Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

VAR 2023-24

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Changing VAR to a challenge system fixes this. The "Clear and obvious" standard is little more than a vehicle for blatant refereeing biases at this point.
This 100%. Clear and obvious is an excuse not to give something and then be backed up by their mates in the VAR shed depending on who they decide they want to win the game.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hooper is a **** ref, and the VAR was Salisbury who is also grossly incompetent.

I reckon the Premier League and PGMOL would get a better crop of officials if it wasn't so determined to solely recruit from a never ending pool of middle aged white blokes (preferably dull/boring with no personality allowed) and instead recruit based on merit, rather than if someone's face fits. There's definitely better officials knocking about in the EFL and the National League.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa fan text me- definitely pen
Liverpool fan text me definitely pen (maybe biased)
Stoke fan text me- definitely a pen
My old man-a United fan definitely a pen!

Not one person saying it’s not a penalty other than the ref and var

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen it was Salisbury. What a surprise. A clueless idiot who should now be asked as to why he didnt ask Hooper to go and look at the screen. An absolute disgrace and shameful. My dog could have seen that was a penalty. Answers please Mr Salisbury but of course you will hide behind the lack of accountability of your organisation. Absolutely sick of this ****.

Lud-wolf

Reaction score
Not only did Hooper somehow miss their keeper flatten two of our players, when the ball drops Mctominey attempts to clear the ball and only succeeds in kicking the back of Kilman's leg. Two clear penalties in the space of two seconds. Not surprised VAR miss both incidents.

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need to keep a tally of these lost points. Any way to make it a sticky….

Game 1. Penalty in last 5 mins to take it to 1-1. 1 point lost

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Villa fan text me- definitely pen
Liverpool fan text me definitely pen (maybe biased)
Stoke fan text me- definitely a pen
My old man-a United fan definitely a pen!

Not one person saying it’s not a penalty other than the ref and var

Watford, United and Brighton fans have all text me saying it’s a pen.

I’ve seen a Twitter poll where currently 96% of people have said it’s a pen.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
They didn't bottle it. They made the wrong ****ing appalling decision.
The on-field ref made the appalling decision. The guy on the VAR bottled it in terms of not telling the ref to double check.

Honestly what's the point of VAR? The spurs game yesterday - the ref went to the screen for a slight touch. Sasa gets smashed in the face and it's not even checked. How is this an even playing field?

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was so certain, I was trying to work out who would take the penalty. There’s nothing marginal about the decision. It’s a 99.99% penalty. Unfortunately the 0.01 were the 2 refs

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky sports wouldn't have shut up about it if it was the other way round....
Even Sky Sports Gary Neville Man U through and through said it was a penalty and Man United manager Eric V just admitted to Johnny Phillips he thought it was too and were lucky to get away with it

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's really my biggest issue with VAR, it's simply a match managing/fixing tool.

I personally don't mind keepers getting away with getting it wrong (Sa has on many times) when there is no intent, Onana is clearly looking at the ball and the ball isn't going anywhere near Sasa so I am OK with the referee letting it go....but you damn well know up the other end if United needed a goal VAR is overruling the referees call instantly.
This is the thing. Has been the same since it’s inception. Far too many things protecting the chosen few clubs. It’s not going to change though…. Far too much money involved.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was so certain, I was trying to work out who would take the penalty. There’s nothing marginal about the decision. It’s a 99.99% penalty. Unfortunately the 0.01 were the 2 refs
same. I was screaming at the Mrs we had 100% got a penalty, dog thought I was about to boot him out the window, there was no ****ing way they cannot give a penalty.

Two minutes later, yellow card for Gary for appealing.

Laughable

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
When a defender dallies on the ball and a striker sneaks in, gets the ball first and then gets clipped when the defender tries to clears - its always a pen.

What's the difference to what happened today? The opposition player is late and clatters our player. Its 100% a pen

Don't know what carragher on sky has been smoking beforehand if he thinks that's not a pen!

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the goalkeeper completely misses the ball and poleaxes our striker in the six yard box.

Criminal that the referee wasn’t even asked to review the monitor and just a criminal decision.
Haven't we had aggro with this particular VAR official before. As for Hooper, shove a red hot pocker up his fat ****.

Rowzed

Reaction score
Changing VAR to a challenge system fixes this. The "Clear and obvious" standard is little more than a vehicle for blatant refereeing biases at this point.
And saves a booking for our coach

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When a defender dallies on the ball and a striker sneaks in, gets the ball first and then gets clipped when the defender tries to clears - its always a pen.

What's the difference to what happened today? The opposition player is late and clatters our player. Its 100% a pen

Don't know what carragher on sky has been smoking beforehand if he thinks that's not a pen!
Too much spittle.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's really my biggest issue with VAR, it's simply a match managing/fixing tool.

I personally don't mind keepers getting away with getting it wrong (Sa has on many times) when there is no intent, Onana is clearly looking at the ball and the ball isn't going anywhere near Sasa so I am OK with the referee letting it go....but you damn well know up the other end if United needed a goal VAR is overruling the referees call instantly.
Sorry but the fact he's looking at the ball is neither here nor there. He has come out and wiped out the opposing player without getting near the ball. What's the difference between that and a tackle in the outfield where the player is pulled down because the defender has missed the ball?

Further, there is supposed to be a duty of care to opposing players. It was *******' dangerous jumping in like that with his fist out in that manner. He wasn't within two ball circumferences of the ball. As such, he has misread it and clattered his opponent. As clear a pen as you'll ever see and an arguable red for dangerous play.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As usual the PL back up whatever the idiot refs do.

Make an obvious error.

PL: It was checked and it was not a clear and obvious error.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think for apologies in this instance, the final minute of the game - we should be awarded a point

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Already received it apparently.

Makes it a bit embarrassing for PGMOL now, as their own stance that it wasn’t clear and obvious has been undermined by the match officials who made the original call. Not entirely sure how the hell they will explain that one.
Presumably the apology has come from the officials present at OT, and not from the clown on VAR?
Seems like they're hanging one of their own out to dry and trying to cover their own arses!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Presumably the apology has come from the officials present at OT, and not from the clown on VAR?
Seems like they're hanging one of their own out to dry and trying to cover their own arses!
Reportedly Jon Moss gave the apology for the PGMOL and said it was a clear and obvious error

Back
Top Bottom