Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

v Saints (A) Predictions

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
We will win if we stay 3/5 at the back and put Saiss in midfield alongside Neves. Traore, Jose and Neto front 3.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Against one of only 3 or 4 teams who are even more out of form than us in the league. Letting in goals for fun, so we shouldn't have anything to fear from Southampton. We are relying on gifts from the opposition at the moment. And Southampton, as much as anyone, just may oblige us. A reckless sending off and penalty would ve very helpful and the least they can do after we generously gifted them an FA Cup quarter final place.

Depends which Wolves turns up. The one that looks like they don't want to be there and fears even part-timers, just may be able to get to half time at 0-0. From there, pick a random number between 0 and 1 for each team. That will be the score.

Alternatively, maybe this is the one where we actually go into the lead? It's been such a long time, I'm not sure the players would know how to handle it. I know my blood pressure would suffer, having to watch us sit back and defend a 1-0 lead for 60 minutes or more. In this case, if we score first, pick a random number between 1 and 2 for us and 0 and 2 for Southampton. That will be the score.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves to bounce back after resting players midweek.

A worthy 2-2 draw, but still keep up our dismal record up of conceding first.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading the other day how the Saints manager couldn't believe how easy the fa cup game was for them and how the dressing room had been totally transformed for the match Sunday makes me even more madder at Nuno. What an utterly stupid idea to throw a cup game against a side due to be played again a few days later thereby giving them a boost. The idea that he's trying to force Fosun to sack him could be true.
Do you really not have a measure of the man? Nuno is a classy, honourable gentleman.
If, for whatever reason , he wanted to leave Wolves, he would discuss it with Shi. That’s what adults do.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see a 0-0 again. I'd happily take a point

I'll be honest. I wont be happy with a point tomorrow after the shambles on Thursday. Nothing less than a win from my point of view to try and get some pride back into this woeful season.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Against one of only 3 or 4 teams who are even more out of form than us in the league. Letting in goals for fun, so we shouldn't have anything to fear from Southampton. We are relying on gifts from the opposition at the moment. And Southampton, as much as anyone, just may oblige us. A reckless sending off and penalty would ve very helpful and the least they can do after we generously gifted them an FA Cup quarter final place.

Depends which Wolves turns up. The one that looks like they don't want to be there and fears even part-timers, just may be able to get to half time at 0-0. From there, pick a random number between 0 and 1 for each team. That will be the score.

Alternatively, maybe this is the one where we actually go into the lead? It's been such a long time, I'm not sure the players would know how to handle it. I know my blood pressure would suffer, having to watch us sit back and defend a 1-0 lead for 60 minutes or more. In this case, if we score first, pick a random number between 1 and 2 for us and 0 and 2 for Southampton. That will be the score.
THE LEAD!!

are you quite well sir?

zedkiel60

Groupie
Reaction score
Wolves win 2-0 Considering Southampton had almost their 1st team out on thursday i didn't think they were anything special. 4-2-3-1 for me

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Minamino to return for Southampton tomorrow after being cup tied on Thursday along with Che Adams.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Predicted Saints line-up​

Alex McCarthy; Kyle Walker-Peters, Jan Bednarek, Jannik Vestergaard, Ryan Bertrand; James Ward-Prowse, Oriol Romeu; Stuart Armstrong, Takumi Minamino; Danny Ings, Nathan Redmond

McCarthy, Vestergaard and Minamino return to the starting line-up as this will give Hasenhuttl his strongest team at the moment.

Nathan Redmond could keep his place because of his impact as a striker in a fluid attacking setup on Thursday, although Che Adams will be ready to start if the decision is made to change things up again.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score

Predicted Saints line-up​

Alex McCarthy; Kyle Walker-Peters, Jan Bednarek, Jannik Vestergaard, Ryan Bertrand; James Ward-Prowse, Oriol Romeu; Stuart Armstrong, Takumi Minamino; Danny Ings, Nathan Redmond

McCarthy, Vestergaard and Minamino return to the starting line-up as this will give Hasenhuttl his strongest team at the moment.

Nathan Redmond could keep his place because of his impact as a striker in a fluid attacking setup on Thursday, although Che Adams will be ready to start if the decision is made to change things up again.
Was hoping they’d play that Salisu again, he was hopeless.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope for a goalless draw.
Really struggles seeing us scoring unfortunately.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As much as it will annoy me if we needlessly give away a free kick in Ward Prowse territory, it will annoy me if we needlessly get caught offside on our own free-kicks when Soton play the high line and step out.

1-1

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put a smile back on our faces please lads and make up for Thursday night's capitulation, BIG TIME.

Wolves ONLY Wolves!

A win tomorrow will not make up for Thursday night's horror show.I'm still fuming Nuno played Gibbs white,Vitinha,and Silva.in a game that could have seen us get a shot at Wembley in the FA bloody cup.Nuno you have given us fans absolutely nothing to look forward to now.Nothing.I ony hope you've found the solutions.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
He was truly awful. I believe it was his first game in the PL and it showed. Thought he had far more time on the ball than he actually did. Was hoping he'd be playing tomorrow too.

Saints have quite a few of their key players back now that were missing on their bad run - Walker-Peters, Vestergaard, Romeu - it's a shame. They were doing very well with those players fit.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton 1 - 0 Wolves

Won't get battered.
Just won't offer anything going forward again.
Never seen a team of 11 men that just never look like scoring, ever.

Did you watch Brighton v Villa? :D The funny thing about Brighton is that they often look like scoring, they just never do. At least we score more than Burnley... though that may not last.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if we win, we lose, as it just emphasises the lunacy of last nights team selection.

If we lose, we win. Because this season is a write off, Covid and injuries. And if only we'd scored that sitter and not made that one defensive error, we'd have won.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves 2-0. We've had some dodgy results playing Southampton over the years but football always has twists, its time for things to work in our favour.

D

Deleted member 11332

Just got a feeling we are going to beat these tomorrow. 2-0 and put on a real performance. No idea why

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That comment, WS10 just confirms how hopeless we were as well!

Salisu was an accident waiting to happen but he was never ever tested was he!

KildareWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
0-0
Asleep by half time

To be honest I’d just take a good attacking performance full of intent and the result will take care of itself!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That comment, WS10 just confirms how hopeless we were as well!

Salisu was an accident waiting to happen but he was never ever tested was he!

But surely... "patience..he's only young, new to the UK, needs time to settle.." ? If he's out of his depth, the solution is to keep playing him until he isn't. :D

Oh, wait, he only cost £10M. Send him out on loan to the Swiss second division then.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I have seen over the last 10 weeks I find it hard to predict a win . If we play differently we could easily win . But it means changing our mindset and not being passive for first 60 minutes .

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Should be OK, possibly for the 3 points, as long as Jonny plays the full 90 and/or Saints have at least 1 player sent off.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ithink we might score so southampton? Wolves1. If i had to put money on it 2-1

Back
Top Bottom