Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

v Saints (A) Predictions

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Back to the nitty-gritty of the league and the bigger picture with it.

The stress test re development with objective analysing over and done with, we once again turn to the more serious league situation.

Absolutely no doubt we will now look to respond to it as naturally required and expected.

The Saints were deliberately given an easier passage because of our own purpose, it just won’t be the same for them on Sunday.

Going 1 – 3…...the true reality for them will be too much to handle on the day. :)

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I normally predict a Wolves win, and I will again.

Southampton 1 - 3 Wolves

D

Deleted member yltz11841

I’m going for an entertaining game of 1 shot in the first half followed by an amazing 2 shots in the second half or is that a little ambitious? Southampton will score and we rarely score more than 1 so Il go for an ambitious 1-1.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Even if we win, we lose, as it just emphasises the lunacy of last nights team selection.
No, not at all!!

Only unless you are perhaps privy to the situation with player peak fitness and availability with it all being 100% bang on and able, with no desire or need to test and develop the young newbies.

The focus has to have been on trying to enable an adequately focused and concentrated effort for the league clash.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, not at all!!

Only unless you are perhaps privy to the situation with player peak fitness and availability with it all being 100% bang on and able, with no desire or need to test and develop the young newbies.

The focus has to have been on trying to enable an adequately focused and concentrated effort for the league clash.
Solutions.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we win, we go above them I think. And about 4-5 weeks ago everyone was talking about what an amazing season they're having, how right they were to stick with their manager, the wonderful football they play, etc. etc. Meanwhile we are certs for relegation and Nuno's had it. Funny old game.

On an unrelated note, 6-0 Southampton.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be surprised if we get anything, but that often is there prelude to us actually doing ok. I think 2-0 to Saints who will be a bit more relaxed now we've gifted them a quarter final FA Cup tie versus the might of AFC Bournemouth. back to looking over our shoulders.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine we'll go 4-3-3 with Rui, Semedo, Coady, Neto , Jose and Traore back in with Donk joining Neves and Moutinho in the midfield 3.
0-0

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've learned about myself that I suffer Cup defeats far harder than league ones. I will therefore watch this match with the emotional equivalent of folded arms and a frosty scowl, and will greet each of the ten goals we score with a cantankerous harrumph and a smattering of sarcastic applause behind my newspaper.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading the other day how the Saints manager couldn't believe how easy the fa cup game was for them and how the dressing room had been totally transformed for the match Sunday makes me even more madder at Nuno. What an utterly stupid idea to throw a cup game against a side due to be played again a few days later thereby giving them a boost. The idea that he's trying to force Fosun to sack him could be true.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put a smile back on our faces please lads and make up for Thursday night's capitulation, BIG TIME.

Wolves ONLY Wolves!

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Reading the other day how the Saints manager couldn't believe how easy the fa cup game was for them and how the dressing room had been totally transformed for the match Sunday makes me even more madder at Nuno. What an utterly stupid idea to throw a cup game against a side due to be played again a few days later thereby giving them a boost. The idea that he's trying to force Fosun to sack him could be true.
Or maybe you're peddling complete and utter rubbish and its an insult to a good man.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Interestingly there is a good parallel to be made between our two games with Southampton and Southampton's two games with Arsenal in the last round. It was the same situation as we are in now. Southampton played Arsenal in the FA Cup and then the next game in the Premier League. Arsenal put out a weak side in the cup game and got soundly beaten, their fans were furious. In the following game in the Premier League, Southampton played the full strength team again, but this time so did Arsenal. The Saints looked jaded and Arsenal soundly beat them. Any confidence that Southampton supposedly had gained from the cup game failed to materialise .

Hopefully it'll be the same for us. Arteta prioritised the league game over the cup game. What we aren't privy to is the fitness stats of all of our squad. Who is in the 'red zone' and risking injury, who are struggling with slight knocks. We can all guess that Moutinho may need a rest but we haven't got the data to make an informed decision. If we had played some of our big guns from the start in the cup and then lost them for a number of weeks to injury it could have really have impacted our run in. We will never know. I think Nuno and the coaching staff are now very wary of new injuries given the problems we've had this season and having just experienced Boly and Podence getting injured having just returned. This can also been seen in the way they are slowly bringing back Jonny.

daniel corfield

Groupie
Reaction score
Southampton 1 - 0 Wolves

Won't get battered.
Just won't offer anything going forward again.
Never seen a team of 11 men that just never look like scoring, ever.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly think we will lose and yet again wonder just what is going on. 2-0 to Southampton.

Back
Top Bottom