Premier League, too.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
It is going to take something radical like picketing Stockly Park on match days to stop the idiots entering the building in the first place. Why isn't Howard Webb made to come on TV and explain the complete and utter balls up he is making of the beautiful game.

What is the most important thing in football right now is not how it is played but how referees are judged to have applied the letter of the law. They can't see the irony in that trying to avoid criticism they are ruining our National Game.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have the biggest platform imaginable on the final day of the season in what will be a nothing game for us where we're expected to turn up and lose. Disrupting that will get noticed I assure you.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Completely agree with this.

It's completely impacted their decision making and not for the better unfortunately.That is one of the big problems.

the genius

Reaction score
It is going to take something radical like picketing Stockly Park on match days to stop the idiots entering the building in the first place. Why isn't Howard Webb made to come on TV and explain the complete and utter balls up he is making of the beautiful game.

What is the most important thing in football right now is not how it is played but how referees are judged to have applied the letter of the law. They can't see the irony in that trying to avoid criticism they are ruining our National Game.
I'm pretty certain that when he does his show with Owen he just picks the incidents Var got right as opposed to the many they get wrong. Utterly pathetic

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Rarely we agree, but we’re on the same page with this. It needs to be about officiating in general

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Empty stadiums would work but always too many other people that would ignore it and go anyways. The only other way is to interrupt the game tennis balls as someone else suggested. Delaying the games week in week out will frustrate the PL
Yes, that would work too. Maybe soft toys so kids charities can benefit (?).

A visual protest that cannot be hidden or "technically" avoided.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Yes, that would work too. Maybe soft toys so kids charities can benefit (?).

A visual protest that cannot be hidden or "technically" avoided.
We could all sneak in condoms, blow them up and release them onto the pitch in say the 69th minute. Would be an apt protest, given that a bunch of knobs are ****ing up our game and turning it into a sterile farce!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PL corrupt AF gets noticed but you need something more physical. Kids toys an idea but ultimately the clubs would still vote in favour of VAR even if they held a referendum we are screwed

TheWolfFromWolverhampton

Reaction score
It's David versus Goliath this battle verses VAR. Having said that, lawfully speaking. I can think of lots of ways to voice discontent. We could phone up Talk Sport, and complain, and talk to the pundits on there. Use Banners. Someone said the use of whistles, yet not sure how this would work? Could do what Everton did and just bring those pink placards with 'corrupt'.

In all honesty, I have been scratching my head trying to think of ways to complain, yet this battle has been going on for so long now. I think a lawful and peaceful protest is within everyone's human rights. Can't get fined for that. As long as it's organised, and you liaise with the plod, and don't do anything silly like.

Back
Top Bottom